Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-18, 07:50 AM
PATCHEZ
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ahhhhh I thought you were talking about a part lmfao
Old 02-26-18, 01:09 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,152 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by 808NXF
https://youtu.be/OxTlE1jSjOU

Bad news guys, engine codes have been posted and it doesn't look like the new Supra engine will be using our 8AR platform. Not sure how credible his information is, nonetheless, this video was pretty interesting.
How is that bad news? It will be using the vastly superior 30i and 40i BMW engines. That's a mega monster upgrade if there ever was one. With the 30i new Supra--You can flip your hat around out of the box and brush your hair back and be faster than any 8AR with the strongest mods.

I wonder if this means the next IS would also share BMW engines? Last I heard Toyota was working on their own TT V6... but maybe they're not done developing yet and for now will be using BMW engines? Putting the 8AR in the Supra (what's supposed to be a performance icon) would be a mistake.

Great engine for commuting and fuel economy, but not so good for performance. Toyota has the 8AR on deck but is apparently choosing BMW for their engines given the engine codes posted in the video. Interesting!
Old 02-26-18, 01:11 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
How is that bad news? It will be using the vastly superior 30i and 40i BMW engines. That's a mega monster upgrade if there ever was one. With the 30i new Supra--You can flip your hat around out of the box and brush your hair back and be faster than any 8AR with the strongest mods.

I wonder if this means the next IS would also share BMW engines? Last I heard Toyota was working on their own TT V6... but maybe they're not done developing yet and for now will be using BMW engines? Putting the 8AR in the Supra (what's supposed to be a performance icon) would be a mistake.

Great engine for commuting and fuel economy, but not so good for performance. Toyota has the 8AR on deck but is apparently choosing BMW for their engines given the engine codes posted in the video. Interesting!
It’s bad new for us 200T owners because it’s likely we would have had greater aftermarket support if the new supra used our engine
The following users liked this post:
808NXF (02-26-18)
Old 02-26-18, 01:18 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt

It’s bad new for us 200T owners because it’s likely we would have had greater aftermarket support if the new supra used our engine
Exactly! We still have the TRD TG20 to keep the 8AR hope alive.

The new Supra with the BMW B58 engine (inline 6 single turbo) looks very promising. If the price is right (40-50k) i will part ways with my 200t.
With a BMS tune that motor can make 379WHP and with the addition of an intake and down pipe 395WHP.

Last edited by Sheddy; 02-26-18 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-26-18, 02:02 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Twin Turbo engine is out in the LS500
Old 02-26-18, 02:45 PM
808NXF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt

E46CT, I don't disagree with you, both of those engines are very capable with decent fuel economy to boot. But what Miintt said is exactly correct, had the new Supra come with an 8AR, it would almost guarantee that we would see true breakthrough in both hardware and software development. My wishful thinking was purely selfish since we would benefit greatly from those advancements.
Old 02-26-18, 06:32 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Guys we are missing the point...the fact that a JDM has a German piece of **** under the hood is crappy news, the pathetic fact that Toyota took 15 years and to revive an iconic car, and instead of investing into something worth saying wow to just like how Nissan did with the GTR, they opted to put crappy engineering under the hood....we only have a German valve regulator in our 200ts and we have to replace it every 10k if we are lucky, so imagine if you have a whole bunch of mechanics/electronics and other parts from there

Adding to that I personally had a bad experience with Mixed technology, I had an Evo X SST and the gear of that car is made in Germany, and MY GOD how much trouble I had with that gear and as oppose to the GSR manual gear made by Mitsubishi, I am not trying to Diss German tech I just think it should stay inside Germany and Europe where it seems to like the weather and work with no or minimal issues.

Nuke
Old 02-26-18, 06:37 PM
PATCHEZ
Driver

I’m with nuke... we MUST keep the breed pure. No survivors...
Old 02-26-18, 06:45 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke
Guys we are missing the point...the fact that a JDM has a German piece of **** under the hood is crappy news, the pathetic fact that Toyota took 15 years and to revive an iconic car, and instead of investing into something worth saying wow to just like how Nissan did with the GTR, they opted to put crappy engineering under the hood....we only have a German valve regulator in our 200ts and we have to replace it every 10k if we are lucky, so imagine if you have a whole bunch of mechanics/electronics and other parts from there

Adding to that I personally had a bad experience with Mixed technology, I had an Evo X SST and the gear of that car is made in Germany, and MY GOD how much trouble I had with that gear and as oppose to the GSR manual gear made by Mitsubishi, I am not trying to Diss German tech I just think it should stay inside Germany and Europe where it seems to like the weather and work with no or minimal issues.

Nuke
I agree with you Nuke, but I’m interested in getting one!
There’s already a big turbo kit for the B58 motor! Lol
Old 02-26-18, 07:10 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Don't understand Toyota at all, this truly sucks, most of us left BMW for a reason...call it something else, this is no Supra.
Old 02-26-18, 07:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Folks let’s keep this thread on IS200t tuning please, there is a Supra thread in car chat if you want to talk about that topic
The following 3 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
Nuke (02-26-18), PATCHEZ (02-27-18), Sheddy (02-26-18)
Old 02-26-18, 07:50 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I would of loved a newly designed 2JZ, but we have to remember that our 8AR has been out for several years and we have yet to achieve a really good tune. This B58 motor has already been modified and has a lot of aftermarket support, so I am excited for this.

EDIT- Sorry Dave!
Nothing new on the IS200t tuning. I emailed Terry Burger and he informed me that they will look into developing a BMS Stage 2 if they sell over 250 units.
TTI is still in the process of altering the ECU to EURO spec where it supposedly removes some tuning limitations.

Last edited by Sheddy; 02-27-18 at 06:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
PATCHEZ (02-27-18)
Old 02-27-18, 09:08 AM
PATCHEZ
Driver

Hopefully that throttle delay and some sexy too end power lol
Old 02-27-18, 11:49 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I would of loved a newly designed 2JZ, but we have to remember that our 8AR has been out for several years and we have yet to achieve a really good tune. This B58 motor has already been modified and has a lot of aftermarket support, so I am excited for this.

EDIT- Sorry Dave!
Nothing new on the IS200t tuning. I emailed Terry Burger and he informed me that they will look into developing a BMS Stage 2 if they sell over 250 units.
TTI is still in the process of altering the ECU to EURO spec where it supposedly removes some tuning limitations.
HOw many units have they sold so far and would "stage 2" be a JB4?
Old 02-27-18, 11:54 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loophole35
HOw many units have they sold so far and would "stage 2" be a JB4?
Unfortunately he didn't give me an exact amount, he just said that there were a "few" out there. You are correct it will be a JB4 system where it connects to the OBD port and allows for more tuning options.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune