Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-17, 08:01 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

A stock IS350 makes around 260WHP 240WTQ. The Stage 2+ should hopefully put us around that WHP range, but i know for sure the WTQ is a lot more.
Old 12-04-17, 08:16 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
A stock IS350 makes around 260WHP 240WTQ. The Stage 2+ should hopefully put us around that WHP range, but i know for sure the WTQ is a lot more.
We have someone with 246whp and 286wtq
Old 12-04-17, 08:18 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
being an X 350 driver with stage two car is already having same power feel, and honestly turbo spool is much more fun and thrilling than NA any time any day

stage 2+ will set things much more clear in terms of the future of how the 8rs are going to preform, because TTi has made an abundant amount of changes to the tune to enhance it and make more safe power out of it....lets wait and see boys
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (12-04-17)
Old 12-04-17, 09:34 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
being an X 350 driver with stage two car is already having same power feel, and honestly turbo spool is much more fun and thrilling than NA any time any day

stage 2+ will set things much more clear in terms of the future of how the 8rs are going to preform, because TTi has made an abundant amount of changes to the tune to enhance it and make more safe power out of it....lets wait and see boys
Ill agree however with our full bolt on setup I think a realistic stage two+ would be near 300 whp 350 wtq, Our compression ratio is 10.1 which means we already have a really, really aggressive engine. It sucks because it just seems like someone set the bar way to low. On a better note it sounds like there's a lot of room on the table for the modified stock turbo, tony told me in SD that 400hp was the goal tony says we will need to buy a second oem turbo to modify, that is if you don't want it to be permanent
Old 12-04-17, 09:48 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by daniellina
We have someone with 246whp and 286wtq
The car sounds badass on that dyno run too lf stage two does 246whp then I'm eager to see stage two +. I might need to consider switching back to TTI... lol
Old 12-04-17, 01:28 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Ill agree however with our full bolt on setup I think a realistic stage two+ would be near 300 whp 350 wtq, Our compression ratio is 10.1 which means we already have a really, really aggressive engine. It sucks because it just seems like someone set the bar way to low. On a better note it sounds like there's a lot of room on the table for the modified stock turbo, tony told me in SD that 400hp was the goal tony says we will need to buy a second oem turbo to modify, that is if you don't want it to be permanent
We cannot set a "Realistic" goal of 300whp and 350 wtq with the stock turbo because right now we can clearly see how psi drops after 4.5k rpm more or less. if our turbo is similar to the t25 that means that we might be able to up the psi to 25 psi maybe and i dont even think we are going to get 300whp out of that because the size of the turbo has great influence 5psi in a 80mm turbo is not the same that in a 48mm turbo.
another big thing is the intake temps i've been keeping track of them with a real time OBD transmitter and after a little while they go up and the turbo wont spool all the way.
So a real goal should be with stage 2+ i would say 260-275 whp and hopefully 300-320wtq at the most. lets see what happens as soon as i get the tune i will go dyno the car.
Old 12-04-17, 02:00 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

We cannot set a "Realistic" goal of 300whp and 350 wtq with the stock turbo because right now we can clearly see how psi drops after 4.5k rpm more or less. if our turbo is similar to the t25 that means that we might be able to up the psi to 25 psi maybe and i dont even think we are going to get 300whp out of that because the size of the turbo has great influence 5psi in a 80mm turbo is not the same that in a 48mm turbo.
another big thing is the intake temps i've been keeping track of them with a real time OBD transmitter and after a little while they go up and the turbo wont spool all the way.
So a real goal should be with stage 2+ i would say 260-275 whp and hopefully 300-320wtq at the most. lets see what happens as soon as i get the tune i will go dyno the car.
Nah I’d hope for 300whp 350wtq still, considering FBO. Show me the specs saying our turbo is so much smaller than other 4 cyl turbos. You must have seen something I haven’t.

Now I’m not claiming to know it all but I do know a lot about forced induction. Again, please show me some actual specs because clearly you must know for a fact

in the meantime I’ll keep trying to raise the bar for tuners no matter what.
Old 12-04-17, 02:55 PM
zooby
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good afternoon,

I am sure somewhere within the 131 pages of this thread there may be the answer I am looking for but due to time constraint I figured I'll pose the question again.

I just picked up a 2017 is200t f-sport on lease. I am looking to add some mods, simple bolt ons to be exact and preferably mods that won't "void" the warranty. I am looking into getting an ecu flash or piggy back system. In your own personal experience, what system would you recommend? What system provides the most "gains" without supporting mods i.e. intake, exhaust etc. I see there are various vendors who sell the same type of ecu flash and piggy backs but is one better than the other?

On the topic of supporting mods, what are some options for intake and exhaust mods? I don't really care for the cool "noise" factor but what setup provides the best intake flow and exhaust flow which equates to higher hp/tq gains?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and hopefully providing some decent responses
Old 12-04-17, 03:00 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zooby
Good afternoon,

I am sure somewhere within the 131 pages of this thread there may be the answer I am looking for but due to time constraint I figured I'll pose the question again.

I just picked up a 2017 is200t f-sport on lease. I am looking to add some mods, simple bolt ons to be exact and preferably mods that won't "void" the warranty. I am looking into getting an ecu flash or piggy back system. In your own personal experience, what system would you recommend? What system provides the most "gains" without supporting mods i.e. intake, exhaust etc. I see there are various vendors who sell the same type of ecu flash and piggy backs but is one better than the other?

On the topic of supporting mods, what are some options for intake and exhaust mods? I don't really care for the cool "noise" factor but what setup provides the best intake flow and exhaust flow which equates to higher hp/tq gains?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and hopefully providing some decent responses
Hello Zooby, I would definitely recommend stage 1 from TTI and hps intake tube with K&N high flow filter. i would not get a piggy back if i were you because sometimes i felt like it work and sometines it didnt . With stage 1 there is more variables being modified one of the most important ones is the throttle response.No dealer is gonna give you any problem with the hps intake tube and the K&N fitler with the stock airbox.
zooby (12-04-17)
Old 12-04-17, 03:06 PM
zooby
Driver School Candidate

Hello Zooby, I would definitely recommend stage 1 from TTI and hps intake tube with K&N high flow filter. i would not get a piggy back if i were you because sometimes i felt like it work and sometines it didnt . With stage 1 there is more variables being modified one of the most important ones is the throttle response.No dealer is gonna give you any problem with the hps intake tube and the K&N fitler with the stock airbox.
Thank you for your prompt response, I will take a look into that setup. Have a good one!
Old 12-04-17, 03:06 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Good afternoon,

My advice is to stay stock. The 200t, as it is, gets about the same average MPG the IS350 does stock--in some cases I've seen, slightly worse. So you upgrade your tuning w/ a flash or piggyback and you'll still be slower than an IS350 and get even worse mileage than one-- a lot worse. So the benefit/cost ratio really isn't good.

TL;dr, you'll be slower than an IS350 after a tune, and get even worse gas mileage.

Boost dumps a ton of fuel, and even stronger boost dumps more than that.

Guys here are tuning their hearts out, some nearly bricking their cars in the process, de-catting their exhausts, buying lots of pipes and do-dads and are barely starting to (almost) break even with the stock IS350 power-wise. So definitely hats off to those trying something new and testing the limits of the 200t, it may be too much effort for not enough gain. GL!
Tamy913 (12-05-17)
Old 12-04-17, 03:11 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Bmw n20 328i turbo
We are only specifically looking at the turbine wheel (exhaust) Not to be confused with compressor wheel which brings air in.

This is a k03 (focus St) turbo
daniellina (12-04-17)
Old 12-04-17, 03:11 PM
zooby
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by E46CT
My advice is to stay stock. The 200t, as it is, gets about the same average MPG the IS350 does stock--in some cases I've seen, slightly worse. So you upgrade your tuning w/ a flash or piggyback and you'll still be slower than an IS350 and get even worse mileage than one-- a lot worse. So the benefit/cost ratio really isn't good.

TL;dr, you'll be slower than an IS350 after a tune, and get even worse gas mileage.

Boost dumps a ton of fuel, and even stronger boost dumps more than that.

Guys here are tuning their hearts out, some nearly bricking their cars in the process, de-catting their exhausts, buying lots of pipes and do-dads and are barely starting to (almost) break even with the stock IS350 power-wise. So definitely hats off to those trying something new and testing the limits of the 200t, it may be too much effort for not enough gain. GL!

You make a valid argument e46ct, def did not consider the gas mileage as an issue as this is my daily commuter to and from work. I get it is a little 2.0 turbo engine so it won't make a ton of power but rather I was looking for something that delivered smoother acceleration with less turbo lag in the mid range. Not looking to compete with the. is350, but thanks for your feedback
daniellina (12-04-17)
Old 12-04-17, 03:23 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

You make a valid argument e46ct, def did not consider the gas mileage as an issue as this is my daily commuter to and from work. I get it is a little 2.0 turbo engine so it won't make a ton of power but rather I was looking for something that delivered smoother acceleration with less turbo lag in the mid range. Not looking to compete with the. is350, but thanks for your feedback

Take it from people that have they’re car tuned. It doesn’t much affect my mpg not unless I’m engaged in spirited driving or sport mode. I averaged 24.2 in eco mode, all city, all day
Old 12-04-17, 03:25 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Bmw n20 328i turbo
We are only specifically looking at the turbine wheel (exhaust) Not to be confused with compressor wheel which brings air in.

This is a k03 (focus St) turbo

looks like our turbo really isn’t small but about normal 👍🏼
The following 2 users liked this post by IS200TFOWL:
daniellina (12-04-17), Sheddy (12-04-17)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune