Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-18, 01:52 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

When I did the dyno testing for the BMS tune we found out that we were getting better results without the dyno fan. The shop owner at Genesis automotive is also a tuner and he was telling me that this car seems to like the heat. I would like to test the Stage 2 + again, but I think next time I go will be to get dyno tuned. Hopefully then I will get to my goal of 260whp 300wtq with my current setup.
Old 01-07-18, 07:15 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
Well i went to the dyno with a good regulator and stage 2+ full exhaust and catless downpipe and also charge pipe just like you and i only made 245whp and 276wtq thats why i am surprise Tony told me that we have the same tune so idk what would make my car make less power.. :/ there is something off here... thats a 35whp fifference and like 25wtq
hmmm could it be a busted dyno? will try to find another Dyno to run a test....its hard to find dynos for cheaps here its very expensive to do a run here

Originally Posted by Sheddy
When I did the dyno testing for the BMS tune we found out that we were getting better results without the dyno fan. The shop owner at Genesis automotive is also a tuner and he was telling me that this car seems to like the heat. I would like to test the Stage 2 + again, but I think next time I go will be to get dyno tuned. Hopefully then I will get to my goal of 260whp 300wtq with my current setup.
hmmm interesting so my car likes Dubai weather you mean :P well these days its around 20~30c day time and inside the dyno room maybe abit warmer
Old 01-08-18, 05:02 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Just got a e-mail back from OV about the user flash tuner. They say that the tuners should be available this week. I think this will be the route I go as I have a few friends that tune.
Old 01-08-18, 06:25 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

are you saying that they are selling licences for a tuner you can take to your local tuner and get a custom tune?
Old 01-08-18, 07:04 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zcon
are you saying that they are selling licences for a tuner you can take to your local tuner and get a custom tune?
Basically yes. The way I understand it is that it will be similar to Hondata's FlashPRO.
Old 01-08-18, 07:21 AM
zcon
Driver

Great news, that Is what this community has been waiting for, full customization end user tuning. hopefully with this product we will start to be able to push the envelope with this platform. I know there are people in this thread that will crank that boost up and see what happens For people in south Florida HpLogic is a great shop that has a mustang dyno and the tuner Jack is a legend when it comes to tuning.
Old 01-08-18, 07:22 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loophole35
Just got a e-mail back from OV about the user flash tuner. They say that the tuners should be available this week. I think this will be the route I go as I have a few friends that tune.
Basically yes. The way I understand it is that it will be similar to Hondata's FlashPRO.
From my understanding your tuner needs to have the specific program to tune your car. The tuner i am dealing with (Wilson chiptuning) uses the Bitbox/Bitedit program. The Bitedit is the master "tuner" program that actually makes the adjustments to the tune and Bitbox is the one that allows you to read and write the files into the ECU. Both systems need a license dongle to gain access. What OV is providing should be the access to the read and write the tuned file that they are providing. They will not sell the access to the tuning program since that will be eliminating their job as a tuner.

@Zcon- I might be doing the dyno tune next week.

Last edited by Sheddy; 01-08-18 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-08-18, 07:36 AM
zcon
Driver

Awesome, I am excited to see what can be done about holding the boost up high with tuning alone, also inquire with your tuner about running e85, what does our car need besides the tune? add a flex fuel adapter?
Old 01-08-18, 07:59 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Awesome, I am excited to see what can be done about holding the boost up high with tuning alone, also inquire with your tuner about running e85, what does our car need besides the tune? add a flex fuel adapter?
Yea i could find out, but i am more interested in getting max performance on pumped gas (93 oct). With the dyno tune i can say that it will be fully customized to my specific car and hopefully get some really good results. What Tony and TTI have accomplished with their tune are great for those who don't have access to a local tuner who has the correct tuning program.
Old 01-08-18, 08:02 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sheddy
From my understanding your tuner needs to have the specific program to tune your car. The tuner i am dealing with (Wilson chiptuning) uses the Bitbox/Bitedit program. The Bitedit is the master "tuner" program that actually makes the adjustments to the tune and Bitbox is the one that allows you to read and write the files into the ECU. Both systems need a license dongle to gain access. What OV is providing should be the access to the read and write the tuned file that they are providing. They will not sell the access to the tuning program since that will be eliminating their job as a tuner.

@Zcon- I might be doing the dyno tune next week.
No they are allowing user control of the tuning program. No tune locks.

This is the exact answer I got:
"
Hello

we have our own tune kits in stock, but the january 1rst release is we are releasing an editor version software that lets the end user tune their own vehicle if they wish to do so.

however we are slightly behind schedule and it releases next week."

In the end it allows them to sell tuning kits to people that otherwise would not use then due to geography.
Old 01-08-18, 08:26 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

No they are allowing user control of the tuning program. No tune locks.

This is the exact answer I got:
"
Hello

we have our own tune kits in stock, but the january 1rst release is we are releasing an editor version software that lets the end user tune their own vehicle if they wish to do so.

however we are slightly behind schedule and it releases next week."

In the end it allows them to sell tuning kits to people that otherwise would not use then due to geography.
Very interesting! Is OV trying to be a tuning program provider?
If that's the case then that's great news for those who want to get custom tuning done.
Old 01-08-18, 08:28 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Well that is how Hondata started out. It is a good business decision IMO.
Old 01-08-18, 08:39 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Well that is how Hondata started out. It is a good business decision IMO.
Yea definitely. lets see!
Old 01-08-18, 09:37 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Hello guys

TTI team make detailed understanding of the turbocharger specifications, we try to do a more balanced power output and linearity is the durability, interesting? check compressor and turbine wheel inducer and exducer diameter.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...l#post10075496

The following 3 users liked this post by TTITony:
Nuke (01-08-18), Ricoo (01-08-18), Sheddy (01-08-18)
Old 01-08-18, 09:44 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Wow, great stuff Tony!
The following users liked this post:
TTITony (01-09-18)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune