Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-18, 10:34 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35
HPS intake tube finally showed up. Installed in like 10 minutes. No real noticeable difference in sound (this is a good thing), but could definitely feel that the motor is coming into the power easier. It's like the lower restriction of this tube lets the turbo spool up easier therefore getting the maximum stock boost in lower gears. This is the first time I've seen 17 PSI in 2nd gear. The response may have improved a little but honestly did not have an opportunity to really test that. Overall good product. I think I will hold off on the BMS stage 1 for a bit. DP is next on the list. Once Sheddy gets his updated stage2+ tune I'll make a decision on if I go TTi.
I am glad you're happy with the purchase!
Old 03-29-18, 09:34 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I am glad you're happy with the purchase!
https://youtu.be/y2615YJ0aEE
That looks interesting. I'd be willing to try if the price were a bit better. I can see that product handling the demand for air better, but not sure about sustained flow rate being higher. Maybe?

Would like to see some independent dynos for that product alone on a stock car. 3 back to back runs averaged out before AND after, right after installing the HPS tube.
Old 03-29-18, 11:16 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
That looks interesting. I'd be willing to try if the price were a bit better. I can see that product handling the demand for air better, but not sure about sustained flow rate being higher. Maybe?

Would like to see some independent dynos for that product alone on a stock car. 3 back to back runs averaged out before AND after, right after installing the HPS tube.
If you want to pay for my dyno time I'll do it.

I saw over 17 PSI today in second gear (17PSI is what the repair manual lists as max boost pressure, it was just a spike though) and had just over 15PSI in first. This is getting more interesting. 1st-3rd are much livelier now. I hope I get a top end improvement that is noticeable with the downpipe.
Old 03-29-18, 11:35 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loophole35
If you want to pay for my dyno time I'll do it.

I saw over 17 PSI today in second gear (17PSI is what the repair manual lists as max boost pressure, it was just a spike though) and had just over 15PSI in first. This is getting more interesting. 1st-3rd are much livelier now. I hope I get a top end improvement that is noticeable with the downpipe.
The downpipe will surely make a difference.

This is a video of a fellow member that got a downpipe installed and tested.

Last edited by Sheddy; 03-29-18 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-30-18, 05:41 PM
mvaldez24
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG is this thread overwhelming! I tried to be patient and read through every page. I gave up at page 68. Been reading all week when I had a chance and I'm just exhausted!
So where are we right now with TTI? Still at stage 2?
The BMS tune, is that an ECU reflash like the TTI or is it a piggyback like Toms? Or an addition to TTI's tune? Sorry for all the questions. Appreciate your guys time!
Old 03-30-18, 10:47 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by mvaldez24
OMG is this thread overwhelming! I tried to be patient and read through every page. I gave up at page 68. Been reading all week when I had a chance and I'm just exhausted!
The BMS tune, is that an ECU reflash like the TTI or is it a piggyback like Toms? Or an addition to TTI's tune? Sorry for all the questions. Appreciate your guys time!
hehe welcome on board buddy,

TTI is at Stage2+ which is basically an enhanced Stage 2 and it is a ECU flash that removes some lf the Stock ROM limitations, also TTI is working on a Hybrid Turbo

BMS is a piggyback and it is the best out there

my recommandation to you, if your on a budget go for BMS but there wont be any further enhancements much in there, however if your looking forward for further and future upgrades and more power right now go for TTI Stage2+
Old 03-31-18, 09:51 PM
NEEDB00ST
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The lack of torque in this car is killing me.

I finally just ordered the BMS stage 1. Looking forward to the power gains.

Once TTI finishes their turbo modification, I am planning to sell the BMS and go with TTI stage 2 + downpipe + the modified turbo.
In the mean time, does anyone think it is worth it to add a down pipe to the BMS stage 1? Or should I just wait for TTI?
Old 03-31-18, 10:33 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NEEDB00ST
The lack of torque in this car is killing me.

I finally just ordered the BMS stage 1. Looking forward to the power gains.

Once TTI finishes their turbo modification, I am planning to sell the BMS and go with TTI stage 2 + downpipe + the modified turbo.
In the mean time, does anyone think it is worth it to add a down pipe to the BMS stage 1? Or should I just wait for TTI?
I think with the new Turbo it will be Stage 3

What are you running? coz stage 2 Got plenty of TQ
Old 04-01-18, 12:31 PM
NEEDB00ST
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
I think with the new Turbo it will be Stage 3

What are you running? coz stage 2 Got plenty of TQ
I'm completely stock at the moment. I ordered the BMS because I just want a quick fix for now I guess.

What is the process for getting the TTI stage 2? Does TTI send you something to do the reflash, or do you need to take it to a tuner?
Old 04-01-18, 02:30 PM
mvaldez24
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke

hehe welcome on board buddy,

TTI is at Stage2+ which is basically an enhanced Stage 2 and it is a ECU flash that removes some lf the Stock ROM limitations, also TTI is working on a Hybrid Turbo

BMS is a piggyback and it is the best out there

my recommandation to you, if your on a budget go for BMS but there wont be any further enhancements much in there, however if your looking forward for further and future upgrades and more power right now go for TTI Stage2+
Thanks Nuke for the information! I'm thinking of going the piggyback route to start. Just sold my wife's Mini R60 so she's driving my IS right now until I get her an SUV in a few months. Don't trust her with more power lol. I definitely want to go FBO and TTI after I get her some new wheels. I'll probably plug BMS when I'm behind the wheel and remove it when I'm not. Does the ECU take a few drives to learn the piggyback or will there be immediate power increase the moment I connect? Anybody got a BMS up for sale by any chance?
Old 04-01-18, 07:24 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NEEDB00ST
I'm completely stock at the moment. I ordered the BMS because I just want a quick fix for now I guess.

What is the process for getting the TTI stage 2? Does TTI send you something to do the reflash, or do you need to take it to a tuner?
Yes you will need to contact TTI on the below email, let them know your a CL member though

e-mail: sales@ttimotorsport.net

Also some info about the tune & the process
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...s-8ar-fts.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-released.html

Thanks Nuke for the information! I'm thinking of going the piggyback route to start. Just sold my wife's Mini R60 so she's driving my IS right now until I get her an SUV in a few months. Don't trust her with more power lol. I definitely want to go FBO and TTI after I get her some new wheels. I'll probably plug BMS when I'm behind the wheel and remove it when I'm not. Does the ECU take a few drives to learn the piggyback or will there be immediate power increase the moment I connect? Anybody got a BMS up for sale by any chance?
Most welcome, well since Lexus is equipped with Denso ECU, they are famous for being "smart" in the sense that it will take few days to fully adapt to the new power to give you all the potential, I don't recommend removing and putting back process, but rather make sure after you drive the car switch to full ECO mode, which should be slow and unresponsive enough for the wifey
Old 04-01-18, 10:25 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Just got my RC300, I have a lot of reading to do here lol
Old 04-02-18, 03:46 AM
vanillatag
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am new to the thread. I've read through some earlier posts in the thread but couldn't finish reading everything, it's just too much to digest, LOL.
My car is 100% stock right now and I am quite interested in non-piggyback tunes like the TTI's stage 1 tune mentioned in the thread.

Does anyone has experience with the TTI stage 1 tune, can you feel the power gain for normal everyday commute? Would you recommend it base on power gain vs. fuel consumption?
Old 04-02-18, 05:44 AM
Pacific13
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Have a look to my posts https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post9979018
and https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-tune-122.html

I'm very satisfied with Stage1 and it is not necessary to modify something in the engine. Of course is not comparable with Stage 2 or 2+ but for daily is perfect.
Old 04-02-18, 05:55 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tnilc
Just got my RC300, I have a lot of reading to do here lol
Originally Posted by vanillatag
I am new to the thread. I've read through some earlier posts in the thread but couldn't finish reading everything, it's just too much to digest, LOL.
My car is 100% stock right now and I am quite interested in non-piggyback tunes like the TTI's stage 1 tune mentioned in the thread.

Does anyone has experience with the TTI stage 1 tune, can you feel the power gain for normal everyday commute? Would you recommend it base on power gain vs. fuel consumption?
Welcome!

On the 1st page and 1st post i have a lot of information posted, so you wouldn't have to go through the whole thread.

Last edited by Sheddy; 04-02-18 at 06:00 AM.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune