Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-17, 12:14 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

You guys should all switch to OV and stop complaining since you agree that TTI is not making you happy i mean those of you who are not already with OV or not already complained about them publicly
Old 12-21-17, 12:17 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
I think TTIs “tune” mainly supports the bolt ons preventing CELs etc. rather than actually being a full tune. Look we don’t have a modern day evo so asking for 400-500whp is unreasonable.Our platform should be able to safely handle 300 maybe 350whp. Pushing anymore than 400whp could be a tickin time bomb. I wouldn’t push our pistons past 400whp unless you have some forged pistons like an EVO
Since you are so confidant that we can make more power with our platform, i will ask you one thing to support your theory.....take out ur turbo and do a flow measurement then lets see what kind of our our platform is capable of so you can understand it finally that way we will know if TTI is tricking us and you can make us all happy
Old 12-21-17, 12:34 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
You guys should all switch to OV and stop complaining since you agree that TTI is not making you happy i mean those of you who are not already with OV or not already complained about them publicly
Free forum and what’s better than sharing facts. Also I wouldn’t switch to OV. The only reason I think I got a decent tune was because I hounded him. I wouldn’t wanna do business with someone that throws up a big middle finger.
Old 12-21-17, 12:37 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Free forum and what’s better than sharing facts. Also I wouldn’t switch to OV. The only reason I think I got a decent tune was because I hounded him. I wouldn’t wanna do business with someone that throws up a big middle finger.
Great then if you wanna talk about “facts” get the flow measurement done then lets talk facts but before having these facts lets support ALL the tuners available for the platform instead of labeling them and ending up with a dead platform
The following 2 users liked this post by Nuke:
imyang (12-21-17), Z3R00 (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 12:40 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

My friend is not about switching over from company to company . is about results is not about tti making us happy because they have great customer service and they're trying their best to get better results for us . Is merely about the results according with regular standars with similiar engines not only 1 or 2 but many of the 4cyl on the market today. I know TTI wants to do more but so far we've seen the results and sadly i don't know why they aren't up to par with the standard outputs for similar engines so my guess and next step is going to properly dyno tune the car which as we all know is the proper way to do it not for certain cars but for all of them.
Like Sheddy mentioned before there is someone that specializes in Toyotas and Japanese cars for 20 years and he is willing to tune the is200t and he uses the same program TTI uses.. on the other hand, i know someone that tunes all kinds of exotics and bmw's mercedes, etc. and he also told me a few months back that he is willing to datalog and tune my car. So like i said before i just want to make my money worth after all of these bolt ons. is been too long and we haven't seen some REAL results and even more so the people that have FBO.
The following 2 users liked this post by daniellina:
IS200TFOWL (12-21-17), Is200tnc (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 01:33 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Great then if you wanna talk about “facts” get the flow measurement done then lets talk facts but before having these facts lets support ALL the tuners available for the platform instead of labeling them and ending up with a dead platform
Lol why don’t you research some more Internet links. Quit panicking, I’m just trying to make sure everyone knows what’s going on. Facts or information, whichever you prefer lol. Don’t call me out unless you can back it up. There’s nothing wrong with being bias or candid, argue that.TTI wont disappear seeing he’s going to be making thousands on his ‘hybrid’ turbo which is the only way to get the real tune. I wish OV would pull they’re head out of they’re ***, more or less don’t care for his tune due to lack of r&d. TBH, I’m not worried about the tuning anymore. There’s another company in the works excluding OV and TTI. They’re working on a full reflash ‘pop bang’ tune with the support of PPE’s products using only a downpipe and charge pipe. I’d love to compare they’re results on the stock turbo versus TTI stage two +
Old 12-21-17, 01:50 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Since you are so confidant that we can make more power with our platform, i will ask you one thing to support your theory.....take out ur turbo and do a flow measurement then lets see what kind of our our platform is capable of so you can understand it finally that way we will know if TTI is tricking us and you can make us all happy
Borderline annoying lol i never said TTI was tricking us. They’re just saving the real tune for the hybrid turbo. Like literally your acting like your paid by them. Just chill, I still advocate for TTi, I think they’re turbo build will be really really good if not the best performance option available. However personally I’d be happy with 300whp, I’m just not ready to drop a few grand for +50whp when I’d be happy with 300whp on the stock turbo
Old 12-21-17, 02:03 PM
Z3R00
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're making this thread pretty Fowl. Stop.
The following users liked this post:
Nuke (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 02:14 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Okay sir. Youre welcome for the information
Old 12-21-17, 09:33 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daniellina
My friend is not about switching over from company to company . is about results is not about tti making us happy because they have great customer service and they're trying their best to get better results for us . Is merely about the results according with regular standars with similiar engines not only 1 or 2 but many of the 4cyl on the market today. I know TTI wants to do more but so far we've seen the results and sadly i don't know why they aren't up to par with the standard outputs for similar engines so my guess and next step is going to properly dyno tune the car which as we all know is the proper way to do it not for certain cars but for all of them.
Like Sheddy mentioned before there is someone that specializes in Toyotas and Japanese cars for 20 years and he is willing to tune the is200t and he uses the same program TTI uses.. on the other hand, i know someone that tunes all kinds of exotics and bmw's mercedes, etc. and he also told me a few months back that he is willing to datalog and tune my car. So like i said before i just want to make my money worth after all of these bolt ons. is been too long and we haven't seen some REAL results and even more so the people that have FBO.
Lol did u copy that from somewhere

Borderline annoying lol i never said TTI was tricking us. They’re just saving the real tune for the hybrid turbo. Like literally your acting like your paid by them. Just chill, I still advocate for TTi, I think they’re turbo build will be really really good if not the best performance option available. However personally I’d be happy with 300whp, I’m just not ready to drop a few grand for +50whp when I’d be happy with 300whp on the stock turbo

I realized something arguing with you is futile so I am going to stop right here and leave you to miss lead people who are interested in what you say

Am not sure if you followed this thread from the beginning, but i was the first to have a major problem with TTI, since my ECU go bricked in the process of tuning...ultimately maybe you are right maybe we can make 300whp+ with our platform, but since there aren’t many working on our platform we should support them instead of acting like kids and miss leading people with nonsense or baseless comparative information from “other” 4cyl platforms, most of us are not technical and have little knowledge of whats going under our hoods, so posting nonsense is the worset thing ever, i get it if you are suggesting or asking the tuners but your are just bashing on them, doesn’t seem like a person who wants better results just looks like a bully who wants attention

PS: I wish I am on TTI’s payroll who wouldn’t want to make more money and I hope you are actually right and we can make 300whp+ with our cars without much modifications i would be the first to go down that road

Last edited by Nuke; 12-21-17 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-21-17, 09:58 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Red face

Lol did u copy that from somewhere

I realized something arguing with you is futile so I am going to stop right here and leave you to miss lead people who are interested in what you say

Am not sure if you followed this thread from the beginning, but i was the first to have a major problem with TTI, since my ECU go bricked in the process of tuning...ultimately maybe you are right maybe we can make 300whp+ with our platform, but since there aren’t many working on our platform we should support them instead of acting like kids and miss leading people with nonsense or baseless comparative information from “other” 4cyl platforms, most of us are not technical and have little knowledge of whats going under our hoods, so posting nonsense is the worset thing ever, i get it if you are suggesting or asking the tuners but your are just bashing on them, doesn’t seem like a person who wants better results just looks like a bully who wants attention

PS: I wish I am on TTI’s payroll who wouldn’t want to make more money and I hope you are actually right and we can make 300whp+ with our cars without much modifications i would be the first to go down that road

Make whatever you want out of it. You could’ve stopped along time ago especially if you really do hope we can make 300whp without such modifications. Then what are you arguing? Youre not the only one that’s been here since the beginning. I work at Lexus and bought one of the first and not because I knew nothing about it. I’m not miss informing anyone and I’m not looking for attention. I promise you that, let’s agree to disagree. Just block me from now on o k
Old 12-22-17, 05:32 AM
Buddiiee
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportDRM
This is what I was looking forward to with the 200t. Even thought about replacing my IS350 just because of the possible tuning capabilities. I emailed Cobb about tuning but they have no plans as of right now.
There's NO WAY IN HELL that tiny little turbo 4 cylinder could match the power AND reliability (because it's Toyota AND NON turbo) of the IS350's engine. Plus all the knock you gotta worry about in the hot summer months with a forced induction car; screw that. The proven IS350's bulletproof drivetrain is more powerful and has mature technology, plus there's no turbo lag. There's ZERO comparison between those two cars. If you wanted more horse from the 350 put headers, a tune and lightweight wheels on it and turn it into a totally different car.
Old 12-22-17, 05:37 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Nuke;10061686]Lol did u copy that from somewhere
Lol no i just wanted to give an honest opinion man thats it. This is about helping each other out!

Old 12-22-17, 05:39 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Buddiiee
There's NO WAY IN HELL that tiny little turbo 4 cylinder could match the power AND reliability (because it's Toyota AND NON turbo) of the IS350's engine. Plus all the knock you gotta worry about in the hot summer months with a forced induction car; screw that. The proven IS350's bulletproof drivetrain is more powerful and has mature technology, plus there's no turbo lag. There's ZERO comparison between those two cars. If you wanted more horse from the 350 put headers, a tune and lightweight wheels on it and turn it into a totally different car.
Turbo 4 cylinders can reliably make way more power. true that the engine in the is350 is one of the best engines toyota ever made but there is not much potential because is N/A you can actually look up dyno sheets and videos all over the place. The 8arfts was tested by toyota for more than 1.2 million kilometers to assure reliability. I've raced is350s and with my 245whp and 275 wtq i've won every time. the is200t is almost 100lbs lighter. they are basically the same thing except by the drivetrain so there is a lot to compare in between both of them. if you refer to a 2.0 turbo as a little engine with your 3.5 v6 seems that you dont really know about cars.

headers 1000
tune 600
catback 1000
intake 250
almost 3k to probably get 300whp
you can expend the same on a is200t with dyno tune and have (hopefully not proven yet) the same hp and way more torque so...

Last edited by daniellina; 12-22-17 at 05:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (12-22-17)
Old 12-22-17, 06:38 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

This thread has gone in a total different direction.
We are all looking for the best possible tuning solution. TTI Stage 2 has given us decent power gains along with a smooth driving experience, but we knew that there were still space for more. Stage 2+ was supposed to fill that void, but unfortunately from the dyno results it didn't live up to the expectation even with all the added bolt ons. I still do believe that more can be done, but we also have to understand that without data logging and dyno tuning its hard to get maximum power safely. We will have to wait and see what TTI does and also OV has informed me that they are working on something new for next year. As of now i need a new vacuum regulator (getting highly annoying ) and i'll be using the BMS piggyback again, but this time i want to see how it performs with my bolt ons.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
daniellina (12-22-17), olalia (08-05-23)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune