Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-18, 10:39 PM
vanillatag
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Welcome!

On the 1st page and 1st post i have a lot of information posted, so you wouldn't have to go through the whole thread.
Thanks Sheddy! The 1st post is very helpful. I am very tempting to get the stage 1 mod from TTI. I am actually living in Taiwan, I may just pay a visit to Tony's shop and check them out soon.
Old 04-03-18, 01:01 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillatag
Thanks Sheddy! The 1st post is very helpful. I am very tempting to get the stage 1 mod from TTI. I am actually living in Taiwan, I may just pay a visit to Tony's shop and check them out soon.
oh man your lucky, he can do fine tuning on the dyno for you, if I was in your shoes I will look no further and get that done
Old 04-03-18, 06:16 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by NEEDB00ST
The lack of torque in this car is killing me.
I finally just ordered the BMS stage 1. Looking forward to the power gains.
Once TTI finishes their turbo modification, I am planning to sell the BMS and go with TTI stage 2 + downpipe + the modified turbo.
In the mean time, does anyone think it is worth it to add a down pipe to the BMS stage 1? Or should I just wait for TTI?
The BMS Stage 1 will definitely give you that torque and midrange power that you're missing. I did the test with the BMS and a PPE downpipe and i was able to see power gains up top (dyno on 1st page of thread). The beauty of the BMS is that you can buy the data cable to increase the boost settings with supporting modifications. If the BMS with downpipe is still not to par then you can just move up to TTI stage 2+.

Originally Posted by vanillatag
No problem. If you're near Taipei city then you're set!
Old 04-03-18, 10:01 AM
mvaldez24
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Yes you will need to contact TTI on the below email, let them know your a CL member though

e-mail: sales@ttimotorsport.net

Also some info about the tune & the process
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...s-8ar-fts.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-released.html

Most welcome, well since Lexus is equipped with Denso ECU, they are famous for being "smart" in the sense that it will take few days to fully adapt to the new power to give you all the potential, I don't recommend removing and putting back process, but rather make sure after you drive the car switch to full ECO mode, which should be slow and unresponsive enough for the wifey
Great info! Thanks for the education. Any risk of the ECU ever outsmarting the piggyback and trying to overwrite it and go back to stock?

Another question, not trying to go full exhaust yet so does anyone recommend any axle backs? I'm liking that quad tip Apex-i 😍
Old 04-03-18, 11:10 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mvaldez24
Great info! Thanks for the education. Any risk of the ECU ever outsmarting the piggyback and trying to overwrite it and go back to stock?
Another question, not trying to go full exhaust yet so does anyone recommend any axle backs? I'm liking that quad tip Apex-i 😍
I ran a piggyback system for some time on my car and never experienced any issues with being overwritten. I would say that the better piggyback systems like BMS uses a faster processor which does impact how fast the signal is being sent back to the ECU. For axle-back systems just know that theres no significant power gains since its mostly for sound.
Old 04-03-18, 11:16 AM
mvaldez24
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I ran a piggyback system for some time on my car and never experienced any issues with being overwritten. I would say that the better piggyback systems like BMS uses a faster processor which does impact how fast the signal is being sent back to the ECU. For axle-back systems just know that theres no significant power gains since its mostly for sound.
Okay that's good then! Yes I am aware about the axle back just being more looks and sound. Wish someone had a sounds clip on the 200t. There's one available for the 350 but that's a total different sound since it's V6.
Old 04-03-18, 12:15 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Okay that's good then! Yes I am aware about the axle back just being more looks and sound. Wish someone had a sounds clip on the 200t. There's one available for the 350 but that's a total different sound since it's V6.
Should be a TON on youtube. IMO, it sounds ricey since it's a 4 cyl.
Old 04-03-18, 03:35 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

My car on TTI SPOWER downpipe custon midpipe to circuit werks axleback
Old 04-04-18, 09:51 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT
Should be a TON on youtube. IMO, it sounds ricey since it's a 4 cyl.
It actually sounds pretty good. What annoys me is the automatic shift sound. I wish we had a dual clutch transmission of some sort to get that "blurp" between gear changes.
Old 04-09-18, 10:08 AM
NEEDB00ST
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed my BMS stage 1 this past weekend.

For ~$400 I'd say it was definitely worth it. The stock tune on this car is absolutely horrid. BMS stage 1 makes the powerband much more useable. It's nice to actually feel something when you mash the pedal down, but the biggest difference is definitely in the mid range of the RPMs at 50%-75% throttle. That's where I notice the most improvement in terms of torque.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (04-10-18)
Old 04-09-18, 01:25 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by NEEDB00ST
I installed my BMS stage 1 this past weekend.

For ~$400 I'd say it was definitely worth it. The stock tune on this car is absolutely horrid. BMS stage 1 makes the powerband much more useable. It's nice to actually feel something when you mash the pedal down, but the biggest difference is definitely in the mid range of the RPMs at 50%-75% throttle. That's where I notice the most improvement in terms of torque.
That's great.Also The TTI tune really improves that midrange torque and makes the car way more fun around the city or high gear pulls. If i were you i would just up the psi with the setting 5 or 6 and try e85 mixtures no more than E30. If you get a misfire like i did change the plugs.
With the next TTI update for the Stage 2 we should be getting more hp and torque specially if we have supporting mods.
Old 04-10-18, 07:05 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Still waiting on Sheddy with the S2+ update. Hope he gets it soon.
Old 04-10-18, 08:01 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Lets get those BMS stage 1 kits moving so we can get JB4! lol

Stage 1- Is defaulted at +4PSI over stock.

JB4 system-
The JB4 is available both as stand along system and as an upgrade kit to the Stage1 tuner. It adds CANbus control and other features to the Stage1 tuning allowing multiple maps based on expanded engine criteria, smoother partial throttle performance, additional engine safety systems such as lean run or over boost, more advanced logging for those wanting to experience with different fuels and E85 mixtures, boost by gear to improve traction, and much more to come via free firmware updates.

While Stage1 installs in under 60 seconds the JB4 install requires an additional OBDII cable to run through an existing grommet in the firewall adding 15-20 minutes to the process.

JB4 Maps:
Map0 - JB4 disabled
Map1 - 4psi peak
Map2 - 5psi peak
Map3 - User Adjustable fixed boost map (similar to Stage1) where “boost safety”
setting on the user adjustment page determines boost added across the power band
Map4 - Stock boost with CANbus active for data logging
Map5 - 6psi peak
Map6 - User adjustable by RPM map using settings on user adjustment page. A
setting of 5.0 would request 5psi over stock at that specific engine speed.

Map7 - 7psi peak

Last edited by Sheddy; 04-10-18 at 08:47 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
PATCHEZ (04-10-18), WhyHateTho (04-15-18)
Old 04-11-18, 06:21 PM
PATCHEZ
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Let’s push those sales so we can get the jb4!!!!!
Old 04-11-18, 07:30 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by PATCHEZ
Let’s push those sales so we can get the jb4!!!!!
I may pick one up later not sure. I’m starting to save money up to toy with my Mazdaspeed 3 so that may scratch my itch and I will leave the IS alone for the most part. Or if I get that car around 300WHP it may make me want more power in the IS. Won’t know till I get there.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune