Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2014 IS Exhaust Options & Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-14, 07:48 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 IS Exhaust Options & Update

Just found out some news on exhaust options for the IS250/IS350.

Agency Power now has a full exhaust for $1,000. There is a video & sound clip. The mufflers look nice but the sound is very raspy! If you like it very loud (and almost obnoxious), you may want to consider this. This is made in America vs all the others which is manily Japanese.

Greddy has an axle back option now with the SP Elite model. No exact pics or sound clips yet. If had Greddy EVO on 2001 IS300 and it was nice sound, so hopefully this is similar.

Tanabe also has axle back Medalion model. Has pics but no sound clip. This one has muffler with the exhaust pipe in the middle. On the 2nd gen IS, this same model was offered with the exhaust pipe on the side which gives more an aftermarket look. In general, this model tends to be relatively quiet compared to other aftermarket exhausts. This is only slightly louder than stock unless you add a mid pipe.

Invidia has a full & axle back system reasonable price along with good sound. But the muffler is really butt ugly! They have a flat bottom look which to me looks cheap and worse than stock. It does have nice burnt tips option. You might be able to get their mid pipe and use Greddy or Tanabe rear section. Then this would give you both the nice look & sound. I am not sure if the mid pipe will work with other rear sections but on 2nd gen IS it did i think.

HKS still has nothing out yet and supposedly in the works of making one. Their Hi Power exhaust for 2nd gen IS is nice look and sound especially when hooked up with a mid pipe.

Ark already has a full exhuast but you cannot buy their mid pipe or rear section separately. They have the best rear section & sound but also the most expensive.

Both the Greddy & Tanabe are available now. So maybe someone can get this to try out and let others know.

I really want a Greddy but have not seen pics or sound clips yet. Tanabe almost a waste of money as will only be slight sound difference.

Let me know what any others may have heard or found out on this.
Old 10-13-14, 08:21 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You forgot JoeZ...
Old 10-13-14, 09:09 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In my opinion, the Agency Power exhaust sounds almost identical to the Invidia exhaust but a bit deeper. I plan on purchasing that one by the end of the year.
Old 10-13-14, 09:29 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How about the GTHAUS Meisterschaft? Those things scream.
Old 10-13-14, 10:13 AM
JCWong
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The catback full exhaust systems you've mentioned are for RWD models, correct? As far as I know, only ARK has catback available for AWD. I personally am waiting for JoeZ (most preferably), Invidia, or Fujitsubo with an AWD version.
Old 10-13-14, 10:48 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm probably going this route: HKS Hi-Power axle back + Invidia mid pipe. This is very very very loud (2IS videos).

Ark/JoeZ cat back is another option that I would consider.
Old 10-14-14, 12:27 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

Yes JC , all these are RWD except Ark. Ark looks and sounds great but is also one more expensive ones.

I spoke to HKS today and no release on Hi Power model yet. They have same round canister look as Ark which I prefer over oval shape which is more stock look.

Spoke to Greddy which is coming out with Supreme SP model which is similar maybe replacement for SP Elite? Maybe next month or two.

Talked to Tanabe also on their Medalion model which is supposedly produced and being shipped over from Japan so maybe by Dec?

Did talk to Invidia and their mid pipe can be used with other rear axle back systems.

Agency Power trying to get me more sound clips and dyno info. If it is not as raspy as you tube vdo, then this may be the winner in price, performance and looks.

GT Haus way expensive and sound is too aggressive.

Joe Z I have not heard it on IS350 as mainly only IS250 models are used. Only heard short clip of rear axle on IS350 but not long enough clip to tell sound.

Other is Magnaflow which not fan of. Also, F Sport is just ok but not too much diff than stock and costly,

Wish HKS would hurry up with their exhaust as that sounds nice with mid pipe but I impatient waiting since Dec. other choice is get Greddy or Go full exhaust with Agency Power or Ark. But don't want spend that much as leasing and only 1.5 year left on lease then have to pull off exhaust to re sell.
Old 10-14-14, 03:39 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

BORLA BROLA BORLA BORLA BORLA when Borla cat back will be out ??
Old 10-14-14, 05:43 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Last I had heard Ark didn't have the Cat back for the AWD yet. I know JoeZ will pretty soon. This is who I will be going with.
Old 10-14-14, 08:34 AM
itsjdmyo
Rookie

i'm debating on buying the Magnaflow axle back but kind of holding off to see if Borla will come out with one soon.
Old 10-14-14, 11:21 PM
JCWong
Rookie

Originally Posted by NVMarkus
Last I had heard Ark didn't have the Cat back for the AWD yet. I know JoeZ will pretty soon. This is who I will be going with.
A fellow member (or more?) from CL has offered his AWD for R&D @ Ark a few months back so they should be fine tuning or "in production" now. I've seen some pictures of them posted here somewhere if you look around

I'm with you on JoeZ, my favorite thus far. Haven't heard from JoeZ in 3IS AWD catback for a while, any news?
Old 10-14-14, 11:37 PM
JCWong
Rookie

Originally Posted by tx_is300
Yes JC , all these are RWD except Ark. Ark looks and sounds great but is also one more expensive ones.

I spoke to HKS today and no release on Hi Power model yet. They have same round canister look as Ark which I prefer over oval shape which is more stock look.

Spoke to Greddy which is coming out with Supreme SP model which is similar maybe replacement for SP Elite? Maybe next month or two.

Talked to Tanabe also on their Medalion model which is supposedly produced and being shipped over from Japan so maybe by Dec?

Did talk to Invidia and their mid pipe can be used with other rear axle back systems.

Agency Power trying to get me more sound clips and dyno info. If it is not as raspy as you tube vdo, then this may be the winner in price, performance and looks.

GT Haus way expensive and sound is too aggressive.

Joe Z I have not heard it on IS350 as mainly only IS250 models are used. Only heard short clip of rear axle on IS350 but not long enough clip to tell sound.

Other is Magnaflow which not fan of. Also, F Sport is just ok but not too much diff than stock and costly,

Wish HKS would hurry up with their exhaust as that sounds nice with mid pipe but I impatient waiting since Dec. other choice is get Greddy or Go full exhaust with Agency Power or Ark. But don't want spend that much as leasing and only 1.5 year left on lease then have to pull off exhaust to re sell.

WOW thanks for all the great information! How did you get around finding so much info from each company?
Do you know how soon is "soon" for JoeZ AWD catback? 250 and 350 should be the same configuration on the 3IS in terms of exhaust layout, but yes mostly 250's for now except for limited clips on 350, my guess is it will be slightly deeper but tone should be similar being both V6 engines.
Since Invidia already has exhaust available in full or midpipe/axle back sold in separate pieces, will they be coming up with new midpipe design for AWD?
Any connections with Fujitsubo? I LOVED my Fujitsubo on my STi, subtle but nice deep tone!

Thank you for also keeping an eye out for us AWD crowd
Old 10-15-14, 11:15 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

I had literally contacted the manufacturers for this info.
Borla was asking about preferences earlier this year I believe on exhaust for protyping but nothing i know of lately.

As this is a import car, I prefer to use Japanese exhaust like Greddy, HKS or Tanabe.
Technically ARK is Korean brand but still closer to Japanese than Magnaflow or Borla.

The American made exhaust tends to lack the quality I have seen on import models.
Case in point - go compare locally made Agency Power exhaust to Greddy or Tanabe.
Same thing with Joe Z.

You can see how the welding spots are not as smooth and or how the mufflers don't look as consistent to me.
It just seems to me that the import parts match the car better in looks and fit in my opinion.

Not saying anything wrong with Joe Z or Borla but just very picky about the exhaust system.
I had 1st & 2nd gen IS and went with Greddy & HKS with no regrets.
Old 10-21-14, 11:37 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by tx_is300

The American made exhaust tends to lack the quality I have seen on import models.
Case in point - go compare locally made Agency Power exhaust to Greddy or Tanabe.

Same thing with Joe Z.

You can see how the welding spots are not as smooth and or how the mufflers don't look as consistent to me.
It just seems to me that the import parts match the car better in looks and fit in my opinion.

Not saying anything wrong with Joe Z or Borla but just very picky about the exhaust system.
I had 1st & 2nd gen IS and went with Greddy & HKS with no regrets.
Appreciate the honest feedback...

Keeping in mind our systems are all hand crafted and manufactured here in SoCal.
They come out & perform better than the OEM components...

Also, none of our systems are made overseas or welded via robotics..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...r-rwd-3is.html

There is a good amount of Full Exhaust videos out there.. The 250 sound verses 350 sound is just about the same..

Joe Z
Old 10-23-14, 09:26 AM
hades281
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, I have the magnaflow axle back on my car. I'm satisfied with the quality, but it's just a bit too loud for me between 2000-3000 RPM. If it was a little quieter, I wouldn't hear it on the highway around 80 MPH and I'd be 100% happy.

Problem is, I don't know what axle back - if any - will give me that. Perhaps Fujitsubo Legalis (said to be the quietest? Unconfirmed) but it is not available for the 2014s yet.
The following users liked this post:
IreneIS350 (01-02-17)

Quick Reply: 2014 IS Exhaust Options & Update