Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-18, 11:33 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Your right the 4banger part makes the noise a bit of a scream rather than a nice tone, I have tried to do may things and the only thing I managed successfully was to increase it, but the tone remained the same.

The only way I see this playing out well is that manufacturers do a proper flow calculation and redesign an exhaust system just for our cars rather than for the whole IS series, and I don't see that happening and if it does it will be costly
Every 4cyl screams unfortunately. However I think our 4 resonators do a fantastic job at hushing our platform but it definitely brings us closer to sounding like a prius. I miss the exhaust notes back when I only had a muffler delete I thought it sounded really good, a lot better than have a straight pipe
Old 01-23-18, 12:39 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Every 4cyl screams unfortunately. However I think our 4 resonators do a fantastic job at hushing our platform but it definitely brings us closer to sounding like a prius. I miss the exhaust notes back when I only had a muffler delete I thought it sounded really good, a lot better than have a straight pipe
Just get you a circuit werks axleback exhaust for 500 bucks and its worth it trust me.
Old 01-23-18, 01:04 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
Just get you a circuit werks axleback exhaust for 500 bucks and its worth it trust me.

Circuit Werks
Old 01-23-18, 02:52 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sheddy

Circuit Werks
I bet it sounds pretty good with the resonators. Have you guys posted a rev video? If I rev repeatedly around 2-3k it sounds like I’m popping popcorn
Old 01-23-18, 03:16 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a JoeZ axleback with my resonators removed and it sounds pretty deep for a 4cyl especially compared to the straight pipe Set ups I’ve heard. I was thinking about also remvoing the secondary cats but I’m worried it will get too raspy

Anybody taken off the secondary cats?
Old 01-23-18, 03:30 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I bet it sounds pretty good with the resonators. Have you guys posted a rev video? If I rev repeatedly around 2-3k it sounds like I’m popping popcorn
It still does the same thing and it sounds deep mostly when boost kicks it backfires sometimes. overall good quality and designs for the money definitely worth getting.
Old 01-23-18, 06:34 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt
I have a JoeZ axleback with my resonators removed and it sounds pretty deep for a 4cyl especially compared to the straight pipe Set ups I’ve heard. I was thinking about also remvoing the secondary cats but I’m worried it will get too raspy

I actually have a straight pipe from the turbo all the way to my Invidia Q300

Originally Posted by daniellina
It still does the same thing and it sounds deep mostly when boost kicks it backfires sometimes. overall good quality and designs for the money definitely worth getting.
Ya I wish I had that option when I got my overpriced Invidia Q300, which provenly in my opinion doesn't sound that good on our car, except I have to say it does intimidate people when I open boost since it is VERY LOUD hehe, mind you on cruising the drone can kill ya if your annoyed by it, but my drone issue is because I have no resonators what so ever
Old 01-23-18, 09:37 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Miintt

That’s what I’m saying, it’s definitely got a deeper tone, resonators or not. There’s a slight possibility Yamaha had an influence on tuning the sound. I’m not saying Yamaha built our engine but they definitely did an amazing job with the LFA.If you wanna keep it inexpensive i don’t think it would be a bad idea modifying our stock downpipe. Our platform favors a bit of back pressure anyways. Bolt off the shield on the stock exhaust manifold, cut right after the o2 sensor and weld a 2.5-3” pipe all the way back. You might pick up 10whp
Old 01-23-18, 09:42 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Honestly if you’re going to cut into the downpipe then I would just cut the top flange and mid section with the o2 sensor, from there an exhaust shop should be able to weld together a turbo back downpipe removing both cats
Old 01-23-18, 11:46 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

I’m making over 300wtq myself thanks to the BMs, peaking 20 psi which is good for 300tq. Didn’t he hit 266whp 299wtq? Why wouldn’t they advertise those numbers instead. Must be a different map
BtW can we see a dyno?
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (01-24-18)
Old 01-24-18, 05:58 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

BtW can we see a dyno?

I had the F Sport Performance exhaust paired with a PPE de-catted down-pipe and OEM mid-pipe and it sounded great, but the price was ridiculous so i ended up selling it lol. Circuit Werks is a very well made and reasonably priced exhaust system i would highly recommend. I have a contact with the wholesaler if anyone is interested PM me.
Old 01-24-18, 06:23 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sheddy

I had the F Sport Performance exhaust paired with a PPE de-catted down-pipe and OEM mid-pipe and it sounded great, but the price was ridiculous so i ended up selling it lol. Circuit Werks is a very well made and reasonably priced exhaust system i would highly recommend. I have a contact with the wholesaler if anyone is interested PM me.
Am intrigued, but how much would it aprox cost to ship it to Dubai? Can u try to check
Old 01-24-18, 06:53 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Am intrigued, but how much would it aprox cost to ship it to Dubai? Can u try to check
I am not sure about international sales, but i can find out for you.
Old 01-24-18, 04:53 PM
PATCHEZ
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I’d love this axle back! I criiiii but I think the first exhaust mod if first cat delete lol
Old 01-25-18, 05:49 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

An axle back wouldn't give you any significant power gains since its mostly for sound, but an upgraded down-pipe has been proven to show gains of 8-10whp.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune