Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-17, 04:47 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy

Interesting, guess ill have to contact them again to verify.
I think thats the same as VR tuning box. i would not buy that one we already know the benefits of the reflash and that it can be reverted back to stock anytime. people that sell that one don't even know what they are selling.
But for the price and if you are only gonna do like an intake and an axleback it might be worth it.
Old 10-20-17, 01:22 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Done. I got Tyler in trouble lol
Old 10-20-17, 02:10 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
I think thats the same as VR tuning box. i would not buy that one we already know the benefits of the reflash and that it can be reverted back to stock anytime. people that sell that one don't even know what they are selling.
But for the price and if you are only gonna do like an intake and an axleback it might be worth it.
well I would personally look at these piggyback "tunes" as fancy boost controllers. Bms, afe, toms they only connect to manifold and boost pressure. I've stacked the vrtune ontop of the OV reflash and haven't had any issues also I'm consistently boosting high. I'm looking forward the bms tune because it sounds like you can request any boost like 6+ Psi for instance
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (10-21-17)
Old 10-21-17, 07:19 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

how is the OV tune? has anyone posted dyno results of their flash? the website says its changes boost from 15 to 24psi. Thats a huge increase and then to add another 4psi on top of that has to be the furthest anyone has pushed the stock turbo so far. you have to be making good power at those levels. If it is sustainable hopefully we can get a full ecu tune that can change all the parameters to support higher boost levels. I picked up 15whp on a mustang dyno, went from 191whp to 206whp and I think the tq was 211wtq, with just a downpipe and no tune and the car feels great, I am just waiting to hear back from ov what the boost levels their tune does or the TTI stage 2+. Thinking about maybe picking up the AFE piggyback and running the extra boost untill one of the shops puts out a high boost tune.

Last edited by zcon; 10-21-17 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-21-17, 08:44 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zcon
how is the OV tune? has anyone posted dyno results of their flash? the website says its changes boost from 15 to 24psi. Thats a huge increase and then to add another 4psi on top of that has to be the furthest anyone has pushed the stock turbo so far. you have to be making good power at those levels. If it is sustainable hopefully we can get a full ecu tune that can change all the parameters to support higher boost levels. I picked up 15whp on a mustang dyno with just a downpipe and no tune and the car feels great, I am just waiting to hear back from ov what the boost levels their tune does or the TTI stage 2+. Thinking about maybe picking up the AFE piggyback and running the extra boost untill one of the shops puts out a high boost tune.
TTI re-flash is an ECU tune that adjusts parameters to compensate for the added boost levels. The Stage 2+ would see some really good gains since it’s peaking boost at 21PSI (stock 17PSI, Stage 2 19PSI) .I’ll have my car strapped to the dyno and I’ll post results once it’s done.

I would love to see how the piggyback system performs with the addition of a down-pipe. It makes a lot of torque with the stock down-pipe already, so now with an upgraded one should be great!

Last edited by Sheddy; 10-21-17 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-21-17, 09:01 AM
zcon
Driver

TTI re-flash is an ECU tune that adjusts parameters to compensate for the added boost levels. T
Yeah, I am waiting for a high boost tune from them or OV. The current TTI tunes are very conservative if OV is adding 9psi.
Old 10-21-17, 09:13 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I am waiting for a high boost tune from them or OV. The current TTI tunes are very conservative if OV is adding 9psi.
I haven’t seen much feedback from OV users, so my guess is that it is still being worked on or their tune does not live up to the expectation. I have been in contact with Tony throughout the testing phase of the Stage 2 + and it looks to be very promising, plus the customer support from TTI is exceptional.
daniellina (10-23-17)
Old 10-21-17, 03:49 PM
zcon
Driver

you are saying stock is 17 psi, can anyone confirm what stock boost pressure is? The OV site states 15 psi.
Old 10-21-17, 03:56 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

you are saying stock is 17 psi, can anyone confirm what stock boost pressure is? The OV site states 15 psi.
http://www.natef.org/NATEF/media/NAT...exus-Turbo.pdf

According to this link it is listed as 17.4 PSI.
Wams200T (10-22-17)
Old 10-22-17, 12:25 PM
Wams200T
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.natef.org/NATEF/media/NAT...exus-Turbo.pdf

According to this link it is listed as 17.4 PSI.
That little PDF was very helpful in understanding our 200t turbo system
Old 10-22-17, 05:18 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Wams200T
That little PDF was very helpful in understanding our 200t turbo system
Yup! There’s a lot of good information on there.
Old 10-23-17, 07:58 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I haven’t seen much feedback from OV users, so my guess is that it is still being worked on or their tune does not live up to the expectation. I have been in contact with Tony throughout the testing phase of the Stage 2 + and it looks to be very promising, plus the customer support from TTI is exceptional.
I really wanna see dyno and feedback with some kind of video or data from the OV reflash because what they had showed you it was very appealing but so far the only one that had the OV tune hasn't done anything no dyno no graph or data correct me if i'm wrong. I'm still waiting for TTI to come out with the stage 2 plus i will post dyno and 0-60 times. hopefully someone with the OV tune can do that as well so we can see the differences in between both. Turbo weather coming soon to Miami so i'm exited about it LOL
Old 10-23-17, 08:48 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by daniellina
I really wanna see dyno and feedback with some kind of video or data from the OV reflash because what they had showed you it was very appealing but so far the only one that had the OV tune hasn't done anything no dyno no graph or data correct me if i'm wrong. I'm still waiting for TTI to come out with the stage 2 plus i will post dyno and 0-60 times. hopefully someone with the OV tune can do that as well so we can see the differences in between both. Turbo weather coming soon to Miami so i'm exited about it LOL
Supposedly a dyno was done with the Stage 0 OV tune, just waiting for the user to share with us. We will be getting some cooler weather this week in FL
Old 10-23-17, 09:20 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Hello everyone,
I will be in the Los Angeles California area at the end of the month and I will be offering a special promotion on Stage 1 tunes. I would like to get a list of those who would be interested please.
The following 2 users liked this post by TTITony:
IS200TFOWL (10-23-17), Sheddy (10-23-17)
Old 10-23-17, 06:44 PM
zcon
Driver

Ov replied to me about their tune and boost pressure

"
Note, as I think a few people have been getting confused on our advertised boost. We see a PEAK psi of 24psi under ideal conditions. This does not mean the car will always run 24psi and to rev limit, the turbo is simply quite small for this. We see this peak psi in the lower rpm."

So that initial surge in boost in the low RPM must be what gets them the Big TQ numbers sheddy showed us. The OV tune plus the piggyback must be interesting like is200Tfowl is doing. Would probably need modifications to the turbo charger size or the waste gates that regulate the pressure to hold higher boost till redline.

Any updates on the Stage 2+ tune or the turbo modification tony? I am ready to buy!!

Last edited by zcon; 10-23-17 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune