Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-18, 04:30 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
These were the results on a bone stock motor.
*SNIP*
Hi Sheddy I'm new in here just got back to the Lexus clan with a 2017 IS 200t. I have been looking at the work that Terry over a Burger is doing but the dyno you linked is not indicative of he has posted on the product page.

Is the Dyno you are posting from your personal experience? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect from the BMS stage 1 tuner.

Also do you have any dyno numbers on downpipes only as I cant seem to find any online. I'm looking at the PPE because I have installed 4 IS-F PPE kits and am really impressed with their quality.
Old 01-04-18, 06:19 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Welcome!
Yes, these are my actual dyno testing results on 93 octane fuel.

This was done on the stock motor with the BMS stage 1.

This is a comparison between stock (w/ BMS) and with the addition of a PPE de-catted down-pipe (w/ BMS). As you can see it did pick up some power in the upper RPM range.

This is the results of the stock tune with down-pipe and BMS with down-pipe.

Old 01-04-18, 07:33 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Nice. Looks like that turbo generates pressure a lot faster and sooner w/ bms and down pipe! but probably mostly the down pipe. the torque curve is interesting--big tq diff at 3.25k rpm. I wonder why the torque jump right before 4.5k rpm... is it noticeable? is that our vtec kicking in? lol

So is this the new trend. people taking off TTI and installing the Burger box?

So this puts you at 266 crank hp, 322 lb torque if you do rough math.
Old 01-04-18, 08:03 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT
Nice. Looks like that turbo generates pressure a lot faster and sooner w/ bms and down pipe! but probably mostly the down pipe. the torque curve is interesting--big tq diff at 3.25k rpm. I wonder why the torque jump right before 4.5k rpm... is it noticeable? is that our vtec kicking in? lol

So is this the new trend. people taking off TTI and installing the Burger box?

So this puts you at 266 crank hp, 322 lb torque if you do rough math.
The BMS makes a huge increase (very noticeable) in low and mid-range power with or without the upgraded DP, but with the DP you can see that it picks up a bit more peak WHP . The issue with making more power with the BMS is the lack of A/F adjustment in the higher RPM range (needs full JB4 or higher octane fuel) , that is where the re-flash tuning comes into play and makes more WHP. I have already sold the BMS and I am back on my TTI re-flash tune. The next step will be a custom dyno tune.
Old 01-04-18, 10:32 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

The BMS makes a huge increase (very noticeable) in low and mid-range power with or without the upgraded DP, but with the DP you can see that it picks up a bit more peak WHP . The issue with making more power with the BMS is the lack of A/F adjustment in the higher RPM range (needs full JB4 or higher octane fuel) , that is where the re-flash tuning comes into play and makes more WHP. I have already sold the BMS and I am back on my TTI re-flash tune. The next step will be a custom dyno tune.
Will we be getting a JB4 for the 8AR or are we up the creek on that. Also what happened to OV they aren't showing tunes available for Lexus anymore? BTW when you say "custom tune" what are you using for tuning?
Old 01-04-18, 10:33 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

man you move fast. hard to keep up with you. your dyno guy must love you! lol
Old 01-04-18, 12:03 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loophole35
Will we be getting a JB4 for the 8AR or are we up the creek on that. Also what happened to OV they aren't showing tunes available for Lexus anymore? BTW when you say "custom tune" what are you using for tuning?
I don't see JB4 happening anytime soon since there's not enough interest in their Stage 1 tune (I highly recommend it) , but if we were to get it then that would be awesome! Matt from OV informed me that he was working on something new for this year, so still waiting to see what he has in store. For the custom tune we are using the Bitbox/Bitedit program which seems to be one of the few available for our 8AR ECU.

Originally Posted by E46CT
man you move fast. hard to keep up with you. your dyno guy must love you! lol
Lol, i enjoy doing the research and sharing with the 8AR community!
Old 01-04-18, 12:51 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

I don't see JB4 happening anytime soon since there's not enough interest in their Stage 1 tune (I highly recommend it) , but if we were to get it then that would be awesome! Matt from OV informed me that he was working on something new for this year, so still waiting to see what he has in store. For the custom tune we are using the Bitbox/Bitedit program which seems to be one of the few available for our 8AR ECU.
Okay so with Bitbox are you able to tune out the god awful throttle and downshift lag? Or has anyone figured out a work around? I saw some Throttle "enhancer" piggy-backs but honestly there is no way those would work for this issue.
Old 01-04-18, 01:17 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loophole35
Okay so with Bitbox are you able to tune out the god awful throttle and downshift lag? Or has anyone figured out a work around? I saw some Throttle "enhancer" piggy-backs but honestly there is no way those would work for this issue.
Yes, with the re-flash tune the throttle response was greatly improved. I also believe that the shift points can be modified, but i never done the TCU tune on my car. Once i get dyno tuned i would like to get the rev limit around 6200-6300 rpm, so i can hit 60mph in 2nd gear.
Old 01-06-18, 02:58 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Stay tuned guys, am doing my dyno right now but they are having problem with vaccume lines...however look at this

​​​​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Nuke:
imyang (01-07-18), Sheddy (01-06-18)
Old 01-06-18, 04:01 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Nuke!! if your dyno has the same standard with the dyno jet then thats result is just incredible and breaking the new record of 8ar power congrats

Last edited by Zahabriel; 01-06-18 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-06-18, 04:08 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
Nuke!! if your dyno has the same standard worj the dyno jet then thats result is just incredible and breaking the new record of 8ar power congrats
Indeed its great results, the guys here are having problems with their dyno vacuum line so might have to share a map without boost for now and come back to them another day for a rerun...will let u know
Old 01-06-18, 04:11 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

stuning we can now kill the 350
Old 01-06-18, 05:19 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
stuning we can now kill the 350
I did already repeatedly
Old 01-06-18, 06:22 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Stay tuned guys, am doing my dyno right now but they are having problem with vaccume lines...however look at this

​​
Finally some great numbers! congrats nuke! how did you achieve this? you dyno tuned the car? or you got a new reflash and went to the dyno. Awesome numbers considering that where you live you have such high temps too!

Quick Reply: IS200t tune