Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-18, 07:23 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesh704
If this is real it will be a bad merry for 200T/300 owner LoL

Attachment 476556
If that really does happen then cool, but that’s next gen so why would that suck for us? Lol if anything we just all jump ship to the next gen. It would suck if out of nowhere this gen they said we are putting in this new badass engine everyone else who already bought one oh well, but that won’t happen. Haha
Old 07-21-18, 07:34 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

The beauty is that they are very simple to install/uninstall. The BMS tuner I would definitely unplug and the HPS I don't see an issue but to be on the safe side I would remove before service.
Old 07-21-18, 11:30 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
Ok guys so yesterday i installed the Charge pipe Blow off valve spacer and turbo muffler delete from TTI. Fairly easy to install the quality of the parts are really good. Engine sounds better and the blow off noise its amazing its loud! you can hear the turbo spooling.
But i think the best thing about it its how much faster the turbo spools that its noticeable like right a way i was driving stepped on it and the spool was quick so much that i gas it again just to check it out.
Here a few pictures of the installation process and a video that btw makes no justice! i'm gonna do a proper video from the outside with different revs so you guys car listen to it.

stock
stock turbo muffler and charge pipe

VALVE
how it looks with the spacer on

how it looks from the top
from the top left side
charge pipe installed

like i said clip makes no justice posting one proper soon
everything together
Any DIY to install the diverter spacer?

Looking at the space available, how the hell did you tighten everything down? lol That's a tight fit and I have big hands.

Last edited by tnilc; 07-21-18 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-25-18, 08:57 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke

guys agreeing or not its a proven fact scaling is a must for maximizing the power and fine tuning, it is actually a mandatory for big setup or detonation will be off the chart and u will end up driving safe map only

plus strongest 200t here and has a stock tube
The MAF housing size is not altered so no recalibration is needed for the MAF. If the MAF housing is enlarged then the map will need to be altered. The HPS does not replace the housing as it is just the tube after the MAF.
Old 07-25-18, 08:05 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35

The MAF housing size is not altered so no recalibration is needed for the MAF. If the MAF housing is enlarged then the map will need to be altered. The HPS does not replace the housing as it is just the tube after the MAF.
Your partially correct, if the housing is changed that require calibration and if the OEM designed pipe after the MAF is changed it require re-scaling too, why?!! because the amount of air mass, flow and velocity going into the engine is changed due to the change in design of the pipe.

Anyhow you HPS owners are happy thats what matter
Old 07-26-18, 05:00 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Your partially correct, if the housing is changed that require calibration and if the OEM designed pipe after the MAF is changed it require re-scaling too, why?!! because the amount of air mass, flow and velocity going into the engine is changed due to the change in design of the pipe.

Anyhow you HPS owners are happy thats what matter
The amount of air did change but all that air was metered on the way in. To get technical any change to the motor should be tuned for. But changing the Inlet pipe afrter the MAF has a lower effect than say a downpipe. The MAF system is very simple for the most part and as said unless the housing is changed the table for the MAF can be left alone.

BTW I would stay away from the by-pass/diverter valve spacer as it will throw throttle lift/close fueling off significantly which could in-turn cause undue wear to the engine and hurt gas mileage. Our cars are MAF based and should not VTA (vent to atmosphere) unless tuned for it.
Old 08-03-18, 07:49 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...r-8ar-fts.html

Nice deals from TTI!
Old 08-04-18, 09:59 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

From what I've gathered reading over everyone's comments, basically any performance mods done to the is200t will need a tune. Does the same go for axel back and catback exhaust?

Last edited by WhyHateTho; 08-04-18 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-04-18, 10:16 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
From what I've gathered reading over everyone's comments, basically any performance mods done to the is200t will need a tune. Does the same go for axel back and catback exhaust?
That is incorrect, people run mods without a tune, but you won’t get the performance gains you would with a tune of course. It’s best to get a tune if you’re trying to gain HP and Tq which is what I’m assuming is what you’re trying to do since you’re reading this thread.
Old 08-04-18, 06:24 PM
Thesickest
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5

That is incorrect, people run mods without a tune, but you won’t get the performance gains you would with a tune of course. It’s best to get a tune if you’re trying to gain HP and Tq which is what I’m assuming is what you’re trying to do since you’re reading this thread.

you mean a dyno tune right? Cuz I believe the tti tune is completely different from that
Old 08-04-18, 06:58 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Thesickest

you mean a dyno tune right? Cuz I believe the tti tune is completely different from that
No I’m talking about ECU and Piggyback tunes.
Old 08-06-18, 08:03 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

You can add bolt ons such as an intake and exhaust without a tune. Ideally to get the best results of those bolt ons you will need your car to be road/dyno tuned.
Old 08-06-18, 09:36 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,167 Likes on 1,629 Posts

I did sort of a rough test with BMS Stage 1... stopwatch app on my phone. made sure to start the timer the exact moment i floored it from a stop while in D (no brake torque) and end the exact moment i hit 60. I got 7.72s. i'm guessing a lot of that time is waiting for the paint to dry between the time my foot hits the floor and when the car starts to actually go.. lol.

sheddy have you ever tried this type test? i wonder what you'd get. no brake torque. just floor it 0-60.
Old 08-06-18, 11:41 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT
I did sort of a rough test with BMS Stage 1... stopwatch app on my phone. made sure to start the timer the exact moment i floored it from a stop while in D (no brake torque) and end the exact moment i hit 60. I got 7.72s. i'm guessing a lot of that time is waiting for the paint to dry between the time my foot hits the floor and when the car starts to actually go.. lol.

sheddy have you ever tried this type test? i wonder what you'd get. no brake torque. just floor it 0-60.
This is the closest thing to a timed 0-60mph. I did not brake boost, the temps were low and it was around the mid to high 6 second mark.

Last edited by Sheddy; 08-06-18 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-07-18, 08:37 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,167 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
This is the closest thing to a timed 0-60mph. I did not brake boost, the temps were low and it was around the mid to high 6 second mark.

https://youtu.be/AZA2LF-BqCw?t=6
do you find your car to be inconsistent after getting heat soaked? mine feels different all the time. Probably cause our tiny intercoolers.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune