Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tanabe / Tsudo Exhaust Combo

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-15, 11:02 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tanabe / Tsudo Exhaust Combo

Tanabe axle back with Tsudo mid pipe. This one has no VDO as was taken in the dark but you get the idea. This is on IS 350.
Attached Files
Old 10-11-15, 11:06 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

Here is another during day on a cold start up. Well not really cold as temp is about 80 so the engine is not idling as high as it would be if temps were colder .
Attached Files
Old 10-11-15, 11:11 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

In this VDO, I tired to capture sound from inside which is muted due to closed Windows. So not as noticeable from outside. Some of you may hear some rattling noise in earlier external VDO, That is due to fit issue with the rear section that I will remedy by adding rubber coupler to keep pipe from hitting rear axle frame. I also have slight exhaust leak prob from poor install and will need to reinstall this as well tighten up bolts around gasket.
Attached Files
Old 10-11-15, 06:07 PM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good. How happy are you with the sound?
Old 10-12-15, 12:24 PM
tx_is300
Pole Position

I am happy with it considering the cost. It's not obnoxiously loud but enough to know its not stock. There might be slight boost in power but from other posts a mid pipe maybe adds 10+ hp? Anyway, I did this more for sound and power is just added bonus.

If I had to do over again, I prob would select another axle back other than Tanabe. It is too much stock looking and without a mid pipe it is barley different in sound over stock.

I really wanted a Greddy or HKS but they don't have anything and I got tired of waiting. Sound on HKS would be more noticeable as I had this on my 2IS. Look wise it was more sporty too.

But I do like this better than Joe Z and Invidia or Magnaflow. Ark is nice but bit pricey just like F Sport exhaust.

Actually I would have prob gotten full Tsudo exhaust as that sounds good based on sound clips. The quality of Tsudo seems on par for the money but not as good as Japanese parts.
Old 10-12-15, 12:40 PM
ddvette9
Pole Position

I have tanabe right now as well. Really wanting midpipe because just tanabe is pretty quiet. It has a nice deep sound at low rpm inside car but from outside it sounds kinda stock. I'm happy with tanabe it looks good and is good quality and sounds deep and sexy at low rpm. Just thinking about midpipe to really make it sound great. Scared to pull the trigger in case adding mid pipe will make my exhaust too loud......
Old 10-13-15, 05:04 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

Short answer is any mid pipe will be louder. That is the more restrictive piece compares to rear section.
Old 10-18-15, 10:23 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

I am posting new VDO as I had fixed the exhaust leak and it sounds better now but not sure you can tell from the clip. The driver side pipe was a little off center so there was a gap allowing leak. The guys that did it were in a rush and did not check for leak afterwards like they should have.

I also remedied the slight rattle I was getting but not sure this will be a perm fix.
Also had to reflash my ecu via VR Tuned chip due to difference in back pressure from leak.

It sounds much better now and has more rumble as more of the sound is passing thru the muffler. Has aggressive growl but not as raspy as some other mid pipe axle back combos posted.

This first VDO is on a cold start about 70 degrees. If would be louder if cooler like 50 degrees.

For the price and performance you get, I would still recommend this combo over the others avail on the market. The quality and looks are great!

What you guys think?
Attached Files
Old 10-18-15, 10:26 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

This is VDO after slightly warmed up before revving at diff rpm ranges including up to redline. I also have an intake.
Attached Files
Old 10-26-15, 11:36 AM
ddvette9
Pole Position

I would love to hear some videos driving. Maybe set your camera up and do a few drive by revs. Sound is always different when revving and actually driving by.

How loud is the sound to other people outside the car when driving around? Does it get a lot of attention?
Old 10-26-15, 01:48 PM
tx_is300
Pole Position

Will try VDO later on as no one to help me film this. The sound is not obnoxious to where people stare. It's a nice sound more mellow. You can hear rumble while driving highway speeds but it's not raspy like Ark.
Old 10-29-15, 01:42 PM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Any updates on videos or sound clips or driving by or accelerating from dead stop?
Old 02-03-16, 06:07 AM
FSport81
Driver School Candidate

How is the drone on the Tanabe axle back exhaust?
Old 02-03-16, 07:07 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

Slight drone but tolerable. I no longer have the car anymore, I traded up for new RC F. Got new exhaust for that also and that is much more noticeable than the IS350. If you looking for more performance, I would suggest a chip over the exhaust. I had both and chip is more bang for the buck.
Old 12-15-16, 05:58 PM
beezmarkee
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Tanabe sounds not good as Invidia or others axle back.

Quick Reply: Tanabe / Tsudo Exhaust Combo