Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-17, 09:39 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Yeah this actually looks really good for being stock. That could possibly translate to 240whp 290wtq on a dynojet, hard to say. That’s if the gains are really 30whp 40wtq.

looks like it was hot that day. 99 degrees
Im in Thailand
Old 12-15-17, 09:46 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
I cheked that mustang was modded something
exactly...
I would go back to this tuner. It might cost a little bit for each dyno session but I think its probably the best way to go. Get a fbo setup and feed him money, I bet he’ll get you to 300whp even on the stock turbo
Old 12-16-17, 12:51 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

I got some good news and bad news.

Bad news- The dyno shop that I’ve been using did an update to their systems hardware and software, so I want to believe that my dyno readings are off. Unfortunately my readings were a lot lower this time with Stage 2+. The car definitely feels a lot stronger and pulls harder as you can see from my quick videos. I guess we will have to see other users results before we jump to conclusions.

EDIT- my vacuum regulator is bad again! That could be the reason for the low numbers as well

Good news- While at the dyno I was speaking to a tuner who has done work on numerous cars in the US and Puerto Rico. He was inquiring about what program we were using and to my surprise he uses the same program! He has never done any tuning on this particular motor, but he is willing to dyno tune it and believes that this motor has the capabilities of making a lot more power. Wilson Chip Tuning is his brand and he has over 20 years of tuning experience in Honda, Toyota, Chevy etc. I will be making arrangements to get this done sometime early next year!

Last edited by Sheddy; 12-16-17 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-16-17, 01:52 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I got some good news and bad news.

Bad news- The dyno shop that I’ve been using did an update to their systems hardware and software, so I want to believe that my dyno readings are off. Unfortunately my readings were a lot lower this time with Stage 2+. The car definitely feels a lot stronger and pulls harder as you can see from my quick videos. I guess we will have to see other users results before we jump to conclusions.

Good news- While at the dyno I was speaking to a tuner who has done work on numerous cars in the US and Puerto Rico. He was inquiring about what program we were using and to my surprise he uses the same program! He has never done any tuning on this particular motor, but he is willing to dyno tune it and believes that this motor has the capabilities of making a lot more power. Wilson Chip Tuning is his brand and he has over 20 years of tuning experience in Honda, Toyota, Chevy etc. I will be making arrangements to get this done sometime early next year!
Haha I didn’t expect that, I hope you’re right! Those numbers are so bad for being FBO. Good to see you found another tuner. I would challenge anyone that’s tuned or looking to be tuned to reach outside of the box and inquire with as many local tuner shops as possible. I’m sure we can hit 300whp without having to spend 2-3k on a hybrid turbo’ I’m not spending that kind of money especially when a solid tune should do the job. Currently it looks like Tti really only bumps boost by 1-2 psi barometric, there’s 4-5 psi still on the table and I think it’s being saved. You can only be so nice to someone before they realize your sucking them in for what might be 2-3k in unnecessary parts...

We should be able to do 300whp without the hybrid turbo, however if you do upgrade to TTI’s hybrid turbo pkg I bet it’ll be the safest 300whp possible. If it’s a solid 350+whp on a dynojet then I’d possibly consider it, time will tell...
Old 12-16-17, 02:22 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I am not quite FBO. I just have the drop in filter, charge-pipe, muffler delete and de-catted down-pipe. I am still running the stock mid-pipe and axle back. The TTI tune is a big improvement over stock, but we have to remember than Tony is tuning these cars remotely with no datalogging, so it is hard for him to push the car to the limit. The live dyno tuning session would be about 2-3 hours, but the tuner will be able to extract a lot more power being that it is customized to my specific car. Till then I will enjoy my Stage 2 + and I hope that the other users can chime in with much better results.
Old 12-16-17, 03:17 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

So I think I found the issue.
Old 12-16-17, 03:41 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

my car was dyno tuned however I believe that tony and his team they are doing works
delicately as I could see they tested so many time before releasing every stage of tunes
regarding the aftermarker parts he is sell to me its normal to mark up price within reasonable
with the performance you get and sometime on something really new this 8ar motor it has a
risk that you might not get what you expected from the tune because its too fresh to be honest
a few months back I had sent an email to RR racing and give them information about this motor and the potential
of tuning and even the market for this 8ar I sent and resend tothem 2-3 times and there was no answer from them
it was painful truth that not many big tuning companies are willing to eyes on this 8ar thats why as IS200FOLW said
TTi shines because there re not so many involve in this 8ar motor but anyway I still appreciated to Tony stark and his team effort I like the passion that he has on this 8ar he also owne an is200t and definiately there’s s relationship between him and this 8ar that why I would said he has a passion on this 8ar its not all about business therefore to me I would consuder
tony as a challenger on this 8ar its challenging for him and in the other hands its a pressure that bring drive and motivation too and did agreed that to have dyno tuning is more refine tune and you will be able to squeeze out more power from more finer tune from just online ready packaged programing tune thats normal haha and about spending 2-3 k for such an unknown snd unexpected performance its a kind of risk and madness for whoms are crazy enough on this 8ar motor
but thats not all the reason for some certain countries where the import duty is super sky high for imported cars like in Thailand the price of rc200t is equivalent to x2 RcF there in US and many countries where the car price is reasonable and before I finish this texting I would like to say that we’re here in this forum because we all have the same passion and target
we re sharing many info and expereice negative,positive,painful,hope and etc. I have a confident that one day in the future
before the electric motor will kill all the patrol combusion cars we will be able to see this 8ar with 350-400 whp or even let the Rc-F eat our smoke haha(lol) til then just dont give up lets striaght forward to the target and proven that we are not dreaming.

The following 2 users liked this post by Zahabriel:
Pacific13 (12-17-17), Sheddy (12-16-17)
Old 12-16-17, 03:42 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

So I think I found the issue.
whats that ?
Old 12-16-17, 03:55 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

whats that ?
Thats the sound of a dying vacuum regulator lol
Old 12-16-17, 03:57 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Thats the sound of a dying vacuum regulator lol
again? ask someone to make it from carbon fiber for us lol or are there any alternative after market vacuum regulators ?

Last edited by Zahabriel; 12-16-17 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-16-17, 04:13 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

https://www.powerhouseracing.com/pro...cuum-regulator

http://www.jegs.com/p/Moroso/Moroso-...45524/10002/-1

Last edited by Zahabriel; 12-16-17 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-16-17, 06:16 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

again? ask someone to make it from carbon fiber for us lol or are there any alternative after market vacuum regulators ?
Lol I wish I can use an aftermarket regulator, but unfortunately those will not work on our car. Guess I’ll be changing my 4th regulator soon.
Old 12-16-17, 08:38 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Lol I wish I can use an aftermarket regulator, but unfortunately those will not work on our car. Guess I’ll be changing my 4th regulator soon.
thats crazy, I’m still on my first but I have a back up just incase
Old 12-16-17, 09:35 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

I think mine gave up too....damit i wish I can understand what's the issue, is it heat? is it boost levels? or just a crappy German tech:P
Old 12-17-17, 05:57 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nuke
I think mine gave up too....damit i wish I can understand what's the issue, is it heat? is it boost levels? or just a crappy German tech:P
Maybe it’s humidity?

I remember Tony specifically told me he adjusts boost via vacuum but I don’t know enough to say if that’s how it’s done or not. It makes sense because the vacuum solenoid specifically controls the wastegate but idk if the wastegate actually sets boost levels

Quick Reply: IS200t tune