Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone Running PPE Headers now

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-15, 05:07 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The added droning or sound is honestly the only thing stopping me from buying. I kinda regret my full catback sometimes because its so noisey cruising locally (othertimes i love it). It seems like it does add some noise but how is it a bearable amount? Right now my ark exhaust is pushing it as we speak. But i just might do it anyway because a catback is so noisey alrdy whats a little more.
Old 08-11-15, 08:22 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yes it is louder than the full cat back... but bearable in my opinion... I love what it sounds like under hard acceleration...
Old 08-12-15, 05:56 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mesh704
i did install my headers last night

my set up is :

1- PPE ceramic headers ( long )
2- invidia mid-pipe
3- Tom's axle back
4- AFE magnum force cold air intake

How do you feel about the headers now youve had em for a while?
Old 08-13-15, 03:50 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexis350
How do you feel about the headers now youve had em for a while?
love em so far !! you can feel the power immediately
Old 12-01-19, 01:06 AM
Jimi69
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesh704
i did install my headers last night

my set up is :

1- PPE ceramic headers ( long )
2- invidia mid-pipe
3- Tom's axle back
4- AFE magnum force cold air intake

I know this is a old topic but my setup for my 2016 Lexus IS350 F Sport rwd is
1. PPE headers no cats.
2. Apexi catback exhaust.
3. F Sport intake lid and Lexus oem air box with a extra front cut opening and a RR Racing carbon fiber intake tube with K&N filter.
4. RR Racing tune.
5. Apexi smart throttle controller.
6. Advan Gt Racing wheels.
Old 01-03-20, 06:25 AM
ISR16
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimi69
I know this is a old topic but my setup for my 2016 Lexus IS350 F Sport rwd is
1. PPE headers no cats.
2. Apexi catback exhaust.
3. F Sport intake lid and Lexus oem air box with a extra front cut opening and a RR Racing carbon fiber intake tube with K&N filter.
4. RR Racing tune.
5. Apexi smart throttle controller.
6. Advan Gt Racing wheels.
Did the RR Racing tune not help with the lag of the throttle response and thats why you got the apexi smart throttle controller?
Old 01-03-20, 09:41 AM
Jimi69
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISR16
Did the RR Racing tune not help with the lag of the throttle response and thats why you got the apexi smart throttle controller?
Yes it actually did improved the lag. But I already had the Apexi smart throttle response installed way before I got the tune. Now it's even more responsive with both the apexi and tune. Let's just say it put a smile on my face everytime I drive it. 😎
Old 01-04-20, 09:14 PM
Lexiztunes
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My setup is:
PPE long tube catless headers
Ark grip full exhaust
RR racing intake
RR racing tune
can't speak for install costs as I did all the work myself. There is a significant bump in power especially with all the supporting mods. There is drone and some rasp over 3000rpm. Also, Initially I had an O2 sensor issue but the tune cleared that up. No dyno for me to back up PPE's claims but it feels a lot quicker and I wouldnt be surprised it puts down the numbers they claim.

Last edited by Lexiztunes; 01-04-20 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-06-20, 04:39 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How long have you had the RR Racing tune? Any effect on gas mileage?
Old 01-07-20, 07:37 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 257 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexiztunes
My setup is:
Ark grip full exhaust
RR racing intake
RR racing tune
can't speak for install costs as I did all the work myself. There is a significant bump in power especially with all the supporting mods. There is drone and some rasp over 3000rpm. Also, Initially I had an O2 sensor issue but the tune cleared that up. No dyno for me to back up PPE's claims but it feels a lot quicker and I wouldnt be surprised it puts down the numbers they claim.
Is the drone present at cruising speed? How is that drone working for you? I know some people have different tolerances when it comes to drone. We pretty much have the same exact setup and the drone+vibration is slowly getting into my nerves.
Old 01-07-20, 10:52 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 808 Likes on 410 Posts

My setup is:
Ark grip full exhaust
RR racing intake
RR racing tune
Ditto this setup minus the RR Intake. I have the Takeda intake.
Old 01-11-20, 09:05 PM
Lexiztunes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NVMarkus
How long have you had the RR Racing tune? Any effect on gas mileage?
mileage has taken a slight hit but I did the tune after I installed all my mods. I think RR racing tailors it to your setup so the tune might be different? I just know they asked me what mods I had installed and sent me the corresponding tune.
Old 01-11-20, 09:14 PM
Lexiztunes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by s3v3n
Is the drone present at cruising speed? How is that drone working for you? I know some people have different tolerances when it comes to drone. We pretty much have the same exact setup and the drone+vibration is slowly getting into my nerves.
the drone is tolerable for me. You can have a normal conversation with someone without it getting annoying. Ark has the helmholtz chambers built in to their mufflers so it should be alot more tolerable than other exhaust systems. Helmholtz have helped my drone in the past aswell. My old G35 had the Motordyne art pipes installed and it made a big difference.
Old 01-12-20, 07:12 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 257 Likes on 201 Posts

the drone is tolerable for me. You can have a normal conversation with someone without it getting annoying. Ark has the helmholtz chambers built in to their mufflers so it should be alot more tolerable than other exhaust systems. Helmholtz have helped my drone in the past aswell. My old G35 had the Motordyne art pipes installed and it made a big difference.
Some mentioned that the helmholtz chambers that are installed are not in the right length or is short to eliminate the drone. But I do understand now that if I want a louder exhaust, there will be drone and there is no way to eliminate that. I opted to get the silencers from Ark and it is now tolerable, can play music and can talk in side the cabin. Vibrations in the cabin is also went down and it even revs angrier than before. I think there is more room to add another set of silencers but I don't want it to be too quiet either. If the wife complains since she wants to daily drive this car now, I may add more silencers.

Old 05-04-20, 10:12 AM
Jimi69
Driver School Candidate

mileage has taken a slight hit but I did the tune after I installed all my mods. I think RR racing tailors it to your setup so the tune might be different? I just know they asked me what mods I had installed and sent me the corresponding tune.
When I purchased my rr racing tune I don't believe or can't remember if they ask me about my setup. But Simon did mentioned that it was a self learning tune just like the Lexus ecu. So for those of you who purchase the tune for your Lexus IS350 with no mods installed on it just plain stock. Every time you decide to add one mod at a time. The rr racing tune will self learn to adjust to give your car the maximum performance out of that mod you installed. Simon mentioned there's no need to retune every time you add a new mod.
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (05-06-20)

Quick Reply: Anyone Running PPE Headers now