Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

intake and exaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-03, 12:30 PM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake and exaust

What is the best intake and exaust fot a '03 IS 3. Also how about cold air intake? I just got her about three weeks ago and am starting to mod her out.......HELP!!!!! I'm in Colorado if that makes a difference
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails intake and exaust-insert.gif  
Old 03-30-03, 06:26 PM
IS300_Chic
Driver

i dont know what the best intake would be, but i am planning on getting the injen intake. The SRT is also a good intake, but i dont know where they could be found or anything. i'm not too big with exhausts so i dont know which is the best one. Let me know which one you get...
Old 03-31-03, 10:48 AM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

You can get it off their website. Just look up SRT on a search page like google or something...I think it's
www.swiftracing.com check it out they have tons of mods.......But there a little price-ie!!!!

No exaust info huh, well thanks anyway and keep 'em fast.
Old 03-31-03, 10:49 AM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

how much is the injen intake running for a 03 IS 3???
Old 03-31-03, 02:22 PM
IS300_Chic
Driver

i have been looking all over online for prices for injen intake...the cheapest i found is $249. i dont know if you can buy it straight from the www.injen.com i dont know if they sell it to individuls or just businesses. Just search around and find the best price, but remember shipping is involved....i also dont know what is a good place online and what is not a good place online to buy stuff, oh well..
Old 03-31-03, 03:03 PM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

Cool, thanks for the heads up!!!!!

What have you done to your car, mods? I noticed that it was a 02 so you have a full year to add to it. Red don't you worry about cars that color and police? It's true you know, about red seeming to look faster.....
Old 03-31-03, 03:08 PM
IS300_Chic
Driver

Originally posted by uneek
Cool, thanks for the heads up!!!!!

What have you done to your car, mods? I noticed that it was a 02 so you have a full year to add to it. Red don't you worry about cars that color and police? It's true you know, about red seeming to look faster.....
Hey,
i really dont have any mods, i got RMM front lip, 35%tint, clear side markers, and soon hopefully either SRT intake or injen intake and saving up for toyomoto header (wow i need a lot of money). i really didnt know about that whole cop thing until someone told me after i bought the car. It doesnt bother me or worry me becuase there are sooo many red cars out here it doesnt cross my mind. i dont know why i mean it's a color and it makes you look faster, thats werid..oh well...do you got anything done to your car? or what you want done?
Old 03-31-03, 03:42 PM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

I'm at you exact spot. I just got it about three weeks ago and have only just begun to work. I have a Black on Black, so naturally I wanted to go with some tints....I decided 15% would be enough to see. So after that I changed my side markers. Now I'm looking to get intake and exaust but don't really know which direction I want to??? Also I'm looking for a chrome grill, you wouldn't know of a place would you? Anyway, here is a pic, to help with the visual........
Attached Thumbnails intake and exaust-number2.jpg  
Old 03-31-03, 05:56 PM
IS300_Chic
Driver

wow that tint in your car looks dark, but your car looks good so far. I'm sorry i dont know about anything with the grilles but i do knnow the lower grille is connected to the bumper so you would have to replace the bumper or just cut it out. let me know what you end up doing next to your car!
Old 04-01-03, 10:37 AM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

Default cars and such

YUP. Theres about 300 plus days of SUN here in Colorado so you want to have tints on your car or it will get way to friggin hot. I have already removed the main grill and it is really easy to take off. Just one screw, two pressure clips and then three plastic snaps. Really simple. I was kind of shocked. A lot of things are fairly easy to do. The side markers only too me about 20 min. and I was drinking a beer and talking on the phone during the whole process. You haven't gotten into rims yet have you? I was looking at the L-sportline rims model IV or the motegi 2191, 2193, 2197. I found a place that can get them wholesale so Imight go with the motegi. Check out there site and let me know what you think.

http://www.lsportline.com/catalogis_model4.asp

http://www.motegiracing.com/applicat...LEXUS&car=1132

Holla back ,oooh oohh.
Old 04-01-03, 02:39 PM
IS300_Chic
Driver

Yo,
i like the 2193 model more then the other ones. Thats only my opinion though. the rims i want, but probably wont be getting are the muse rims.
here is the link
http://www.axiswheels.com/muse.html
they are awesome looking and look like the stock ones which i like, but they are 19s, thats a little nutz, oh well. Yeah the clear corners only took about 20 minutes to install, so that was awesome. you figure out what you are doing about the intake situation? keep me updated!!!
Old 04-01-03, 08:18 PM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

Thems are expensive!!!!!! 4somthing a rim, wheeww....The only reason I'm even looking into rims is cuz I can get some kinds at wholesale.......But I see what you saying about them being like te stock rims.....

I'm looking at injen, AEM, K&N and SRT....But I still haven't narrowed it doen yet.

hey where you at? Location wise?
Old 04-02-03, 02:29 PM
IS300_Chic
Driver

Hello again,
i am located in pennsylvania like outside of philadelphia. the weather just started getting nice (finally) so i can put my RMM front lip on. i have been waiting for like 2 months to put that thing on. if i were you i would go for the SRT or injen intake. SRT if you got the money, but injen is still good but not as expenisve as the SRT. Well i noticed you are from colorado?how is the weather there and everything? do you see a lot of IS's driving aorund there?
Old 04-03-03, 11:01 AM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

Default aaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Colorado now for school but I'll be done in May. I grew up outside of Chicago, though. So I'm kind of all over the place. I've only seen two other IS's in town. One in a parking lot and the other some girl was driving. Her's was kind of silver-ish. Nothing to exciting on it though, she still had the dealer license plate holder on it so I'm guessing it was kind of new. What pissed my off was that she didn't even give me a smile or anything when I pulled up next to her!!! WHATEVER!! Not very respectible.

Anyway, I was really thinking about get intake done this next week but I got pulled over on April fools day and got a whole bunch of tickets, so most of my money will have to go to court costs and a lawyer. Man I hate the Police....
Old 04-03-03, 02:11 PM
IS300_Chic
Driver

Wow that stinks getting tickets escpecially if you are saving up for stuff for your car and now all your money goes towards paying for the ticket. sorry to hear about that. How old are you by the way? i not many IS300s here but the ones i do see are like old men and whatnot ocassionally there are like a kid or two i see crusing around. thats why i love this car becuase nobdoy else really has it. sorry to hear about the girl not smilin or anything at you..hehe...

Quick Reply: intake and exaust