Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-18, 07:38 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Jepierrer
Hello guys, I need help asap, just bought this 2016 lexus 200t and I am aware that the turbo lag is annoying but other than that I would like to know if there is a way to get rid of it.. maybe a turbo swap, computer swap... I would like to know if there is any possible way to not have this problem no more.. in love with the casr but I am car huy and dont want to have a car with this issue for life!! if anyone really know please inform me I'm about to turn it back
thanks again!!!!
Welcome,
Are you talking about turbo lag or throttle delay? As of now the throttle delay issue is slightly improved with a re-flash tune. We are very limited on tuning software for our ECU, but i do think we will see more in the future which can address these issues.
Old 06-15-18, 09:51 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke
ok few things to do to rid of it,
1) Downpipe
2) Charge Pipe
3) Muffler delete
4) Intake
5) TTI Stage 2+ tune
These should make u waaaay much happier with the spool and the car
i got some parts for sale if ur interested PM me
What am i seeing??
Old 06-15-18, 09:58 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
What am i seeing??
hehe not what ur thinking, ordered parts for friends who backed out ended up with a whole set
Old 06-15-18, 10:02 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

hehe not what ur thinking, ordered parts for friends who backed out ended up with a whole set
Lol, i was about to say! How's your car running? Got any updates for us from TTI?
Old 06-15-18, 10:05 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Lol, i was about to say! How's your car running? Got any updates for us from TTI?
she is doing fine though hate the summer here...TTI updates well they are mostly working on the Turbo which is in final stages if flow testing (failed few times which added delays) should be out in 6 to 8 weeks hopefully
Old 06-15-18, 10:35 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

she is doing fine though hate the summer here...TTI updates well they are mostly working on the Turbo which is in final stages if flow testing (failed few times which added delays) should be out in 6 to 8 weeks hopefully
Yea i can't imagine the heat over there. Looking forward to their Stage 3 results.
I've been driving my car without an aftermarket tune for a couple days and i can understand why so many people complain.
Old 06-15-18, 10:36 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Yea i can't imagine the heat over there. Looking forward to their Stage 3 results.
I've been driving my car without an aftermarket tune for a couple days and i can understand why so many people complain.
ya its horrible on stock
Old 06-16-18, 06:48 AM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome,
Are you talking about turbo lag or throttle delay? As of now the throttle delay issue is slightly improved with a re-flash tune. We are very limited on tuning software for our ECU, but i do think we will see more in the future which can address these issues.
Beside reflash tune to get rid of the delay throttle respond, not to sure this https://www.racechip.com/throttle-tuning/xlr.html works. Anyone tried this?
Old 06-18-18, 07:32 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Clrex
Beside reflash tune to get rid of the delay throttle respond, not to sure this https://www.racechip.com/throttle-tuning/xlr.html works. Anyone tried this?
There are a couple members that use the Apexi smart throttle which is a similar product, so hopefully they can pitch in with their results.
Old 06-18-18, 09:54 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Originally Posted by Clrex
the "problem" is not how fast the throttle responds to pedal input (sport mode takes care of that), but how much the throttle can open and when. in other words, there is a limitation to max throttle angle baked into the car itself that none of these chips will fix. any other "delay" is inherent to turbo cars itself. so you have a delay on top of a delay. just the nature of the beast.
Old 06-20-18, 07:49 AM
john55657
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Quick Update

Hi guys,

Sorry I have not been posting my OVTune update(s) in awhile. Short story: Not really worth it.. If you want power, get an older IS-F :P

This car needs HOURS of development on the ECU side to be able to unlock all of it's potential, I am not sure if this will ever happen. I bought the "transmission and ECU tune" from OVTUNE. After many revisions, I guess I have more power now. But the lag is still there, and far from what I was expecting. I wanted to increase the redline, and they were unable to. The car would redline, not shift, and then all of a sudden upshift. Total waste of gas and time.

I never received a transmission tune, never..

I have a Supra running on a AEM EMS, and judging from my experience, I suspect the ECU tables are not all defined and there are lots of unknowns.

So I am running this tune now, and will keep my car as it is for now. I recommend not to do this.

I am getting rid of my Tunerwerks module, I would say the flash and this module are really close for power gain. If I could go back in time, I would have stayed with the tunerwerks only. But since I spent 1000$ on the tune, I cannot really resell the tune so I am selling this module.

The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (06-20-18)
Old 06-20-18, 08:45 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by john55657
Hi guys,

Sorry I have not been posting my OVTune update(s) in awhile. Short story: Not really worth it.. If you want power, get an older IS-F :P

This car needs HOURS of development on the ECU side to be able to unlock all of it's potential, I am not sure if this will ever happen. I bought the "transmission and ECU tune" from OVTUNE. After many revisions, I guess I have more power now. But the lag is still there, and far from what I was expecting. I wanted to increase the redline, and they were unable to. The car would redline, not shift, and then all of a sudden upshift. Total waste of gas and time.

I never received a transmission tune, never..

I have a Supra running on a AEM EMS, and judging from my experience, I suspect the ECU tables are not all defined and there are lots of unknowns.

So I am running this tune now, and will keep my car as it is for now. I recommend not to do this.

I am getting rid of my Tunerwerks module, I would say the flash and this module are really close for power gain. If I could go back in time, I would have stayed with the tunerwerks only. But since I spent 1000$ on the tune, I cannot really resell the tune so I am selling this module.

thanks for your Honest recommendation to stear away from OV tune, they are not to be blamed we are literary only scratching the surface here, tune is a long way from being complete though it seems TTI is on the right track and few other tuning companies and I wish them all great luck and success so we can enjoy more power.
Old 06-25-18, 06:09 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Since I don't have any tuning updates, i guess i can share my new wheels.

Weds Sport SA-72R
The following users liked this post:
Pacific13 (06-25-18)
Old 06-25-18, 07:31 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Weds Sport SA-72R
sexy, which wheels are these
Old 06-26-18, 07:58 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Weds Sport SA-72R
Those look really good. And you know me, I don't say that about many things here. LOL.

As far as what wheels, he said what they are in his post.

How much did you get them and what sizes?

oh and seriously man.. remove those plastic stickers on your door. they stick out like a sore thumb. I did that on day f-ing 1 when i brought my car home. door still looks perfect to this day. nothing kicks up on it.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune