Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-18, 08:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,261 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Getting personal in here. Knock if off or do not post.
Dropping another reminder. I don't want to close this thread or boot people from it.
The following 2 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
IS200TFOWL (01-29-18), Sheddy (01-29-18)
Old 01-29-18, 08:59 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
For the stock turbo Nuke's numbers are what one would expect for the bolt ons being realistic with our turbo capacity. To us that would be a little more because we do dynojet. so after that obviously next step would be the hybrid turbo upgrade.
I'm looking more and more at his dyno graph and coming to a conclusion that something is up with the dyno. The boost starts dropping off a bit earlier than usual and the same is noticed with the AFR change over that we all see on other dyno's with the same tune. I think the dyno is graphing about 200-250RPM behind and that could cause the HP equation to incorrectly display the output. Not sure on this but would like to see Nuke's car on a Dynojet.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (01-29-18)
Old 01-29-18, 10:04 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35
I'm looking more and more at his dyno graph and coming to a conclusion that something is up with the dyno. The boost starts dropping off a bit earlier than usual and the same is noticed with the AFR change over that we all see on other dyno's with the same tune. I think the dyno is graphing about 200-250RPM behind and that could cause the HP equation to incorrectly display the output. Not sure on this but would like to see Nuke's car on a Dynojet.
I thought the same. These were my best dyno results so far with the TTI re-flash tune. Stage 2 was done with a K&N drop in filter, HPS intake tube and SPOWER catted down-pipe. We didn't see much peak WHP , but definitely gained under the curve throughout the power band.
Old 01-29-18, 10:06 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
What we are questioning is why club member Nuke with Stage 2+, stock turbo and FBO was able to achieve 260whp 290wtq on a Mustang dyno and we didn't come close to those results.
maybe that dyno wasn't accurate. good for showing before and after mod differential results but not for actual final numbers?

Last edited by gbgary; 01-29-18 at 10:09 AM.
Sheddy (01-29-18)
Old 01-29-18, 10:13 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Yea, its only so much we can get from the OEM spec turbo. Im guessing you're on the Stage 3 waiting list? lol

everything is possible, will try to get another dyno dome althought it’s costly over here but i guess its worth it
Old 01-29-18, 10:32 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gbgary
maybe that dyno wasn't accurate. good for showing before and after mod differential results but not for actual final numbers?
Could be a possibility.

Originally Posted by Nuke

everything is possible, will try to get another dyno dome althought it’s costly over here but i guess its worth it
We can start a "go fund me" page for dyno testing.
The dyno is probably worn out and loose from all the supercar testing in Dubai. j/k!
Old 01-29-18, 11:28 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nuke

Yeah bro not questioning your integrity or anything with that post just throwing out possibility that it's not the most accurate representation. I have no doubt that your car feels really good right now.

BTW any 16 owners notice if they can in stock tune not reach 15-16PSI unless in sport? My 17 only gets 14PSI max in normal driving mode but 16 PSI in sport. Now if I put the car in dyno mode its a whole different animal.
Old 01-29-18, 11:39 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah bro not questioning your integrity or anything with that post just throwing out possibility that it's not the most accurate representation. I have no doubt that your car feels really good right now.

BTW any 16 owners notice if they can in stock tune not reach 15-16PSI unless in sport? My 17 only gets 14PSI max in normal driving mode but 16 PSI in sport. Now if I put the car in dyno mode its a whole different animal.
What do you mean by dyno mode? trac off and sport mode?
Old 01-29-18, 11:48 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,261 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Nuke, what's the octane rating on the fuel you get? And assume it's 'pure' as in no ethanol?
Old 01-29-18, 12:04 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by daniellina
What do you mean by dyno mode? trac off and sport mode?
Hold the "trac off" button down for like 5 seconds. It shuts off: TRAC, VSC, PCS and a few other "safety" features. Basically makes it a real car.

Just pressing the "trac off" only disables TRAC partially. There is another way to do it at startup with the brake and emergency brake but I forgot the sequence now. (Used to do this when I would drag race my 2011 IS350)
daniellina (01-29-18)
Old 01-29-18, 12:16 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Hold the "trac off" button down for like 5 seconds. It shuts off: TRAC, VSC, PCS and a few other "safety" features. Basically makes it a real car.

Just pressing the "trac off" only disables TRAC partially. There is another way to do it at startup with the brake and emergency brake but I forgot the sequence now. (Used to do this when I would drag race my 2011 IS350)
I've never seen a difference in boost reading when in SPORT/ TRAC off mode (Dyno mode). We do get to bounce off the rev limiter in manual mode and i found out on my last dyno session that if in automatic the car won't shift for itself. It needs to register front wheel motion or something.
Old 01-29-18, 12:19 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

I've never seen a difference in boost reading when in SPORT/ TRAC off mode (Dyno mode). We do get to bounce off the rev limiter in manual mode and i found out on my last dyno session that if in automatic the car won't shift for itself. I guess it needs to register front wheel motion or something.
I talking about I only get 14PSI in normal mode but if I switch to SPORT I will get 16PSI. At least that is what my boost gauge on the dash is showing me. I have not tried it in 'dyno mode" and normal. Every time I do it I'm playing around in SPORT. I will try it in NORMAL on the way home from work today.
Old 01-29-18, 12:24 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I talking about I only get 14PSI in normal mode but if I switch to SPORT I will get 16PSI. At least that is what my boost gauge on the dash is showing me. I have not tried it in 'dyno mode" and normal. Every time I do it I'm playing around in SPORT. I will try it in NORMAL on the way home from work today.
Oh ok, yea i haven't experienced any difference in boost readings from those modes. I mostly do my videos on normal mode as well. This was Stage 2+
Old 01-29-18, 12:28 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

Oh ok, yea i haven't experienced any difference in boost readings from those modes. I mostly do my videos on normal mode as well. This was Stage 2+
Yeah well you have a tune so they probably over wrote your normal and sport mode that’s what most tunes do. I was just wondering if what I’m experiencing is from 2017 and on or if the 2016 did it too.

BTW: Your 200t looks like it would have beaten my 2GIS350.

Last edited by loophole35; 01-29-18 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-29-18, 12:44 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Yeah well you have a tune so they probably over wrote your normal and sport mode that’s what most tunes do. I was just wondering if what I’m experiencing is from 2017 and on or if the 2016 did it too.
BTW: Your 200t looks like it would have beaten my 2GIS350.

The 2nd Gen IS350's are quick. I am definitely making more power out the hole, but that V6 would catch up. That's why we need that limitation issue fixed, i'll be happy knowing that i can beat them.

Last edited by Sheddy; 01-29-18 at 12:47 PM.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune