Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-18, 11:33 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by PATCHEZ
Cause isn’t the issue the boost block?
there have literally been a handful of excuses for not being able to produce more power. The handicapped’ USA ecu is the newest update. Stacking the piggyback ontop of the reflash gives you a better lower end but doesn’t do anything for the high end
Old 01-26-18, 12:16 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Someone please find this badass fat guy

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 01-26-18 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-26-18, 04:21 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL

That’s great sheddy you can call it negativity all you want. I’m just trying to push the agenda

I’ve been pushing the agenda since I created this thread in 2015. We’ve made some progress, slow, but still moving.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
Nuke (01-26-18), Zahabriel (01-26-18)
Old 01-26-18, 08:35 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy

I can’t deal with the negativity man. I understand your frustration since you have already bought 2 different re-flash tunes and now a BMS piggyback. Seeing what is to come with the TG20 I am excited about the 8AR future. My car is way more fun to drive than when it was stock, I do agree that with our current mods we should see gains like Nuke (260whp 290wtq), so let’s see what happens next.

I feel your enthusiasm but it's also good to be honest about these things since people are spending real money here--newcomers who really want to know whats up and not get false hopes. Lexus has it locked down pretty good and there's some hardware bottlenecks.

Look forward to your endeavors of more power but -- Just enjoy our cars for what they are as they are already fun/quick cars straight out of the box -- that's the real positivity here =)
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (01-26-18)
Old 01-26-18, 09:25 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT
I feel your enthusiasm but it's also good to be honest about these things since people are spending real money here--newcomers who really want to know whats up and not get false hopes. Lexus has it locked down pretty good and there's some hardware bottlenecks.

Look forward to your endeavors of more power but -- Just enjoy our cars for what they are as they are already fun/quick cars straight out of the box -- that's the real positivity here =)
I totally understand, but we have seen power gains with power boxes and re-flashes, so its not a total waste. There's only a handful of people on here who have actually spent money on these tunes and i sure did spend a lot time on researching and dyno testing to inform the community. We do have a member with FBO and TTI Stage 2+ tune that made ~260whp 290whp and that's a really big improvement, so we are seeing progress!
Old 01-26-18, 11:13 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

I’ve been pushing the agenda since I created this thread in 2015. We’ve made some progress, slow, but still moving.
Sheddy it’s not a competition. You realize here in the USA we’ve only seen 10whp from the tunes. Bolt ons as a whole are producing more hp than the actual tunes. Sounds pretty stagnant to me, expecially two years later. So our handicapped USA was the newest update discovered only 2 weeks ago. If that’s true then damn lol’ that took forever to figure out. Maybe we can buy the UK ecu, however it appears the Lexus part guys can’t see a different ecu overseas. They believe it’s all the same and asked why Lexus would lexus even do such a thing. The only thing they could tell me is the programming difference between a nx/is. TTI seems pretty confident about the matter and I believe he will find a fix, hopefully sooner rather than later. Further more I’m not trying to decredit anyone’s information. I’m just trying to researching the information I was given. Love u
Sheddy (01-26-18)
Old 01-26-18, 11:33 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

And we are still waiting for the 350wtq dyno chart ��
Old 01-26-18, 11:44 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nuke
And we are still waiting for the 350wtq dyno chart ��
If I was you I would kick and scream for 350wtq. Expecially if he cracked your ecu, what’s stopping him from going further than 290wtq, another handicap? Even the smallest turbos can peak +20psi and create 350wtq. Small turbos can’t hold boost (hp) but they can definitely peak 20-24psi (tq)

Old 01-26-18, 11:51 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Kicking and screaming is not my thing...patience is a virtue , plus i know first hand how complex our ecu roms are, there is a lock that is not allowing us to boost further, and its a map lock due to limitations from the tuning softwares available for our platform, i know for a fact you wont take that into consideration but am here to share what i know for thoes who care to know.

i have already mentioned that my ecu is not unlocked by any means, and there is no physical difference in ecus of us and eu its just the ROM is not the same it is indeed different including the maps, refer back to old pages when my car was not makin boost, that was when TTI didnt know there was big difference in maps.

lasty i was referred to your dyno chart since u mentioned few times that your making 350wtq
Sheddy (01-26-18)
Old 01-26-18, 12:03 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

sorry for going off topic!

Last edited by Sheddy; 01-26-18 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-26-18, 02:00 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Sheddy it’s not a competition. You realize here in the USA we’ve only seen 10whp from the tunes. Bolt ons as a whole are producing more hp than the actual tunes. Sounds pretty stagnant to me, expecially two years later. So our handicapped USA was the newest update discovered only 2 weeks ago. If that’s true then damn lol’ that took forever to figure out. Maybe we can buy the UK ecu, however it appears the Lexus part guys can’t see a different ecu overseas. They believe it’s all the same and asked why Lexus would lexus even do such a thing. The only thing they could tell me is the programming difference between a nx/is. TTI seems pretty confident about the matter and I believe he will find a fix, hopefully sooner rather than later. Further more I’m not trying to decredit anyone’s information. I’m just trying to researching the information I was given. Love u

Thanks for the love lol. I totally get what you're saying. The reason why i do believe this claim is that when i was there with the tuner he showed me and explained the adjustments that were done on the tables and every time we made a change and ran the car the results were the same. He himself was confused by it, and i told him that Tony mentioned ECU limitations and he agreed that it can be a possibility. He is still interested in tuning my car, but needs time to do some more research.
IS200TFOWL (01-26-18)
Old 01-26-18, 02:10 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Kicking and screaming is not my thing...patience is a virtue , plus i know first hand how complex our ecu roms are, there is a lock that is not allowing us to boost further, and its a map lock due to limitations from the tuning softwares available for our platform, i know for a fact you wont take that into consideration but am here to share what i know for thoes who care to know.

i have already mentioned that my ecu is not unlocked by any means, and there is no physical difference in ecus of us and eu its just the ROM is not the same it is indeed different including the maps, refer back to old pages when my car was not makin boost, that was when TTI didnt know there was big difference in maps.

lasty i was referred to your dyno chart since u mentioned few times that your making 350wtq
You don’t need to be so condescending. What’s wrong with you? I never said I hit 350wtq, show me saying I hit 350wtq once and I’ll transfer you $100. What are you trying to prove? This forum is so congested we should just trash it and start over. It sounds like the issue is that the tuning software is limiting us, it’s up to TTI or any tuner’ for that matter to crack it. That’s they’re job. That makes a lot more sense than Lexus randomly giving the EU a more applicable Ecu. Nuke your best reading was 299wtq. Is that the same map you have now?
Old 01-26-18, 02:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Getting personal in here. Knock if off or do not post.
The following 4 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
imyang (01-28-18), IS200TFOWL (01-26-18), Nuke (01-26-18), Sheddy (01-27-18)
Old 01-26-18, 08:05 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

You don’t need to be so condescending. What’s wrong with you? I never said I hit 350wtq, show me saying I hit 350wtq once and I’ll transfer you $100. What are you trying to prove? This forum is so congested we should just trash it and start over. It sounds like the issue is that the tuning software is limiting us, it’s up to TTI or any tuner’ for that matter to crack it. That’s they’re job. That makes a lot more sense than Lexus randomly giving the EU a more applicable Ecu. Nuke your best reading was 299wtq. Is that the same map you have now?
Yes I still have the same MAP and it rides amazing, and in my opinion we should give all the tuners the support they need to crack it rather than complain about it, Sheddy is actually doing that he is testing various maps in efforts to help crack this, hell am not US ROM version and am helping on that too, what am trying to say is kinda similar to what Dave is saying but on a larger scale, if you don’t have a supporting comment or a genune question better not post, and trust me am not talking about TTI here am talking all posts in general.

i bet you if you start to make your questions more constructive and less aggressive, you would get a response from these tuners even here on the forum

I’m making over 300wtq myself thanks to the BMs, peaking 20 psi which is good for 300tq. Didn’t he hit 266whp 299wtq? Why wouldn’t they advertise those numbers instead. Must be a different map
was referring to this dyno chart sorry didn’t mean 350 but rather 300

and they are not advertising these numbers coz 95% of their customers are US based and they haven’t found a way to unlock the same maps yet
Old 01-26-18, 10:36 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Yes I still have the same MAP and it rides amazing, and in my opinion we should give all the tuners the support they need to crack it rather than complain about it, Sheddy is actually doing that he is testing various maps in efforts to help crack this, hell am not US ROM version and am helping on that too, what am trying to say is kinda similar to what Dave is saying but on a larger scale, if you don’t have a supporting comment or a genune question better not post, and trust me am not talking about TTI here am talking all posts in general.

i bet you if you start to make your questions more constructive and less aggressive, you would get a response from these tuners even here on the forum

was referring to this dyno chart sorry didn’t mean 350 but rather 300

and they are not advertising these numbers coz 95% of their customers are US based and they haven’t found a way to unlock the same maps yet
I hope you don’t detour clubmembers or future club members from wanting to ask questions or help. Whats so aggressive about pointing out we’ve only gained 10whp here in the last two years, you’re taking it personal and I don’t think it’s your place. It’s not completely irrational to bring it up. It’s clear we can’t communicate without conflict so let’s not

Quick Reply: IS200t tune