Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-18, 04:41 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35

I may pick one up later not sure. I’m starting to save money up to toy with my Mazdaspeed 3 so that may scratch my itch and I will leave the IS alone for the most part. Or if I get that car around 300WHP it may make me want more power in the IS. Won’t know till I get there.
i Believe so far the only way someone is going to get to 300 whp should be on a stage 1 burger or jb4 with an e85 mix. If someone has the burger piggyback do us all a favor test e30 and go to the dyno with setting 5 and 6. If they get good results lets jump on it so they make the jb4. If someone is in south florida with a burger stage 1 piggy back let me know and i will offer my car for testing.
Old 04-12-18, 07:35 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

I am still skeptical about making 300WHP on the stock turbo even with E30. I know that Tony hasn't been well, so no updates on the reworked ECU has been released. I am really interested in seeing what Burger tuning can do with a JB4 system for us. I've seen big turbo BMW's and VW's being tuned with their JB4, so it opens access to a lot more parameters to make adjustments.
Old 04-12-18, 08:40 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I am still skeptical about making 300WHP on the stock turbo even with E30. I know that Tony hasn't been well, so no updates on the reworked ECU has been released. I am really interested in seeing what Burger tuning can do with a JB4 system for us. I've seen big turbo BMW's and VW's being tuned with their JB4, so it opens access to a lot more parameters to make adjustments.
There's someone that was mixing 50/50 e85 and 93 octane with the vr tunining box in the high boost setting and according to what he said he was beating brand new STI's . He is a bmw tech. I think he got rid of the car.it would've been nice to see some dyno numbers. Patchez and I gonna meet up and try the burger tuning stage 1 with e85 mix in the high boost setting to see whats up. I will dyno to show results.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (04-12-18)
Old 04-12-18, 09:22 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
There's someone that was mixing 50/50 e85 and 93 octane with the vr tunining box in the high boost setting and according to what he said he was beating brand new STI's . He is a bmw tech. I think he got rid of the car.it would've been nice to see some dyno numbers. Patchez and I gonna meet up and try the burger tuning stage 1 with e85 mix in the high boost setting to see whats up. I will dyno to show results.
That would be awesome!

According to Terry Burger of BMS
Stage1->JB4 upgrade kit. The main addition is a CANbus-OBDII cable which allows the tuner to go from reading boost only to reading virtually every sensor on the vehicle.

A couple quick benefits-

1) Tuning based on engine speed, gas pedal position, intake temperatures, and many other factors allowing smoother & stronger mapping.
2) Boost by speed settings (would prefer boost by gear, but I haven't figured out how to read gear yet from the transmission), which allows you to lower the boost added at lower speeds improving traction.
3) Full data logging, lets you keep an eye on how your engine is running, using a BMS data cable or wirelessly via the JB4 Mobile bluetooth adapter.
4) More robust safety systems that make running higher boost levels safer like having the tuner automatically disable itself if air/fuel leans out, if too much timing is pulled, if internal EGT calculations get too aggressive, if oil/water is not warm enough to safely run higher power levels, etc.
5) User definable boost curve by RPM allowing you to tailor the performance to your specific taste.
6) Lots of extra input/output on the JB4 board itself which will be useful for water/meth integration and future expansion.

Last edited by Sheddy; 04-12-18 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-17-18, 11:54 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

BMS stage 1 will be delivered Thursday. ��
Old 04-17-18, 07:07 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
BMS stage 1 will be delivered Thursday. ��
Enjoy buddy
Old 04-18-18, 10:59 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nuke
Enjoy buddy
Btw Tony has the update ready we are just waiting on the tools to upload it. After install whenever i get a chance i would definitely do a few dyno runs and compare it to stage 2+.
really looking forward to it
The following users liked this post:
PGARazor (04-22-18)
Old 04-18-18, 07:41 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daniellina
Btw Tony has the update ready we are just waiting on the tools to upload it. After install whenever i get a chance i would definitely do a few dyno runs and compare it to stage 2+.
really looking forward to it
Honestly last I heard he is back in the hospital so progress on all things Tune update included is kinda stalled
Old 04-19-18, 09:44 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Honestly last I heard he is back in the hospital so progress on all things Tune update included is kinda stalled
actually a couple days ago he told me he's sending the tools. Either way lets see what happens. I would like to test that.
Old 04-19-18, 08:43 PM
Humminbird
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do i get the PDF on the IS200t turbo?

Originally Posted by Wams200T
That little PDF was very helpful in understanding our 200t turbo system
How do i get my hands on the IS200t turbo. I am also considering a TUNE/ Dyno. But don't know the difference between the 2. Have no idea about which mfg to use with IS 200t F sport 2016. The car is all stock I had it long enough and want to spice things up a bit. Any suggestions will be helpful.
Old 04-19-18, 08:45 PM
Humminbird
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do i get the PDF on the IS200t turbo?

Originally Posted by Wams200T
That little PDF was very helpful in understanding our 200t turbo system
How do i get my hands on the IS200t turbo PDF. I am also considering a TUNE/ Dyno. But don't know the difference between the 2. Have no idea about which mfg to use with IS 200t F sport 2016. The car is all stock I had it long enough and want to spice things up a bit. Any suggestions will be helpful.
Old 04-20-18, 12:04 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Humminbird
How do i get my hands on the IS200t turbo PDF. I am also considering a TUNE/ Dyno. But don't know the difference between the 2. Have no idea about which mfg to use with IS 200t F sport 2016. The car is all stock I had it long enough and want to spice things up a bit. Any suggestions will be helpful.
Tune = modifications to the ECU to hopefully get more HP/Torque out of the engine
Dyno = testing the car to see how much horsepower is put out to the wheels
Old 04-22-18, 05:29 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Are any of you guys with a decatted downpipe hearing a really horrible noise coming from the turbo/front of car before the turbo spool? I just installed mine and hate the noise coming from the front of the car. My diverter valve is also going bad again so I’m not sure if that’s causing it or it’s a common thing with the removal of cat
Old 04-22-18, 07:48 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Miintt
Are any of you guys with a decatted downpipe hearing a really horrible noise coming from the turbo/front of car before the turbo spool? I just installed mine and hate the noise coming from the front of the car. My diverter valve is also going bad again so I’m not sure if that’s causing it or it’s a common thing with the removal of cat
naah that valve has a life span of 6k to 11k miles according to the general members complaint and personal experience
Old 04-22-18, 07:57 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

naah that valve has a life span of 6k to 11k miles according to the general members complaint and personal experience
nah as in you don’t hear any abnormal noises or nah as in its not the valve? I had the valve replaced once at 12k already and now im at 22k so it seems like it’s right about the time it’s supposed to go out

Quick Reply: IS200t tune