Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-18, 06:17 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
The OEM mid-pipe and axle back has decent flow, but the down-pipe is the major restriction. When Daniel and i compared our results he had a slight power increase with his full turbo back exhaust, but like you said drive-ability wise it probably felt a lot more responsive for sure.
Sheddy, which downpipe would you recommend that doesn't have a loud drone?
Old 02-09-18, 06:36 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Very nice! I do like the addition of the flex pipe on there.
The flex pipe is a nice touch but not necessary for our cars the flex point back at the axle is more than enough. The flex joint may cause more flow resistance, it also adds in a failure point.
Old 02-09-18, 06:44 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Sheddy, which downpipe would you recommend that doesn't have a loud drone?
I've had a TTI sport catalyst and now PPE de-catted and honestly they both sound the same. Theres no drone once you are running the stock mid-pipe and axle back, but there's more engine sound (slight rasp) at warm up and low rpm. Overall its still pretty quiet and the power gains are definately worth it. Now according to your state's smog laws, some may require you to have a catalytic converter.

PPE
PPE engineering de-catted down pipe with OEM exhaust system.
TTI w/ sport cat
​​​​​​​

Originally Posted by loophole35
The flex pipe is a nice touch but not necessary for our cars the flex point back at the axle is more than enough. The flex joint may cause more flow resistance, it also adds in a failure point.
I agree, it sure will help making installation easier since i had to use a floor jack to line up the flange to the stock midpipe..lol.

Last edited by Sheddy; 02-09-18 at 06:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (02-10-18)
Old 02-09-18, 11:32 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Hey Guys,

so I have been asked and PMed regarding the use or benefits of the Turbo Muffler Delete, here is a small simplified illustration for the benefit

OEM
OEM split in half

OEM split in half

Air flow of OEM disturbance

Upgraded Turbo muffler delete
TTI’s Turbo Muffler Delete

Air flow without any disturbance

i hope this clears the confusion

The following 2 users liked this post by Nuke:
imyang (02-10-18), Sheddy (02-10-18)
Old 02-10-18, 09:14 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

HPS intake tube back on.
Old 02-11-18, 05:56 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

The HPS is definitely on my list. Got my wheels and tires Friday just gotta swap the TPMS sensors. Hope they don’t rub as the tires are RC F-sport sizes (they were free).
Old 02-11-18, 06:04 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

MY AFE airbox and tube oh yaaaa TTi turbo Muffler delete too!!

Old 02-11-18, 06:30 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
MY AFE airbox and tube oh yaaaa TTi turbo Muffler delete too!!

thats really sexy....i wont ask about the cost
Old 02-11-18, 06:40 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

but i think HPS intake tube is taking advantage because silicone is definately has cooler air compare to
full alluminium which has heat soak issue... idk if HPS intake tube available for rc200t as well ?

but my AFe has carbon wraped hopefully it helps to protect some heat from the engine bay and
heat soak issue
Old 02-11-18, 08:10 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke

thats really sexy....i wont ask about the cost
Lol right! It looks great Z. The HPS tube will work on the RC as well. When comparing the silicone to the aluminum I don’t think there’s a huge difference in power because the air would be warm again once it hits the turbo, so we have to rely on the intercooler to keep the intake temperatures down. They should both be better flowing than the stock ABS plastic intake tube.

@loophole- Good stuff, what kind of wheels did you go with?
Old 02-11-18, 11:55 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

@loophole- Good stuff, what kind of wheels did you go with?

They are a mostly unknown company that went out of business about 8 years ago. The made OEM quality and fit wheels (IE it fits the hub perfect no centering ring and uses OEM lug nuts and center caps). The name is Forge Tech. I had a set for my 2G IS350 and kept them later putting them on my 14 IS250. I sold my set but knew someone who had a set from his 2G 350. They are 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.

I'll post better pictures later this week when they are mounted and on the car.
Here are the wheels on my old 2G.

Last edited by loophole35; 02-11-18 at 12:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PATCHEZ (02-14-18)
Old 02-11-18, 02:46 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loophole35

They are a mostly unknown company that went out of business about 8 years ago. The made OEM quality and fit wheels (IE it fits the hub perfect no centering ring and uses OEM lug nuts and center caps). The name is Forge Tech. I had a set for my 2G IS350 and kept them later putting them on my 14 IS250. I sold my set but knew someone who had a set from his 2G 350. They are 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.

I'll post better pictures later this week when they are mounted and on the car.
Here are the wheels on my old 2G.
They look good! Definitely post some pictures once you get them installed.
Old 02-11-18, 08:45 PM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh lort I just read through the majority of this thread. If I can say one thing it is that I am even more confused now than when I started lol. When my husband and I crossed over to Lexus land in 2013 we had just come from 10+ years of Subaru experience under our belts. Tuning for those obviously is as easy as a Cobb Accessport and a dyno tune. BAM done. After reading through this thread (which I already knew) these platforms are not as easy.

Sheddy I saw you praise the BMS Stage 1 box.....which I was excited about since I already bought it. But then as I read on further I saw that you and a few others have switched over to the TTI Stage 2+ and now I am wondering if I made a mistake......especially after seeing Nukes dyno results holy cow.

I have an Injen intake and from the stock DP back is straight pipe with 2 Vibrant resonators inline. I will be adding a PPE catless DP in the future also. So now I ask, with the few bolt ons I have, which route should I go? TTI or BMS? Please say BMS as I already have it coming LOL just kidding! But seriously, I just am looking to get as much as I can out of this motor/turbo...safely obviously. I don't want to hear the whole crap about if you wanted power you should have bought something else.....no crap. If I wanted power I WOULD have bought something else or shoot I would have just kept my husbands F when he sold it. I have had the 200t now for a little over a year and I can't wait to see what it can do.
Old 02-11-18, 09:16 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SubieChik
Oh lort I just read through the majority of this thread. If I can say one thing it is that I am even more confused now than when I started lol. When my husband and I crossed over to Lexus land in 2013 we had just come from 10+ years of Subaru experience under our belts. Tuning for those obviously is as easy as a Cobb Accessport and a dyno tune. BAM done. After reading through this thread (which I already knew) these platforms are not as easy.

Sheddy I saw you praise the BMS Stage 1 box.....which I was excited about since I already bought it. But then as I read on further I saw that you and a few others have switched over to the TTI Stage 2+ and now I am wondering if I made a mistake......especially after seeing Nukes dyno results holy cow.

I have an Injen intake and from the stock DP back is straight pipe with 2 Vibrant resonators inline. I will be adding a PPE catless DP in the future also. So now I ask, with the few bolt ons I have, which route should I go? TTI or BMS? Please say BMS as I already have it coming LOL just kidding! But seriously, I just am looking to get as much as I can out of this motor/turbo...safely obviously. I don't want to hear the whole crap about if you wanted power you should have bought something else.....no crap. If I wanted power I WOULD have bought something else or shoot I would have just kept my husbands F when he sold it. I have had the 200t now for a little over a year and I can't wait to see what it can do.
Hey Buddy

Okay in my opinion since you have your BMS on the way plug it and enjoy the car for sometime, and once you realize you want more switch to TTI and sell your BMS since so many guys here in the forum would buy it from you in a blink , BMS is a very nice upgrade in my opinion and has its own advantages and from my point of view both ways are good enough to make you happey

If your car is leased or your thinking of changing it stick to BMS since removing it and stocking the car is very easy and you can sell it immediately, however if you own the car or planning to keep it for a long period of time then plan your way to move to TTI's tune since it will even have further enhancements in the future

Nuke
The following 3 users liked this post by Nuke:
PATCHEZ (02-14-18), Sheddy (02-12-18), SubieChik (02-11-18)
Old 02-11-18, 09:41 PM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks so much for the reply. I was thinking I would be impatient and want the TTI ASAP but honestly after driving the car almost stock for over a year anything will make the butt dyno happy I'm sure! lol

Quick Reply: IS200t tune