Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-18, 09:27 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by IStnr
I'm having trouble making sense of the lower a/f with the new pipe. Were there any driving cycles or adaption resets between the two dynos?
These we’re done several months apart since it was the addition of a downpipe. Yes, there is a dip in the afr, I am not exactly sure why because the BMS uses the stock ECU to map. This could just be an issue with my car, but this was just a comparison of the 2 dyno runs.

Last edited by Sheddy; 02-18-18 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-19-18, 12:57 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by PATCHEZ

bone stock I don’t even have tints yet ... lol hating it
loooool go TTI stage 1 and build on it, or BMS and stick to it
Old 02-19-18, 02:56 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Since wrapping my intercooler with DEI gold heat reflective tape is a lot more difficult than I expected, I’ve decided to wrap my turbo muffler delete (TMD) instead since it does get direct heat from below. Even though I doubt it’s making any significant effect it is a lot cooler to the touch and also looks cooler.
Old 02-19-18, 05:02 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SubieChik
oh and that BMS tune is absolutely great! Definitely put a smile on my face tonight with the cooler weather.
the most bang for the buck...so far.
Old 02-19-18, 05:14 PM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gbgary
the most bang for the buck...so far.
I definitely agree!
Old 02-19-18, 05:56 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I am glad you all are enjoying it! If we cannot find a way around the ECU limitations with the re-flash then I am highly motivated to get a customized tune with the addition of the BMS. This way I can improve the throttle delay and get some custom tuning to get max performance.
Old 02-19-18, 05:59 PM
IStnr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy

These we’re done several months apart since it was the addition of a downpipe. Yes, there is a dip in the afr, I am not exactly sure why because the BMS uses the stock ECU to map. This could just be an issue with my car, but this was just a comparison of the 2 dyno runs.

My point was that the a/f deviation probably played a part in your results, especially above 5000, so it's not the greatest comparison. I don't know enough about what the ECU and/or BMS is doing to determine if the downpipe change could have instigated the extra rich condition (seems unlikely though).
Old 02-19-18, 06:09 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IStnr
My point was that the a/f deviation probably played a part in your results, especially above 5000, so it's not the greatest comparison. I don't know enough about what the ECU and/or BMS is doing to determine if the downpipe change could have instigated the extra rich condition (seems unlikely though).
I agree that it not the best comparison, but we can still see that the down pipe does increase performance. This was a video review done by HP logic on a fellow members RC200T with a down pipe.
Old 02-19-18, 08:46 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

I am glad you all are enjoying it! If we cannot find a way around the ECU limitations with the re-flash then I am highly motivated to get a customized tune with the addition of the BMS. This way I can improve the throttle delay and get some custom tuning to get max performance.
i agree but I think we are just starting and the platform is very young, with the Supra coming into play more tuners and companies will start working on Toyota ECUs which will improve our experience platform as a side effect, also 200t it self is building more and more fanbase so just give it some time
Old 02-19-18, 08:56 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke

i agree but I think we are just starting and the platform is very young, with the Supra coming into play more tuners and companies will start working on Toyota ECUs which will improve our experience platform as a side effect, also 200t it self is building more and more fanbase so just give it some time
I know, I’ve been pretty patient with the process. Maybe I should look into getting the Supra next! Lol It should be a BMW straight 6 turbocharged engine that’s in their (340i) and Burger Tuning already has a JB4 program for it.

Old 02-19-18, 09:08 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

I know, I’ve been pretty patient with the process. Maybe I should look into getting the Supra next! Lol It should be a BMW straight 6 turbocharged engine that’s in their (340i) and Burger Tuning already has a JB4 program for it.

looooooool I hope that BMW ***** is not real or else the supra should have stayed dead
Old 02-19-18, 09:28 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke
looooooool I hope that BMW ***** is not real or else the supra should have stayed dead
lol I can’t rule out that possibility since it’s sharing the same platform as the new BMW Z4. According to reports the power output is a tad bit more than the B58 inline 6 turbo motor, but I doubt Toyota developed a new generation 2JZ. I am waiting to see if they are really going to have the 4 cylinder option and what motor they go with.
Old 02-19-18, 10:09 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

lol I can’t rule out that possibility since it’s sharing the same platform as the new BMW Z4. According to reports the power output is a tad bit more than the B58 inline 6 turbo motor, but I doubt Toyota developed a new generation 2JZ. I am waiting to see if they are really going to have the 4 cylinder option and what motor they go with.
fingers and toes crossed
Old 02-20-18, 09:25 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

uummm...this!
Old 02-20-18, 10:35 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

This Blitz Power Thro is both a tuning box and throttle controller. I am unable to find a US dealer that has it to do some testing, but this is a pretty good combination. I doubt the Blitz would be as good as the BMS though.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune