Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-18, 03:09 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
lol valid point of view but I think they added it just to have more "modification" to justify the price tag and changing the radiator is not a big deal since so many options for even coolants are out there that will outperform the stock
I believe the inercooler radiator is sandwiched between the condenser and engine radiator. So upgrading it may be more difficult that you think.
Old 02-13-18, 04:13 AM
808NXF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35

I believe the inercooler radiator is sandwiched between the condenser and engine radiator. So upgrading it may be more difficult that you think.
Not sure about you IS guys, but the NX has tons of room behind the grill. I say add an upgraded heat exchanger in front of the radiator and leave the stock IC heat exchanger in place. Use the stock heat exchanger solely for cooling the turbo and the upgraded heat exchanger can be dedicated to an upgraded intercooler. Frozenboost.com has pretty good looking kits that hold large volumes of coolant and come with the very reliable and high performing Bosch Cobra (used in factory supercharged Ford Mustangs).

I plan on picking up one of their kits, fabbing a custom charge pipe+intercooler to throttle body pipe and boring the throttle body to create a consistent 2.5” plenum. I understand larger tubing might cause a slight pressure drop for now but I also don’t plan on keeping the turbo stock once tuning progresses.
Old 02-13-18, 05:12 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 808NXF

Not sure about you IS guys, but the NX has tons of room behind the grill. I say add an upgraded heat exchanger in front of the radiator and leave the stock IC heat exchanger in place. Use the stock heat exchanger solely for cooling the turbo and the upgraded heat exchanger can be dedicated to an upgraded intercooler. Frozenboost.com has pretty good looking kits that hold large volumes of coolant and come with the very reliable and high performing Bosch Cobra (used in factory supercharged Ford Mustangs).

I plan on picking up one of their kits, fabbing a custom charge pipe+intercooler to throttle body pipe and boring the throttle body to create a consistent 2.5” plenum. I understand larger tubing might cause a slight pressure drop for now but I also don’t plan on keeping the turbo stock once tuning progresses.
As short as our charge piping is on all 8AR’s increases in pipe diameter may not effect us at all. I was looking at the intercoolers on there and it’s might be able to do an upgrade on our cars using parts like this.
Old 02-13-18, 06:06 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

TTI is already working on something and a relocation is even an option
Old 02-13-18, 06:06 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by 808NXF

Great find! We do have a lot of space up front for an upgraded heat exchanger we can just get the intercooler coolant lines re-routed to it.

Stock

Last edited by Sheddy; 02-13-18 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-13-18, 06:47 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

This may be able to be used as an upgraded intercooler as well.

But there is no reason to do this as of now. When we get turbo upgrades then the intercooler upgrades will be explored.
Old 02-13-18, 06:59 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

But there is no reason to do this as of now. When we get turbo upgrades then the intercooler upgrades will be explored.
Thats for sure!
Old 02-13-18, 07:30 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

i keep extracting more infomstion from here .... for my mega project ..hehehe
Old 02-13-18, 07:34 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
i keep extracting more information from here .... for my mega project ..hehehe
Since you are going with the TTI hybird turbo then i would look into upgrading the heat exchange eventually.
Old 02-13-18, 07:39 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Since you are going with the TTI hybird turbo then i would look into upgrading the heat exchange eventually.
Whatever u do or gonna do if I can smell of the power i will get it yaaa we re power seeker
Old 02-13-18, 08:06 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Whatever u do or gonna do if I can smell of the power i will get it yaaa we re power seeker
lol, i have no intentions of major upgrading anytime soon. I am just looking to get the max from the stock turbo for now.
Old 02-13-18, 08:10 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sheddy
lol, i have no intentions of major upgrading anytime soon. I am just looking to get the max from the stock turbo for now.
visit my world sometime sheddy lol the world of headache
today the garage called me i was told that the F engine oil cooler
couldnt be placed as there’s not enough space the space has been taken by
the washer water tank so i will need to order the F washer water tank and etc....
real headache
Old 02-13-18, 09:54 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

visit my world sometime sheddy lol the world of headache
today the garage called me i was told that the F engine oil cooler
couldnt be placed as there’s not enough space the space has been taken by
the washer water tank so i will need to order the F washer water tank and etc....
real headache

Wow, you're going all out on this project Z. I understand you want to keep everything mostly OEM, but an aftermarket oil cooler would of been a lot cheaper in this case. It's awesome that you are adding all these performance parts, but until i see the results i wont bother with all these added modifications, just my opinion.
Old 02-13-18, 11:03 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

@Sheddy

Here are some pictures of the wheels on the car. It’s raining up here in north Florida so forgive the bad shots.
The RC F-sport tire don’t rub at stock hight hope they don’t when lowered.

The following users liked this post:
PATCHEZ (02-14-18)
Old 02-13-18, 11:41 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

@Sheddy

Here are some pictures of the wheels on the car. It’s raining up here in north Florida so forgive the bad shots.
The RC F-sport tire don’t rub at stock hight hope they don’t when lowered.

Looks clean! What springs are you going with? I do like the fact that there's rim protection with those tires.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune