Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-18, 07:34 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
With this tuning program it definitely needs time for R&D since the tables don't have any definite values . The boost table just has a bunch of numbers with no actual value such as psi or bar, so its hard to figure out what to add (kudos to Tony and TTi). He adjusted the fuel at certain areas, but then we were faced with another table that will re-adjust the changes, so in all theres a lot of protection/limitation on the stock ECU that avoids you from really getting those parameters locked in. With a bit more time and research he will be able to figure out the tables and then we will try it again. We had 3 hours on the dyno and made around 5-6 passes since most of the time was spent figuring out the tables and then writing the file. I did see a drop in torque with the de-catted down pipe, but it did pick up some power up top, also if you look at the runs they were all done at a higher rpm and our car makes peak torque really early in the rpm range. We did have a discussion that if we are unable to find a way around the limitations or get a better tuning program we will then try to do a custom tune with the BMS since it makes a lot of wtq and we will adjust the a/f ratio up top to help with peak whp.
Well it's a good start towards possibilities on our platfrom, but at least those who think there is "Hidden" power can now keep quiet for some time since clearly its not that simple.

I was discussing various things with Tony, and we came to a conclusion that EU version ROM like mine are producing more power than USDM and JDM, due to the fact that more tables are unlocked, could be because the creators of the master software are Russians and have EU ECU version so most of the R&D was done on it....God Knows but the fact that EU ROMs are making more power have been proven with my car and few others.

I disagree with the fact that your downpipe is a bad choice mine is literally a straight pipe and I have no Cat all the way to my Q300 and look at my TQ...one of my runs I got 299.2 WTQ.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (01-15-18)
Old 01-15-18, 07:50 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

You got it Nuke! The Euro ECU does have that huge advantage, hopefully soon there will be a way for us. I have faith in Tony lol. The reason why I said the catted seems to be better is due to the fact that with the BMS tune there was only a 2wtq difference between stock and de-catted, but I did pick up power up top since it’s free flowing. This engine seems to like the back pressure torque wise.
Old 01-15-18, 09:57 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

You got it Nuke! The Euro ECU does have that huge advantage, hopefully soon there will be a way for us. I have faith in Tony lol. The reason why I said the catted seems to be better is due to the fact that with the BMS tune there was only a 2wtq difference between stock and de-catted, but I did pick up power up top since it’s free flowing. This engine seems to like the back pressure torque wise.
Yup and Tony is working on something now to make ECU Versions work the same way...mind you my car scored higher than even Tony's :P
Old 01-15-18, 11:08 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Not to be condescending but we definitely have plenty of “hidden” power. It’s wishful thinking to think a tuner would pull out 100whp the first time around. Most companies are still trying to break the 10th gen fk8 ecu. I happen to completely disagree that EU’s ecu’s are different in terms of being more tunable. I’ve heard to many other excuses
Old 01-16-18, 04:37 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Not to be condescending but we definitely have plenty of “hidden” power. It’s wishful thinking to think a tuner would pull out 100whp the first time around. Most companies are still trying to break the 10th gen fk8 ecu. I happen to completely disagree that EU’s ecu’s are different in terms of being more tunable. I’ve heard to many other excuses
I mentioned this to my tuner as well and he did agree that the euro ECU can have unlocked table maps which can be adjusted. This tuning program just needs to be studied a bit more or maybe find a much better alternative because even to a tuner with over 20 years of experience he had some difficulty maneuvering around the tables. We are not making excuses let’s stop bashing on other people’s opinions. We are working together to figure this out, I would still like to see a dyno from your car with the BMS stacked tune, share some information with us!
Nuke (01-16-18)
Old 01-16-18, 05:40 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

I mentioned this to my tuner as well and he did agree that the euro ECU can have unlocked table maps which can be adjusted. This tuning program just needs to be studied a bit more or maybe find a much better alternative because even to a tuner with over 20 years of experience he had some difficulty maneuvering around the tables. We are not making excuses let’s stop bashing on other people’s opinions. We are working together to figure this out, I would still like to see a dyno from your car with the BMS stacked tune, share some information with us!
I think its a matter of R&D more than experience, I mean tuning in concept is the same with almost all cars but ROMs of cars is whats different, and lets not forget software support, take Evos and STIs from experiance they have allot of software support even free ones that has almost ALL tables u locked and explained (ECUflash), i think we will eventually get there but not soon this will take allot of time, and the public need to show more genune interest in order for these softwares to be developed and in order for tuners also to invest time understanding them.

No one is making excuses for why power difference between cars but rather we are trying to figure out what we know so far, in short I agree with you 100% about the opinion part but i hope we all agree

Last edited by Nuke; 01-16-18 at 07:00 PM.
Sheddy (01-16-18)
Old 01-16-18, 06:01 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I have uploaded my TTI Stage 2+ tune and will be waiting patiently to see what happens next.
Old 01-16-18, 06:36 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I have uploaded my TTI Stage 2+ tune and will be waiting patiently to see what happens next.
You may need to jump over to OV since they developed on a US ECU.
Old 01-16-18, 06:59 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loophole35
You may need to jump over to OV since they developed on a US ECU.
OV does have a very interesting product, but i'll wait to see if someone else can test. Spending close to $1000 on that is not in my budget lol.

I need to start a go fund me page for my testing.
Old 01-16-18, 11:39 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35
And it's available https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...t-is200t-turbo $959 which is a little over what I had hoped for but honestly they can charge that because they are the only ones to offer this type of product.
Very tempted to get this. Is there any dyno numbers posted here?
Old 01-16-18, 12:41 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Very tempted to get this. Is there any dyno numbers posted here?
No feedback from this product yet.
Old 01-16-18, 01:32 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

A comparison between a stock 8AR-FTS and the TRD TG20 SPEC B. You can see the size difference of the turbocharger.

Old 01-16-18, 03:53 PM
PATCHEZ
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

A comparison between a stock 8AR-FTS and the TRD TG20 SPEC B. You can see the size difference of the turbocharger.

That trd motor looks sexy and that turbo looks at least an 1/8 -1/4 biggerI do wonder what other modifications they did in general Could it be as simple as a bigger turbo and a decent tune from trd?
Old 01-16-18, 05:38 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Lol again this is my opinion. The turbo isn’t bigger. It’s the same turbo however it’s very obvious the trd turbo has more bore just before the compressor turbine. Giving more room to cram more air with bigger turbines/bore.
Old 01-16-18, 05:46 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

The Hybrid turbo TTi is working on is basically what TRD is doing with theirs. I would expect TTi to be a much cheaper option however TRd might cover it all under warranty. I wish I could find more info on it that way I can definitively say

Quick Reply: IS200t tune