Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Got my RMM Supercharger installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-03, 06:23 PM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my RMM Supercharger installed

I got my car back yesterday from my local Lexus Dealer the following was installed:

RMM Supercharger and Intercooler-- RMM LSD, RMM Full Brembo Brakes--RMM Torque Converter, SSR GT3 wheels 19x10 and 19x8.5 with Pirelli P-Zero's.

I have to say that this car is a complete different machine now and I absolutely love it. I would like to say a special thanks to the following people:

1. All of fellow Club Lexus member for motivating me to do it.
2. Blair and Eric at Rod Millen Motorsports.
3. Matt at IRA Lexus Parts Department.
4. Dave Head Technician at IRA Lexus.
5. Mostly my wife for putting up with me through the whole process.

Here are some pics:

Supercharger Install

New 19" SSR GT3 wheels staggered setup:

Last edited by jcramair1; 03-22-03 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-22-03, 06:35 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice
Old 03-22-03, 07:12 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn, nothing like shooting your load all at once!!

How do you like the SC, is it worth the cash? I have been contimplating it for awhile now. Im still trying to figure out how you guys get these dealers to put the aftermarket stuff on your cars. My local dealer doesnt even want to hear the word aftermarket, punk dudes!!

As you can see, I have some issues with my local dealer!!

Last edited by ///MDex; 03-23-03 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-22-03, 07:19 PM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

TTurboPimp:

The Supercharger was worth it all the way. The power is incredible and the best part of it is, you can change pullies and add more boost. As far as my local Lexus dealer doing the work I have a great relationship with just about all of the management staff in the whole dealership. I have also spent over $150k on company vehicles for my employees and myself. So they pretty much work with me when I want something done.
Old 03-22-03, 07:28 PM
kdubb
Rookie

rwhp ?

cost ?
Old 03-22-03, 07:29 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats cool you have a relationship with the dealer like that. Like you said, I geuss if your spending that kind of cash, they gotta kiss your booty a little bit.

I love that Porsche by the way. How bout you get your wife to call mine and explain the addiction to her!!
Old 03-22-03, 07:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah, what's the rwhp and cost?

and now you need a kit and also lower the car more
Old 03-22-03, 07:38 PM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

I don't know exactly the RWHP yet? RMM states it should be somewhere around 349RWHP I will be gettign a DYNO done real soon. Also Romin if you have suggestions to get the car lower that would be great I already have all the L-Tuned stuff done to it.

As far as a kit goes I like a clean look.....I may do the TTE Lip and the L-tuned skirts...or possibly the full RMM Kit...don't know yet...thats next months project..
Old 03-22-03, 10:16 PM
klynchgs4
Driver

jcramair1 - congrats on the s/c - glad to hear a positive review of rmm's s/c. did you have any tranny work done? how does you tranny shift at wot (especially from 1st to 2nd). i had rmm's lsd on my gs and at wot the shifting was horrible between 1st and 2nd - my 0 to 60 times improved when i took their lsd out. i still have their t/c (which is actually precision industries t/c - same as srt and level 10 sells). i thought rmm recommended not using their lsd with their s/c??

i too have been kicking around the idea of picking up rmm's s/c, but after reading about another member's experience, i was put off. please post dyno and if you take it to a drag strip, post you time slip
Old 03-22-03, 10:44 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Lookin' good. Congrats on the new power!
Old 03-22-03, 11:32 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Congrats on the nice job! Enjoy the elegant combination of power and beauty.

-Anthony
Old 03-22-03, 11:54 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by klynchgs4
jcramair1 - congrats on the s/c - glad to hear a positive review of rmm's s/c. did you have any tranny work done? how does you tranny shift at wot (especially from 1st to 2nd). i had rmm's lsd on my gs and at wot the shifting was horrible between 1st and 2nd - my 0 to 60 times improved when i took their lsd out. i still have their t/c (which is actually precision industries t/c - same as srt and level 10 sells). i thought rmm recommended not using their lsd with their s/c??

i too have been kicking around the idea of picking up rmm's s/c, but after reading about another member's experience, i was put off. please post dyno and if you take it to a drag strip, post you time slip
If I recall correctly, FI cars should use the TRD LSD, not the RMM LSD. That's what I have read on this site and have been told by Mo at SRT, and is one of the reasons I have the TRD LSD. Just saving $$$$ for FI.

Jcramair- Enjoy the ride, looks sweet. My one critique would be to lower the car more, if possible. Regardless, enjoy and avoid the cops, esp. the ones with radar/laser.
Old 03-23-03, 12:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by jcramair1
I don't know exactly the RWHP yet? RMM states it should be somewhere around 349RWHP I will be gettign a DYNO done real soon. Also Romin if you have suggestions to get the car lower that would be great I already have all the L-Tuned stuff done to it.

As far as a kit goes I like a clean look.....I may do the TTE Lip and the L-tuned skirts...or possibly the full RMM Kit...don't know yet...thats next months project..
well if you wanna go lower, get coilover. it's actually only a bit more expensive than changing the shocks and springs (about 1k), but you get height AND stiffness adjustable. if you want some very comfortable ride, get the tein CS or flex, both very good and still very soft sytem. they handle a lot better than the l-tuned
Old 03-23-03, 05:16 AM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rominl
well if you wanna go lower, get coilover. it's actually only a bit more expensive than changing the shocks and springs (about 1k), but you get height AND stiffness adjustable. if you want some very comfortable ride, get the tein CS or flex, both very good and still very soft sytem. they handle a lot better than the l-tuned
Thanks Romin. I will look into the Tein coilover setup. Also I am debating on the TTE lip and Ltuned skirts or possibly the whole RMM body kit. Once again thanks for the compliments guys.
Old 03-23-03, 05:32 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

WOW!!! Simply amazing! I wish I had that kind of cash to put in a RMM S/C in my 99 GS400!!

CONGRATULATIONS MAN!

I would love to hear updates on this thread once you have got the car dynoed.

I noticed that you have a preference for the SSR GT3 wheels (you also have them on the Porsche on your website). How are these wheels? Are they very strong? Have you had any bend/damage incidents with them?

I am contemplating buying the exact same set of wheels for my 99 GS400 but someone mentioned that the spokes are pretty thin for a heavy car like the GS and now I have second thoughts about purchasing them. Please let me know what you think of them (considering that you could have bought any other more expensive wheel, you must have had a good reason for buying these).

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Got my RMM Supercharger installed