Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-18, 06:31 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

That TTI is version one they scrapped that one and made the compressor side bigger. No images have been posted but I would venture to say its likely about the same size as JRC's. Running out of fuel should be no big deal on our cars as under full load they pretty much run on port injection so just increase the size of the injectors and adjust the fuel maps. With that in mind I don't feel fuel is the issue plus if they were running out of fuel they would not advertise the 1.65bar. With the increase in size of the stock turbo we aren't going to suddenly see stock frame turbos capable of 550HP, it's just not going to happen. I feel the stock frame will max out around 430HP which is close to what the JRC's is producing.
Old 05-31-18, 07:34 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

The 8AR-FTS motor is highly capable of making power. I am more interested in the tuning software that they are using on this "hybird" turbo kit. From what i've seen with Bitbox/Bitedit it doesn't seem to be fully capable of tuning. I think if we had a more reputable tuning software we would of already seen big turbo kits from HKS, Greddy etc.
The following users liked this post:
Pacific13 (05-31-18)
Old 05-31-18, 01:30 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35
. Running out of fuel should be no big deal on our cars as under full load they pretty much run on port injection so just increase the size of the injectors and adjust the fuel maps.
Great conversation, I always find out information from tti's consumers and not from tti directly lol. I just wish they'd be a little more public online about what they're doing. I'm strictly talking about the injectors when I say fuel system. You said it yourself increasing the fuel injectors size' with maps will allow us to push more fuel for more power. Again I think it's very unrealistic to think our stock injectors can produce more than 350whp. I think we can hit at least 400whp on the stock modified turbo with upgraded turbo piping, fmic and 750cc fuel injectors. I don't think 430/550hp will be possible on the stock frame turbo no matter what you do to it.
Old 06-01-18, 04:49 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Great conversation, I always find out information from tti's consumers and not from tti directly lol. I just wish they'd be a little more public online about what they're doing. I'm strictly talking about the injectors when I say fuel system. You said it yourself increasing the fuel injectors size' with maps will allow us to push more fuel for more power. Again I think it's very unrealistic to think our stock injectors can produce more than 350whp. I think we can hit at least 400whp on the stock modified turbo with upgraded turbo piping, fmic and 750cc fuel injectors. I don't think 430/550hp will be possible on the stock frame turbo no matter what you do to it.
I’m talking flywheel HP not at the wheels. 330WHP is around 400HP at the flywheel. On a side note the Mazdaspeed 3’s MZR DISI with stock fuel injectors (DI only BTW) can support 370WHP. The problem is we have no clue the limitations of our fuel system and really won’t untill user-land tuning systems like what OV is supposed to be releasing are out. The tuning shops just do not want to give any specifics of what they learn (I don’t blame them for that). Also getting any info from TTI and JRC are in Taiwan and I feel we are hitting a language barrier when we try to probe for info.
Old 06-01-18, 01:53 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

I’m talking flywheel HP not at the wheels. 330WHP is around 400HP at the flywheel. On a side note the Mazdaspeed 3’s MZR DISI with stock fuel injectors (DI only BTW) can support 370WHP. The problem is we have no clue the limitations of our fuel system and really won’t untill user-land tuning systems like what OV is supposed to be releasing are out. The tuning shops just do not want to give any specifics of what they learn (I don’t blame them for that). Also getting any info from TTI and JRC are in Taiwan and I feel we are hitting a language barrier when we try to probe for info.
Id personally use 10-15% on the drive train lose. I'm not surprised that our stock fuel injectors become inefficient after 330whp. Realistically we probably only have 200-250cc injectors, we need to find out this information. The Mazda uses bigger injectors from the factory, just because Mazda can hit 370whp, doesn't mean we can. I'm just pointing out that most likely its the injectors holding us back. Which isn't a big upgrade so it doesn't bother me, injectors should be an easy fix but might be expensive fix $150-300 per injector. I would hope and pray its the injectors and not something more complicated. OV is total garbage. Do not purchase OV he will blow you off on scheduled appointments and tell you every tuning excuse possible. I don't even know why you continue to talk about them. I personally think OV stalks our forums with a fake account, continually bringing up they're own name. He's so cheap we cant afford to become a vendor. Worst experience iv ever had with a company buying anything ever. TTi is a good company and I've never had issues communicating with them. In the little time I talked with JRC I think JRC has more tune information available. TTi has some catching up to do, JRC is already putting out more power without the modified turbo with less bolt ons... JRC will definitely give TTi a run for its money, LITERILLY. Its healthy to have competition, it works out better for us.

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 06-01-18 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-03-18, 11:53 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

My JB4 w/bluetooth setup. Will be up for grabs soon if anyone is interested.
Old 06-03-18, 12:10 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

How was the install? Huge difference performance wise?
Old 06-03-18, 12:12 PM
mvaldez24
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy

My JB4 w/bluetooth setup. Will be up for grabs soon if anyone is interested.
Just PMd you bro
Old 06-03-18, 12:30 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
How was the install? Huge difference performance wise?
The install is pretty simple. Connects to the 2 boost sensors like the stage 1, but also has a OBD port connector that has to be wired to the interior through the firewall. The difference with the JB4 and Stage 1 other than getting engine readings are the maps.
Map 0- JB4 disabled
Map 1- +4 psi
Map 2- +5 psi
Map 3- user adjustable boost
Map 4- Stock tune w/ JB4 datalogging
Map 5- +6 psi
Map 6- Boost added by engine speed (RPM)
Map 7- +7 psi

Last edited by Sheddy; 06-03-18 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-04-18, 08:50 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Id personally use 10-15% on the drive train lose. I'm not surprised that our stock fuel injectors become inefficient after 330whp. Realistically we probably only have 200-250cc injectors, we need to find out this information. The Mazda uses bigger injectors from the factory, just because Mazda can hit 370whp, doesn't mean we can. I'm just pointing out that most likely its the injectors holding us back. Which isn't a big upgrade so it doesn't bother me, injectors should be an easy fix but might be expensive fix $150-300 per injector. I would hope and pray its the injectors and not something more complicated. OV is total garbage. Do not purchase OV he will blow you off on scheduled appointments and tell you every tuning excuse possible. I don't even know why you continue to talk about them. I personally think OV stalks our forums with a fake account, continually bringing up they're own name. He's so cheap we cant afford to become a vendor. Worst experience iv ever had with a company buying anything ever. TTi is a good company and I've never had issues communicating with them. In the little time I talked with JRC I think JRC has more tune information available. TTi has some catching up to do, JRC is already putting out more power without the modified turbo with less bolt ons... JRC will definitely give TTi a run for its money, LITERILLY. Its healthy to have competition, it works out better for us.
Early dyno's showed a drive train loss of ~17% 400HP - 17% is 332HP.

There is no way on earth the port injectors are smaller than 400cc's.

I don't care about your personal feelings when it comes to OV and Matt. I only mentioned OV because they are tho only company that is even teasing the idea of a user tuning solution.

On a side note I reached out to Cobb to see if they are interested in developing an Accessport V3 that works with our cars.

Bottom line I want to see normal user having the ability to tune these cars that will push development forward.

edit: heard back from Cobb. Not good though but they responded timely.

Last edited by loophole35; 06-04-18 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-04-18, 10:27 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

On a side note I reached out to Cobb to see if they are interested in developing an Accessport V3 that works with our cars
A lot of these companies are still under the impression that Toyota's cannot be tuned via (OBD port) re-flash and requires a standalone system. RR Racing is our best bet for the US since they did tune a NX200t before. Remote tuning is the issue they are facing so thats why they haven't released it yet, but once they are done with the supercharger kits they will get back to it.
Old 06-04-18, 08:54 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Looks like HKS now has a piggyback system as well.
Pacific13 (06-05-18)
Old 06-05-18, 12:48 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Shed-Why are you selling the JB4? Is it going to be produced?

anyway for anyone interested, i have for sale a JB Stage 1. PM me if interested.
Old 06-05-18, 04:30 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Early dyno's showed a drive train loss of ~17% 400HP - 17% is 332HP.

There is no way on earth the port injectors are smaller than 400cc's.

I don't care about your personal feelings when it comes to OV and Matt. I only mentioned OV because they are tho only company that is even teasing the idea of a user tuning solution.

On a side note I reached out to Cobb to see if they are interested in developing an Accessport V3 that works with our cars.

Bottom line I want to see normal user having the ability to tune these cars that will push development forward.

Well okay no problem here, I just think OV is using this new thing as a cop out. Regardless if you’ll listen or not I still want everyone to know how OV conducts business, terrible experience. In the end you’re buying a product that doesn’t deliver as advertised.
Sheddy posted a 220whp dyno, stock. If that’s true then @ 17% I’m okay with 257 crank from the factory.

Again the only thing i can think of would be the injectors. However if JRCs posted 24psi @ 345whp but isn’t actually 24psi then at that point I would blame it on the modified turbo charger and not the fuel injectors. I personally find it hard to believe they’re pushing 24psi (top end) out of the modified turbo because it’s still relatively small. I believe we use the same injectors used in the is350 and v6 tacoma. I’d love to find out the stock injector size.
Sheddy (06-06-18)
Old 06-06-18, 03:37 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Well okay no problem here, I just think OV is using this new thing as a cop out. Regardless if you’ll listen or not I still want everyone to know how OV conducts business, terrible experience. In the end you’re buying a product that doesn’t deliver as advertised.
Sheddy posted a 220whp dyno, stock. If that’s true then @ 17% I’m okay with 257 crank from the factory.

Again the only thing i can think of would be the injectors. However if JRCs posted 24psi @ 345whp but isn’t actually 24psi then at that point I would blame it on the modified turbo charger and not the fuel injectors. I personally find it hard to believe they’re pushing 24psi (top end) out of the modified turbo because it’s still relatively small. I believe we use the same injectors used in the is350 and v6 tacoma. I’d love to find out the stock injector size.
I have no doubt in my mind that the modified turbo hits 24 PSI but likely tapers down after 5000RPM. Not a big deal. It’s still making over 400HP at the flywheel (getting very close to double the stock HP).

Sheddy showed 220HP and we’ve seen other post of stock cars around 210 or less. Sheddy’s car looks to be a bit of a unicorn because he is making much more power that BMS is advertising on the stage 1.

If our our cars are using the same size injectors as the 2GR then isn’t RR still using the stock injectors with their supercharger?
Sheddy (06-06-18)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune