Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-17, 06:32 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
I trust Tony and believe he can make my dream comes true I discussed about skip the hybrid turbo and jump to the GT but somehow tony insisted that hybrid first so I trust him ... maybe GT mod is more complicated to upgarde
It really shouldn’t be that difficult to upgrade the turbo if you have a shop and tuner that are on the same page. I guess time will tell

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 12-14-17 at 07:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Zahabriel (12-14-17)
Old 12-14-17, 09:17 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
To be honest, a garret turbo might be almost about the same price as the modified turbo. Realistically turbos aren’t even really that expensive.
Personally I think it would be smart to just go with an aftermarket turbo especially if you don’t care about it have the stock look. I would spend the extra hundred or two to be able to bring it up as desired. 320 whp isn’t even that impressive considering other platforms can do that kind of power with only a downpipe and tune...

I love the upgrade that Tony’s working on especially for those looking to keep the stock turbo appearance however I definitely think it’ll be underpowered and more of a revenue push considering how much it cost for such small gains. I’d hit that aftermarket turbo with everything else Tony offers
ya..thats a painful truth dont worry tony shark will figure it out what to do to against the n20
Old 12-14-17, 09:48 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

I would recommend everyone to buy the blitz boost adapter. That way you can see your real boost pressure and not the oem target pressure.
Old 12-14-17, 10:10 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

One step at a time. My goal was to make this 4 cylinder motor more powerful than the IS350 V6 and I am pretty close to it. Re-flashing a Toyota’s ECU was something unheard of when I first started this thread 2 years ago, but we did make some progress to this day and now we are able to adjust parameters to create more power. The downfall to our tuning growth is that not a lot of people are willing to spend the money to show aftermarket providers that there’s business in this car/motor. There are only a handful of us on this forum that are still keeping companies like TTI interested in doing R&D to make products and tuning advances. I have reached out to several aftermarket performance companies about making parts, but they said the market is just not there. You have to pay to play!

Last edited by Sheddy; 12-14-17 at 10:15 PM.
Zahabriel (12-14-17)
Old 12-14-17, 10:28 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

I didnt realize the RC weights 3740lbs while the is200t sits at 3580lbs. Time to take out a spare tire or two or three lol.

Looks like the automatic 328i weights 3500lbs. Also noticed the 17’ 330i weighs 3540lbs. These cars should be our direct competition too
Old 12-14-17, 10:39 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sheddy
One step at a time. My goal was to make this 4 cylinder motor more powerful than the IS350 V6 and I am pretty close to it. Re-flashing a Toyota’s ECU was something unheard of when I first started this thread 2 years ago, but we did make some progress to this day and now we are able to adjust parameters to create more power. The downfall to our tuning growth is that not a lot of people are willing to spend the money to show aftermarket providers that there’s business in this car/motor. There are only a handful of us on this forum that are still keeping companies like TTI interested in doing R&D to make products and tuning advances. I have reached out to several aftermarket performance companies about making parts, but they said the market is just not there. You have to pay to play!
Yeah totally. I don’t think we need any aftermarket parts as Tony and others have made most of it. We just need more tuners to look into our platform. Looks like zahabriel even found a local tuner shop that reflashed his RC, that’s interesting...
Old 12-14-17, 10:50 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

I’d recommend anyone running a tune to buy the blitz boost adapter It’s a cheap upgrade too. It’ll show your actual boost instead of the FSport gauge which shows target pressure not actual pressure. I think you’ll be surprised to find out boost levels really aren’t as high as you think
Zahabriel (12-14-17)
Old 12-14-17, 11:33 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah totally. I don’t think we need any aftermarket parts as Tony and others have made most of it. We just need more tuners to look into our platform. Looks like zahabriel even found a local tuner shop that reflashed his RC, that’s interesting...
its a forgien tuner shop this guy name Ritter his job is only read the data and send to the tuner in EU the tuner name is
Guenter or something on the tuning date he tried 2 different tunes the first tune was soso not much different in power
then he put the second tune method and we gained 30 whp from stock 193whp to 223whp i cant remember the torque number then I wasnt safisfy with the gain becoz i expected much more haha then I talked to the guy there about the solution
or the way to get tune more after that that guy contacted to the tuner in EU and tuner feedback that
the engine is heated and cant go for any further he suspected that downpipe heated the engine due the flow isnt so good with stock downpipe... thats all the story

sorry again for my poor english
IS200TFOWL (12-15-17)
Old 12-14-17, 11:51 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
its a forgien tuner shop this guy name Ritter his job is only read the data and send to the tuner in EU the tuner name is
Guenter or something on the tuning date he tried 2 different tunes the first tune was soso not much different in power
then he put the second tune method and we gained 30 whp from stock 193whp to 223whp i cant remember the torque number then I wasnt safisfy with the gain becoz i expected much more haha then I talked to the guy there about the solution
or the way to get tune more after that that guy contacted to the tuner in EU and tuner feedback that
the engine is heated and cant go for any further he suspected that downpipe heated the engine due the flow isnt so good with stock downpipe... thats all the story

sorry again for my poor english
True, the stock downpipe also has 2 cats. It wouldnt hurt to keep checking in with that tuner. That 223 whp might be close to 240 whp on a dynojet. I bet you if you keep investing time with them they might be able to help us all
Old 12-15-17, 05:51 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I’d recommend anyone running a tune to buy the blitz boost adapter It’s a cheap upgrade too. It’ll show your actual boost instead of the FSport gauge which shows target pressure not actual pressure. I think you’ll be surprised to find out boost levels really aren’t as high as you think
That is true, With the bluetooth app that i have (torque pro ) the boost shown is always lower than the digital boost gauge in the dashboard. yes i saw it peak at 21.7 but that almost never happens lots of the times stays around 17 lbs and then it goes down but you can clearly see that the boost is not as consistent as you can see it on the f port gauge.
IS200TFOWL (12-15-17)
Old 12-15-17, 06:01 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I am happy with my car right now. I'm just going to wait till a reputable/known ecu tuning company emerges with a program for our car, so i can get it dyno tuned.
Is200tnc (12-15-17)
Old 12-15-17, 10:11 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by daniellina
That is true, With the bluetooth app that i have (torque pro ) the boost shown is always lower than the digital boost gauge in the dashboard. yes i saw it peak at 21.7 but that almost never happens lots of the times stays around 17 lbs and then it goes down but you can clearly see that the boost is not as consistent as you can see it on the f port gauge.
Are you sure the Bluetooth app is even accurate? It would be better to get the real thing and just mount a real gauge.
I personally think we’re peaking more around 19 and holding 15-16. If we were peaking 22 psi I guarantee it would be good for 320+ wtq, if it held 18 psi then it would probably be good for 300whp

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 12-15-17 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-15-17, 10:39 AM
Ricoo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you sure the Bluetooth app is even accurate? It would be better to get the real thing and just mount a real gauge.
I personally we are peaking more around 19 and holding 15-16. If we were peaking 22 psi I guarantee it would be good for 320+ wtq, if it held 18 psi then it would probably be good for 300whp

yea i noticed that too. 15 psi is consistent and peak at 19psi on occasion. I believe the boost solenoid is the culprit and is limiting pressure at 15. i'm looking into a boost controller and since car is already tuned for 21-22psi we should be good to go. Right?
Old 12-15-17, 11:39 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I personally think we’re peaking more around 19 and holding 15-16. If we were peaking 22 psi I guarantee it would be good for 320+ wtq, if it held 18 psi then it would probably be good for 300whp
It goes to the obd port and it reads all the sensors directly from the car in real time i mean i guess is accurate the app works amanzingly good. like i said most of the times i see 19 psi and holds in 15-17 sometimes .
then starts decreasing as rpms go up i'm gonna try to film a video soon so i can show you guys what i mean.I'm always keeping track of the intake temps too and the AFR i think i see better AFR with stage 2 plus than stage 2.
Tomorrow will be posting dyno results with sheddy.
Old 12-15-17, 12:32 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

If a stock turbocharged 1.5 liter is capable of this then there’s a lot more room for us! The only difference is that Honda has multiple tuning programs available and tuners who can get the most out of them on the dyno. On just the re-flash at 19psi they made 212whp, but with a tuner on the dyno they were able to raise the boost to spike 24psi and dropping to 21psi to make 242whp.
Zahabriel (12-15-17)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune