Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-17, 06:07 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Will wait for your result.
This is your TOM's Power Box supplier!
The following users liked this post:
Nigel-JDMParts (03-12-17)
Old 03-09-17, 08:45 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

TTI Motorsport IS200T Downpipe that will be available soon

Last edited by Sheddy; 03-13-17 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-10-17, 09:19 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

now this is exciting! I was looking at the TTi dyno, and the shape of the power curve is so much different than the dyno you did with the BMS and Toms. might just be the nature of the load based dyno dynamics vs the dynojet. From my experience the dyno dynamics read even lower than mustang dynos.

Last edited by zcon; 03-10-17 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-10-17, 10:27 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zcon
now this is exciting! I was looking at the TTi dyno, and the shape of the power curve is so much different than the dyno you did with the BMS and Toms. might just be the nature of the load based dyno dynamics vs the dynojet. From my experience the dyno dynamics read even lower than mustang dynos.
Yea they made some nice progress on their tune! If it is lower than a mustang then thats great news
Old 03-11-17, 08:26 PM
RCF4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates on when the BT is releasing their tune ?

Sheddy, that down pipe looks amazing, did you put it on your car yet ?
Old 03-12-17, 10:08 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
TTI Motorsport IS200T Downpipe
You can try to SARD down pipe next....hahaha
Old 03-13-17, 05:42 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RCF4me
any updates on when the BT is releasing their tune ?

Sheddy, that down pipe looks amazing, did you put it on your car yet ?
Still no update on the release date, maybe if i do an interest list it can help speed up the process. I just posted the downpipe picture to show whats available, i am trying to work with TTI on better pricing so i'll keep you guys posted!

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
You can try to SARD down pipe next....hahaha
Haha, i'll have to sell an organ to buy one!
Old 03-13-17, 08:22 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,156 Likes on 1,620 Posts

mind posting a video of the car speedo accelerating from 0 to speed limit (whatever that is) w/ the BMS tune? Also curious to see where the boost gauge ends up at full boost.

or anyone else w/ any other tunes. same request
Old 03-13-17, 09:06 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT
mind posting a video of the car speedo accelerating from 0 to speed limit (whatever that is) w/ the BMS tune? Also curious to see where the boost gauge ends up at full boost.

or anyone else w/ any other tunes. same request
I'll try and get a video for you, but the OEM boost gauge doesn't read accurately with the tune. The boost gauge reads the PSI signal that BMS tune is sending to the ECU but the target and actual boost pressure is a lot more, this is what the piggyback tune does to increase the power.

This is the data that is recorded with the JB4 app.

Last edited by Sheddy; 03-13-17 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-13-17, 04:12 PM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

is the unit you are using the JB4, I know in the bmw world they normally offer a "stage 1" and then the big tune the JB4. The jb4 is more complete and makes much more power over the stage 1. Id love to run a full bolt on set up with e85 and the JB4. Honestly I'd like to throw a bigger turbo in it too, stock housing so it appears factory but flows much more air :-D. i guess we all can dream

Last edited by zcon; 03-13-17 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-13-17, 08:18 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zcon
is the unit you are using the JB4, I know in the bmw world they normally offer a "stage 1" and then the big tune the JB4. The jb4 is more complete and makes much more power over the stage 1. Id love to run a full bolt on set up with e85 and the JB4. Honestly I'd like to throw a bigger turbo in it too, stock housing so it appears factory but flows much more air :-D. i guess we all can dream
Yes, I am using the JB4 application where i can change different maps and also set the boost limit. All the features are not fully functional since they just started tinkering with this motor so lets say this is a stage 1, but being able to run data logs shows where the tune makes a difference. As of now i think the most we can do is a tune with a turboback exhaust, i too dream of making serious power with this car lol but we will have to settle until someone decides to take it up a notch!
Old 03-13-17, 08:39 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Yes, I am using the JB4 application where i can change different maps and also set the boost limit. All the features are not fully functional since they just started tinkering with this motor so lets say this is a stage 1, but being able to run data logs shows where the tune makes a difference. As of now i think the most we can do is a tune with a turboback exhaust, i too dream of making serious power with this car lol but we will have to settle until someone decides to take it up a notch!
I agree with ya bro, but for some reason I don't see real enthusiasm from tuners or even from the bolt on vendors side.... lets take BMS as an example if they delay their tune box further and the re-flash is out I assure you they will lose potential customers where people like me would go for a re-flash (given that it is reasonably priced) and BMS is just one example

I am comparing my experience to that when I had a stock Evo X and took it from 192WHP on a mustang dyno to 596WHP with a sea of bolt on options available, I mean I realize that the Lexus is new into this but still something is not right, car is out from almost 3 years now and nothing exciting is out yet
Old 03-13-17, 08:51 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
I agree with ya bro, but for some reason I don't see real enthusiasm from tuners or even from the bolt on vendors side.... lets take BMS as an example if they delay their tune box further and the re-flash is out I assure you they will lose potential customers where people like me would go for a re-flash (given that it is reasonably priced) and BMS is just one example

I am comparing my experience to that when I had a stock Evo X and took it from 192WHP on a mustang dyno to 596WHP with a sea of bolt on options available, I mean I realize that the Lexus is new into this but still something is not right, car is out from almost 3 years now and nothing exciting is out yet
Right there with you. I understand that the ECUs are just now being dissected, but few people aside from BMS, OVTuned/Delicious Tuning, and TTi seem to be doing anything. I think it will take a while to undo the "lexus enthusiast = stance and camber" stigma, but it's so frustrating for those who want to push tuning; tried talking to a few companies to get a turbo-back exhaust made and none of them are willing to do so.

Still not allowed to post numbers, but I am able to say that OVTuned's still-in-development tune puts down better numbers than TTi's stage one. We also tuned on dyno dynamics so lower readings should be a non-factor. I'll see if I can get a video clip up of a pull; hopefully I don't crash into something while holding my phone!
The following users liked this post:
Nuke (03-13-17)
Old 03-13-17, 09:09 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
Right there with you. I understand that the ECUs are just now being dissected, but few people aside from BMS, OVTuned/Delicious Tuning, and TTi seem to be doing anything. I think it will take a while to undo the "lexus enthusiast = stance and camber" stigma, but it's so frustrating for those who want to push tuning; tried talking to a few companies to get a turbo-back exhaust made and none of them are willing to do so.

Still not allowed to post numbers, but I am able to say that OVTuned's still-in-development tune puts down better numbers than TTi's stage one. We also tuned on dyno dynamics so lower readings should be a non-factor. I'll see if I can get a video clip up of a pull; hopefully I don't crash into something while holding my phone!
Careful there

Even with OVtune priced at 1300$ that's just ridiculously priced am sorry not many can afford that much, I mean I understand they want to milk it since its a niche area but there is a fine line between milking it and not making any sales
Old 03-13-17, 09:39 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Even with OVtune priced at 1300$ that's just ridiculously priced am sorry not many can afford that much, I mean I understand they want to milk it since its a niche area but there is a fine line between milking it and not making any sales
We've talked about this a few pages back; its expensive because it's a dyno tune + TCU tune if/when it happens. I agree $1300 is a lot. The best solution I can think of is to message him and tell him that it's too expensive; if enough people tell him they want the tune but don't want to spend 1300, I don't see why he wouldn't reduce the price.

Supposedly the "beta" revision is coming, but Matt and Bill are still figuring out what all the tables do.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune