Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Muffler Delete?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 04:52 AM
DanielA
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Muffler Delete?

What's going on Club Lexus members!
Quick question I've been looking at YouTube videos of Lexus IS250 with a "Muffler Delete" it sounds really nice. Has anyone done this to their car? Was it a good idea? Also will this void my warranty if I delete my muffler?
Old 12-03-15, 05:13 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Please don't. It's illegal in most states to disable your muffler. And the increase noise annoys your neighbor.
Old 12-03-15, 06:13 PM
DanielA
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by tradosauru
Please don't. It's illegal in most states to disable your muffler. And the increase noise annoys your neighbor.
You're right I'm not trying to get my car KEY'ed for being too loud in the morning. Thanks for your reply
Old 12-04-15, 11:59 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeaaaaah. ... dont delete your muffler.

I know its tempting to have a louder exhaust for the low price of a muffler delete (I contemplated this as well) but just hold on till you have enough money for a proper exhaust setup. If you dont wanna spend the $550-1000 on a brand name setup you can always do what I did and get an Ebay exhaust. Same sound for less money. And if you dont have that kind of money right now then just delete yoyr resonator. Should be about $40 to do and takes like 20 minutes

Piece of advice though... it may sound like there is zero difference made at first but it becomes more apparent with time.

And dont let anybody fool you with that "oh it less quality though" Not true. Maybe an M2 exhaust has less quality than a Tanabe but my Tsudo version 2 has held up great since i bought it 4-5 months ago. And it gives it the perfect deep sound at low revs without being ridiculous loud and ricer at higer revs. It was exactly what i was looking for. Anyway , good luck OP
Old 12-05-15, 02:28 PM
DanielA
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tro209
Yeaaaaah. ... dont delete your muffler.

I know its tempting to have a louder exhaust for the low price of a muffler delete (I contemplated this as well) but just hold on till you have enough money for a proper exhaust setup. If you dont wanna spend the $550-1000 on a brand name setup you can always do what I did and get an Ebay exhaust. Same sound for less money. And if you dont have that kind of money right now then just delete yoyr resonator. Should be about $40 to do and takes like 20 minutes

Piece of advice though... it may sound like there is zero difference made at first but it becomes more apparent with time.

And dont let anybody fool you with that "oh it less quality though" Not true. Maybe an M2 exhaust has less quality than a Tanabe but my Tsudo version 2 has held up great since i bought it 4-5 months ago. And it gives it the perfect deep sound at low revs without being ridiculous loud and ricer at higer revs. It was exactly what i was looking for. Anyway , good luck OP
Thanks for your response! That's what I'm probably going to do just wait, put wheels then worry about exhaust I really like how the HKS high power (I think it's called) looks, I low rev most of the time since the speed limit on base is usually 25-35.
Old 12-06-15, 12:09 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielA
Thanks for your response! That's what I'm probably going to do just wait, put wheels then worry about exhaust I really like how the HKS high power (I think it's called) looks, I low rev most of the time since the speed limit on base is usually 25-35.
Yeah dont mention it

As for the HKS , since you like the look of it have you checked out the Tsudo? Its what i have and if your a fan of big tips like the HKS the Tsudo has the same size (4.5in) Definitely has a nice deeper lower tone to it now compared to stock and with the resonator deleted and f sport airbox I love mine It really is a great looking exhaust and people compliment it a lot of the time. Oh and its like half the price of a "name" brand lol. Good luck, and post whatever set up you eventually decide to go for