Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-17, 03:31 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by zooby
Good afternoon,

I am sure somewhere within the 131 pages of this thread there may be the answer I am looking for but due to time constraint I figured I'll pose the question again.

I just picked up a 2017 is200t f-sport on lease. I am looking to add some mods, simple bolt ons to be exact and preferably mods that won't "void" the warranty. I am looking into getting an ecu flash or piggy back system. In your own personal experience, what system would you recommend? What system provides the most "gains" without supporting mods i.e. intake, exhaust etc. I see there are various vendors who sell the same type of ecu flash and piggy backs but is one better than the other?

On the topic of supporting mods, what are some options for intake and exhaust mods? I don't really care for the cool "noise" factor but what setup provides the best intake flow and exhaust flow which equates to higher hp/tq gains?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and hopefully providing some decent responses
i've got the bms piggy back on my lease car. easily installed and removed, 270 rwt (the torque is low to mid range which makes city driving fun), adds 3-4 boost only so you still have the stock throttle delay that i'm told a flash eliminates, and it's not terribly expensive.

Last edited by gbgary; 12-04-17 at 03:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (12-04-17)
Old 12-04-17, 03:45 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by gbgary
i've got the bms piggy back on my lease car. easily installed and removed, 270 rwt (the torque is low to mid range which makes city driving fun), adds 3-4 boost only so you still have the stock throttle delay that i'm told a flash eliminates, and it's not terribly expensive.
I agree the Bms powerbox is really good if not the best out of all the powerbox tunes. I consistently boost every single time I hit the gas. However I think it’s because bms uses a really good processor which can keep up with the ecu. When I used my VRtune powerbox I would feel power cutting in and out, almost like it was pulsing. I’m pretty sure the vrtune piggyback has a much slower processor..
Old 12-04-17, 03:55 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by zooby
You make a valid argument e46ct, def did not consider the gas mileage as an issue as this is my daily commuter to and from work. I get it is a little 2.0 turbo engine so it won't make a ton of power but rather I was looking for something that delivered smoother acceleration with less turbo lag in the mid range. Not looking to compete with the. is350, but thanks for your feedback
Still with less horspower right now with fbo quicker than the is350 keeps up with g37's 370's etc at the end of the day if you want to make a more fun driving experience doilg mild mods would get you that. Coming from someone that actually tried a piggy back the reflash and different bolt ons.
Old 12-04-17, 04:24 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

The BMS piggyback is the best one available IMO. They use a 64bit processor which makes it one of the most responsive, plus the company has a really great reputation.

You will suffer with MPG on any car if you constantly have a heavy foot. I get around 380 miles per tank with mostly highway driving. I do get on my car at times, but I’m a very conservative driver and use the extra power when I need to overtake or speed up.

@E46CT sorry you have such a bad impression of the 200t, but please don’t be negative towards the available tuning products unless you have a first hand experience like some of the other members on here.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sheddy:
daniellina (12-04-17), Pacific13 (12-05-17), zooby (12-04-17)
Old 12-04-17, 04:43 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
I agree the Bms powerbox is really good if not the best out of all the powerbox tunes. I consistently boost every single time I hit the gas. However I think it’s because bms uses a really good processor which can keep up with the ecu. When I used my VRtune powerbox I would feel power cutting in and out, almost like it was pulsing. I’m pretty sure the vrtune piggyback has a much slower processor..
I agree had the same feeling with the VR tuning box.
Old 12-04-17, 07:01 PM
southpole
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies everyone. My car is a lease so as another user mentioned I would not want to void the warranty. Would the BMS be best for that? With the Tti tune and tools, can the parts can be changed back to stock if needed? I am guessing regular service it wouldn’t matter?
Old 12-04-17, 07:55 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by southpole
Thanks for the replies everyone. My car is a lease so as another user mentioned I would not want to void the warranty. Would the BMS be best for that? With the Tti tune and tools, can the parts can be changed back to stock if needed? I am guessing regular service it wouldn’t matter?
Hey, we have mentioned this before for Leased cars a power box is the way to go since you can remove it any time, it is undetectable as long as you remove it before service, and last but not least if you ever decide to give your car back you can always take off the powerbox and sell it
Old 12-04-17, 08:00 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nuke
Hey, we have mentioned this before for Leased cars a power box is the way to go since you can remove it any time, it is undetectable as long as you remove it before service, and last but not least if you ever decide to give your car back you can always take off the powerbox and sell it
There is also 2 more things to it:

1. Dealers won't plug a computer and read the ECU when you take your car to service (only if you have a check engine light or something going wrong with the car). btw i work at a car dealership myself.
2. TTI Reflash is like a piggyback in the sense that you can put the car back to stock anytime if you get the tools and you gain stuff that you wouldn't with the piggyback like throttle response optimization and being sure that is always going to work no matter what because is a map of your actual ECU.
The following 4 users liked this post by daniellina:
IS200TFOWL (12-04-17), Nuke (12-05-17), southpole (12-05-17), TTITony (12-05-17)
Old 12-05-17, 06:30 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

This is where i am on my current full tank of gas.
TTITony (12-05-17)
Old 12-05-17, 12:16 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
TL;dr, you'll be slower than an IS350 after a tune, and get even worse gas mileage.

Boost dumps a ton of fuel, and even stronger boost dumps more than that.
I understand your opinions; however, I disagree with getting worse gas mileage. If anything, even the stage 1 tune improves gas mileage because you can actually modulate throttle input rather than no throttle (40+ MPG) or full throttle (<10 MPG).

Maybe other people have different goals with tuning, but my goal was to make the car more drive-able and tuning as definitely done so. If anything, 200t owners should get at least stage 1.
Sheddy (12-06-17)
Old 12-05-17, 12:57 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

remember i'm coming from driving an 07 vette to this 200t. i drive it spirited to say the least, in sport mode and traction off nearly all the time, and usually 10-15 over the speed limit (except school zones) ALL THE TIME lol. i just checked my mileage and the display said it was 21.3. that's all city driving (never taken a long highway trip to skew the numbers or reset it since new). i've got 8001 miles on it.
Sheddy (12-06-17)
Old 12-06-17, 06:33 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

TTI Stage 2+ testing has been completed!
These are the results of their test car-
Stock 179.9 whp 250 n.m torque
Stage 2 + (down-pipe & drop in K&N) 230.8 whp 303 n.m torque

We are looking at an increase of +50.9 whp +53 n.m torque with Stage 2+(down-pipe & drop in K&N filter). The dyno that TTI uses reads very low compare to a Dynojet, so the members on here who have full bolt ons (intake,down-pipe, full exhaust, charge pipe and turbo delete) would see a lot higher numbers.

Last edited by Sheddy; 12-06-17 at 06:52 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Sheddy:
GSiGuy (12-06-17), IS200TFOWL (12-06-17), Ricoo (12-06-17), Zahabriel (12-06-17), zooby (12-06-17)
Old 12-06-17, 03:08 PM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

So that's a +7 whp and + 12 nm . That seems low for 2 additional psi and further tuning, however over stock that sounds like a great solution. can't wait to see the community's results
Old 12-06-17, 03:13 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
TTI Stage 2+ testing has been completed!
These are the results of their test car-
Stock 179.9 whp 250 n.m torque
Stage 2 + (down-pipe & drop in K&N) 230.8 whp 303 n.m torque

We are looking at an increase of +50.9 whp +53 n.m torque with Stage 2+(down-pipe & drop in K&N filter). The dyno that TTI uses reads very low compare to a Dynojet, so the members on here who have full bolt ons (intake,down-pipe, full exhaust, charge pipe and turbo delete) would see a lot higher numbers.
im going to guess 255whp 285 wtq on a dynojet. Hopefully we can get one done soon
Old 12-06-17, 03:15 PM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Any results of the ov tune plus the bms that has you always boosting high?

Quick Reply: IS200t tune