Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-17, 10:14 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TTITony
Our team make ECU settings based not only for output, so engine temperature management is our team's first task, 8ARFTS Intercooler cooling efficiency optimization will be a challenge.
understood please keep moving forward tony oh ya tony why dont u unlock the rev to 7000 rpm too? Really hope soon your team cam make a big jump on the 8ar engine expect 370 whp!! Ofcoz i mean with yiur turbo upgrade project we will be able to reach that haha
if come back to stock turbo i really wishing to have 270whp at least

Last edited by Zahabriel; 09-08-17 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-08-17, 12:44 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Zahabriel,You got a lot of big plans man! The tuning of these motors are still fairly new. It's awesome that companies like TTI and OV are putting in the time and effort to give customers that much needed power. I am anxiously waiting to see the results of these different tunes. My initial goal was around 260WHP 300WTQ. I am not far from it right now, but I believe that it can be done, so let's see which tuner gets the job done.
The following users liked this post:
Zahabriel (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 02:52 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Zahabriel,You got a lot of big plans man! The tuning of these motors are still fairly new. It's awesome that companies like TTI and OV are putting in the time and effort to give customers that much needed power. I am anxiously waiting to see the results of these different tunes. My initial goal was around 260WHP 300WTQ. I am not far from it right now, but I believe that it can be done, so let's see which tuner gets the job done.
yes its a mega project with the tti turbo upgrade 370whp is my wish not sure about the rest of internal parts like pistons and cranks can handle the extra power and as the tony said cooling system is a chellange yes i totally agree with him i dont want to see my crankshaft get melting so cooling upgarde system is the solution right ? Upgrading the radiator could be one of the solution as well but instill couldnt find any the closet incoulsmreally found is the Koyo radiator but thats for nx200t therfore in my upgrade project i will out the F engine oil cooler and transmisson oil cooler and hopefully those two will more or less help to hold the total temperature when u keep in high rev and high speed not sure if the coolinng sysytem is tunable as well ?
Old 09-08-17, 03:01 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
To IS200TFOWL : did your purchase the OV tuning packaging +transmission tuning ? And whats the tuning stage u will go for 1 or 2 ? I will be highly appreciated if you can show us stage 2 result on dyno
yeah, i've got the required bolt on's for stage two. looks like ill get the cables and software on Saturday and hopefully a dyno by Monday. stage two might take a day or two depending on datalogging
Old 09-08-17, 03:17 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
yeah, i've got the required bolt on's for stage two. looks like ill get the cables and software on Saturday and hopefully a dyno by Monday. stage two might take a day or two depending on datalogging
looking forward fo see the dyno result hahaha how is OV tuner will beat 325 wtq at wheels and no issue about the temp i also would like to see how smooth the power deliver from the graph as well it would be appreciated if you will post it for us and curious to hear the sound of 7000 rev !!!
Old 09-08-17, 03:20 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Some tuners here will show whats the 8ar really made of XD
Old 09-08-17, 04:37 PM
john55657
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is exciting! I have mine on it's way!!

I will be tuning for 94 octane fuel, stock exhaust for now and bms intake. Matt gave me the possibility to retune when I have the bolt ons ready(prob will charge a little bit but I dont know yet) . So really happy so far, and it's cool you dont have to pay a whole lot to upgrade the tune!!
Zahabriel (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 10:11 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
OV tuning is the most interesting for the moment have anyone tried thier stage 2 yet or going to ? Pls keep us post on the OV tuning result the peak boost is just awsome but need to eye on the engine durabilty as well need some VDO just like TTi keep posting.

In my opinion

TTi tuning style is more conservative and pay more attention to the engine durability and how the power deliver.

OV tunung style is just extreme straight to the peak performance of the engine(8ar-fts) and OV is also offer you the Transmission tuning and unlock the rev limit in thier package as well....

Well..I'm not going to judge which tuner is better but to me engine the durability is important now we are still currently studying whats the real maximum power that the 8ar-fts can go but i truely believe that Lexus and toyota have a good name for the engine durability as I've heard that thier spent 9 years to develop this engine and rolled out this engine pretty late comparing to thier rivals because of thier over test!! Lets get back to the point now OV tuner is a new challenger for TTi
and i believe that one of these tuners will be able to unleash the maximum power of the 8ar-fts and yes keep in mind about the durability and tuning finess they are quite important.

waiting to see OV tuning result on dyno keep us posted thx.
Ummm I'm dreaming about TTi and OV empowered to each other or together to get the best tuning method unleashing the true maximum power of the 9 years developed lexus engine.( the best tuning mixture)

Sounds like captain American team VS Iron Man team (both teams are hero) haha .... i much prefer them to empowered"Together is stronger" make it 60mph within 5.5 secs or less without blow up the engine hahaha.

ummm sorry for my poor english as im not a native speaker hahaha

Hello Zahabriel. all of the stuff you are going to do to your car sounds amazing to many of us that would be a dream build i'm looking forward to see the process and i know everyone here does too.

In regards to the OV stage 2. Just like you said they are more focused on getting the full potential of the engine but i think they have to prove it first. Definitely the 8arfts has lots of potential and yes this engine has been tested for durability and we all know that at the end of the day whatever toyota/lexus makes would be reliable and durable for sure.

On the other hand I'm really looking forward to test what this new tune at 21psi that Tony its talking about.
I can say for sure that so far the stage 2 in my car its been great realiable and the customer support that Tony gives its 100%. So yes TTI has proven itself as a reliable and customer oriented company.

The only thing left for me its wait on the outcome of Irma to see where i'm headed.

I;m really happy to see how educative and informative this tread has become!
Zahabriel (09-09-17)
Old 09-08-17, 11:35 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

stock 2011 s4 3.0t (supercharged) vs is200t tti stage two

stock the 11' s4 does about 290whp and 280 wtq 91 oct, as you can see initially our torque keeps up however when that s4 hits higher rpm the hp comes alive
All racing done in mexico

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 09-09-17 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-09-17, 07:10 PM
john55657
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If I might add my reasoning here.. I have a 800+hp supra, I have driven it reliably, without much problems (after all was said and done lol)

Here it is

I run 11's with 3 L. Of course the intake temps will take a beating, but being conservative on the timing should help it not to misfire. I push 30+ PSI, on 94 octane (Petro Canada here in Canada) and no problems whatsoever. (so far knock on wood LOL)

I guess what I am trying to say, if you want to track the car, beat on it non-stop for 5-10 minutes, then yeah, the intake temps will matter and you might opt for TTI's more conservative tune.

But in my case, doing a 0-100 and then letting off for awhile to let things cool down should keep things reliable. It really comes down to HOW you use the power. I got 40000KM left for the warranty anyways :P

Anyways, have fun and I will try to post some numbers as I go!
Old 09-11-17, 10:31 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,654 Posts

stock 2011 s4 3.0t (supercharged) vs is200t tti stage two

stock the 11' s4 does about 290whp and 280 wtq 91 oct, as you can see initially our torque keeps up however when that s4 hits higher rpm the hp comes alive
All racing done in mexico

damn i was hoping for the stage 2 tti to be a bit quicker. that s4 pulls hard. and its known in euro circles to be an absolute dog in this kind of highway roll race. hopefully Tony TTI can get that modded turbo up and running. though i have a feeling the cylinder head will be a bottle neck here w/ its integrated manifold path to turbo.
Old 09-11-17, 10:36 AM
Pacific13
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I went to my tuner today (near Cannes) and make dyno on the stock car. The results are not so bad (outside temp 25°C, RON98). The deal was to compare before and after Stage 1 on my RC200T. Unfortunately it was impossible to load the modified file from Tony. Something appears wrong and the software refuse to write with an error massage. Luckely nothing wrong was done on the ECU and the car is always running normally.
I'm in touch with Tony to understand what appends as I already encountered problem in reading TCM file. Impossible to save same and thus to modify. Tony confirmed that it was not a problem as the gear optimization and shift timing could be included in the ECU. It appears that the problem. Shall keep you informed.
For the time being some photo on the Dyno and other cars tuned by my tuner...

The following 4 users liked this post by Pacific13:
Eclisse1 (09-11-17), IS200TFOWL (09-11-17), Sheddy (09-11-17), TTITony (09-12-17)
Old 09-11-17, 11:21 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by E46CT
damn i was hoping for the stage 2 tti to be a bit quicker. that s4 pulls hard. and its known in euro circles to be an absolute dog in this kind of highway roll race. hopefully Tony TTI can get that modded turbo up and running. though i have a feeling the cylinder head will be a bottle neck here w/ its integrated manifold path to turbo.
well like you said in the past, wait sorry I forgot, can you list all of the problems with our platform again?

On another note I've been told in person TTI might hit near 400whp so hopefully all those problems you mention won't hinder us much.
Old 09-11-17, 11:28 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,654 Posts

well like you said in the past, wait sorry I forgot, can you list all of the problems with our platform again?

On another note I've been told in person TTI might hit near 400whp so hopefully all those problems you mention won't hinder us much.
i don't understand the question. Like you mean problems with making the car faster? probably the throttle limitation (if not tuned out), the manifold, and the turbo itself. And this is assuming the engine is strong and can support all the power. we won't know yet if it's as strong as the 2.0L Turbo in the Chevy Cobalt. That thing is built like a fortress and can push 500 wheel! Same for the Hyundai 2L turbo. Extremely stout! We'll need a long-term guinea pig. (1-3 years)
Old 09-11-17, 11:35 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by E46CT
i don't understand the question. Like you mean problems with making the car faster? probably the throttle limitation (if not tuned out), the manifold, and the turbo itself. And this is assuming the engine is strong and can support all the power. we won't know yet if it's as strong as the 2.0L Turbo in the Chevy Cobalt. That thing is built like a fortress and can push 500 wheel! We'll need a long-term guinea pig. (1-3 years)

I just feel like you have nothing but a negative spin even if it's in good heart. Just stop being annoying okay, you're not going to predict the apocalypse

Quick Reply: IS200t tune