Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-18 | 11:15 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jfern
Im not looking for something to crazy something that I can plug and play . be removable when I take it to the dealer for service ..
If you go to page 1 of this thread, you can find the list of options where is plug and play (piggyback).
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (05-06-18)
Old 05-06-18 | 05:54 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jfern
Im not looking for something to crazy something that I can plug and play . be removable when I take it to the dealer for service ..
Since your location says Florida i would definitely recommend getting the Burger tuning Stage 1 piggyback. Its plug and play and gives a really nice power increase throughout the powerband.
http://www.burgertuning.com/lexus_pe...nce_tuner.html
Old 05-06-18 | 02:09 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Since your location says Florida i would definitely recommend getting the Burger tuning Stage 1 piggyback. Its plug and play and gives a really nice power increase throughout the powerband.
yup.
Old 05-06-18 | 06:37 PM
PATCHEZ
Driver

Its a buzzing sound.

https://youtu.be/USBT2xGXMVA
this happens to me as well
Old 05-06-18 | 06:38 PM
PATCHEZ
Driver

Bms all day
lets bump those sales so we can see a jb4!!!
Old 05-06-18 | 11:15 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Sheddy! I'm new to the tune as well. What would you recommend for California? I know Burger Tuning won't ship to California because of our laws.
Old 05-07-18 | 06:06 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PATCHEZ
this happens to me as well
You will need to take it into the dealer to have it replaced. A bad vacuum regulator will cripple the performance.

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
Hey Sheddy! I'm new to the tune as well. What would you recommend for California? I know Burger Tuning won't ship to California because of our laws.
My recommendation would be to get someone out of state to purchase the BMS and ship to you . The next best would be the TOM's power box, but unfortunately it is not adjustable. I really like the BMS for the fact that it was specifically designed and tested on the actual car. You can purchase a data cable to increase the boost value and there is a chance of upgrading the Stage 1 to JB4 which gives us more tuning capabilities.
Old 05-07-18 | 04:10 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

My recommendation would be to get someone out of state to purchase the BMS and ship to you . The next best would be the TOM's power box, but unfortunately it is not adjustable. I really like the BMS for the fact that it was specifically designed and tested on the actual car. You can purchase a data cable to increase the boost value and there is a chance of upgrading the Stage 1 to JB4 which gives us more tuning capabilities.
Thanks for the tip!

What do you mean TOM's is not adjustable? Do you mean its not possible to increase the power the piggy back gives to our IS?
Old 05-07-18 | 04:24 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the tip!

What do you mean TOM's is not adjustable? Do you mean its not possible to increase the power the piggy back gives to our IS?
Exactly. The TOM's powerbox has a set boost value which cannot be altered. With other systems like VR which has a dial to make adjustments and the BMS you can get the data cable and adjust boost value with a laptop. I only recommend tweaking boost values if you are going to run a higher octane fuel like E30 or you have full bolt ons.
Old 05-07-18 | 08:27 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Exactly. The TOM's powerbox has a set boost value which cannot be altered. With other systems like VR which has a dial to make adjustments and the BMS you can get the data cable and adjust boost value with a laptop. I only recommend tweaking boost values if you are going to run a higher octane fuel like E30 or you have full bolt ons.
Ahhh. Thanks for that information and the help! I just wanted to confirmed. Because I'm still deciding on what I wanna do still. I have always been just a VIP-style cosmetic modification guy. First time stepping into this realm.
Old 05-08-18 | 06:34 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Ahhh. Thanks for that information and the help! I just wanted to confirmed. Because I'm still deciding on what I wanna do still. I have always been just a VIP-style cosmetic modification guy. First time stepping into this realm.
I hear you. Having a tune will sure help the car perform better with the extra weight of the wheels and air bag suspension.
Old 05-10-18 | 10:46 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Got something in the works.

Last edited by Sheddy; 05-10-18 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-10-18 | 05:03 PM
NEEDB00ST
Driver School Candidate

You can just find a tuner with the tuning software to tune your car. TTI just offers a reflash for the stock turbo setup.

So you're saying if I had a TTI tune already, I could take the car to a local tuner to have them customize the TTI tune for the new turbocharger?
Old 05-11-18 | 05:53 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NEEDB00ST
So you're saying if I had a TTI tune already, I could take the car to a local tuner to have them customize the TTI tune for the new turbocharger?
If you can find a local tuner with the right software that works on our ECU you can get it tuned. The TTI tune is designed to work on the stock motor or with bolt on's, but unfortunately there's no company ( TTI still in works) that has developed an upgraded turbocharger for our motor either.
Old 05-11-18 | 12:43 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

I hear you. Having a tune will sure help the car perform better with the extra weight of the wheels and air bag suspension.
Definitely. It'll give it a bit push. <--- Okay. Well. Maybe it won't do what the emoji is doing but I can pretend.

I'm assuming your IS has a tune on it. What else have you done to it besides tune, if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply: IS200t tune