Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

I need some good advice on a power adder

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-03, 06:46 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need some good advice on a power adder

Alright fellows, it's time to do some serious mods to my girl. I would love to go the turbo route, but I don't think there's a shop around here capable of taking that project on. I'm seriously thinking about the S/C though. It's easier to install, and I can fine tune it at the dyno.

Here's my questions:

1. Where to shop for the best deal on a S/C kit?
2. Any SELOC member know a GOOD shop to interview about the project?
3. Any major drawbacks to using a S/C on a daily driver?
4. Do I have to change out the exhaust system to make this work, i.e. get really loud?
5. Does any member have a S/C already installed that can work with me 1 on 1 about some of my more technical questions?

I am a nitrous guy. I designed and installed a direct port setup in my other car. I'm not a newbie to the mod scene, nor a leech. You can ask around the maxima.org website and see that I'm one of the first to always volunteer to help members on installs. I studied nitrous inside and out before I started playing with it. I'm trying to do the same with the S/C, but I would like to do it quicker. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, just want whomever replies to know that I'm not posting to steal ideas or shortcut the process. I just want people who KNOW our specific car(s) and mods. I don't believe in any advertising or salesman until I try the stuff out. It's just that this is an expensive project, and more importantly going on my GS400.