Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-17, 03:42 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Is200t VS

Can anyone tell me if this is a G37 or G35? We did a 60 roll on the 3rd honk 😜 His Infiniti looks like it might be modded. I'm running the vrtune powerbox, bms intake and muffler delete.

Old 02-06-17, 07:07 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

That was a G35. About 275hp and 0-60 in about 6.2 seconds with Auto. That's pretty good if you took it out
Old 02-07-17, 09:54 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,156 Likes on 1,620 Posts

$1300--that seems like kind of a lot. If you own your car and plan on keeping it, maybe best long term. If leased, I'd go with the burger.
Old 02-07-17, 11:21 AM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree it is expensive, but it does include the transmission tune when it happens. Of course, this is all speculative as it's still in development.
Old 02-07-17, 06:33 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
$1300--that seems like kind of a lot. If you own your car and plan on keeping it, maybe best long term. If leased, I'd go with the burger.
I agree with you 120% and I would do the same 1300$ is allot no matter what kind of tune it is
Old 02-08-17, 07:44 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
I agree with you 120% and I would do the same 1300$ is allot no matter what kind of tune it is
Yup, At least with a piggyback it can be used in another car or resold.
The following users liked this post:
mcarter45 (02-08-17)
Old 02-12-17, 10:29 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Sheddy bro, can you get us someone from BMS here on the forum to answer some of our questions
Old 02-16-17, 10:27 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 499 Likes on 249 Posts

Guys what is your take on this?

Click here

Am not sure if it is not allowed to post a link I hope am not violating any rules
that you linked to is for personal tune of your car. As in you bring your car to him and he straps it to dyno and tune it to spec for your vehicle and specific mods you have.

Check on the prices and compare it to his Bench Tune or his Handheld tuners then you will understand his pricing and that one you linked will not looks so out of reach.
https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/lexus
Old 02-16-17, 10:31 AM
specONE
Racer

Originally Posted by E46CT
Originally Posted by MasonGrey
I agree it is expensive, but it does include the transmission tune when it happens. Of course, this is all speculative as it's still in development.
Originally Posted by Sheddy
$1300 price is for personalized Tune by him with your car physically strapped to a Dyno.

Once matt has tune map developed for IS200t, you can expect pricing to look like his handheld tuner for IS350 application.
https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...eld-tuner-2014
Note that the Handheld tuner is tied to VIN of vehicle it is plugged to to reflash. If you use Handheld tuner to reflash back to factory, the VIN is released on the Handheld tuner and then you can bring the Handheld tuner to different vehicle VIN and use the Tune there.
Once it sees one VIN it will not allow another flash at that time. So it is transferable between vehicles as long as you release VIN (flash back to stock). You just can't Tune two cars at the same time.
Old 02-16-17, 08:35 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Sheddy bro, can you get us someone from BMS here on the forum to answer some of our questions
I have mentioned to Terry Burger about this forum to promote his products but he hasn't joined yet.
Old 02-19-17, 08:13 AM
hambrabi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting one of these Piggyback tunes from VRTUNED for my 2016 IS200T with a Burger Intake, just wondering if anyone here has personally installed one? The description says that is really easy and you just plug in about 3 ports, but on one of the pictures one of the wires look like its been cut out from a tube with another bunch of wires.

So my question is if there will be any cutting/drilling required? And do I just pull out the box before I take it back for maintenance/servicing so it goes to stock? (if thats how it works) And do you actually feel the gains at least to some extent as they advertise? (or in actuality is it just like 10hp+)

Let me know and thanks for answering.

(Side note, does anybody know why the 2017 IS200t is 0.4 secs faster for 0-60 while still retaining the same amount of HP/Torque? It was reported by Car and Driver. I feel ripped off lol)

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...151445167.html

Last edited by hambrabi; 02-19-17 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-19-17, 08:59 AM
mcarter45
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hambrabi
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting one of these Piggyback tunes from VRTUNED for my 2016 IS200T with a Burger Intake, just wondering if anyone here has personally installed one? The description says that is really easy and you just plug in about 3 ports, but on one of the pictures one of the wires look like its been cut out from a tube with another bunch of wires.

So my question is if there will be any cutting/drilling required? And do I just pull out the box before I take it back for maintenance/servicing so it goes to stock? (if thats how it works) And do you actually feel the gains at least to some extent as they advertise? (or in actuality is it just like 10hp+)

(Side note, does anybody know why the 2017 IS200t is 0.4 secs faster for 0-60 while still retaining the same amount of HP/Torque? It was reported by Car and Driver. I feel ripped off lol)

Hey. sheddy has been testing the Burger tune. I'm waiting for it.
Old 02-19-17, 12:37 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mcarter45
Hey. sheddy has been testing the Burger tune. I'm waiting for it.
I am waiting for my TOM's Power Box which should be here the first week of March and then i will be taking the car back on the dyno for some comparison results.
Old 02-19-17, 07:35 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hambrabi

Ok so here we go after trying the TDI Tuning (Supposable best in EU) box for the IS200t, in short not to get into the ugly details just don't waste your money, it dose not work and the return process is painful.

Advise from another person looking into the same thing, wait till there are real tests done by real users and listen to experience, there is a very good reason why you are not finding enough test info on these boxes, coz these companies are still testing them and some of them decide to make money while testing
Old 02-20-17, 12:26 AM
specONE
Racer

Piggy backs are useless (I.e. vrtuned, etc. )
the Toyota ECU is too smart and whatever power gains initially felt will be countered and lost after some time when the ECU relearns itself.

ECU reflash is the way to go. (Up until recently it was un-doable but the gates are open and tuners are out there giving us something real)
Wait for tuners to unlock all potential of of the 200t motor (8AR-FTS) like they have been recently with the 2GR-FE and 2UR-GSE

Last edited by specONE; 02-20-17 at 12:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by specONE:
Nuke (02-20-17), Pacific13 (02-20-17)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune