Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-18, 06:45 AM
Lexus989
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ricoo, Is this the JB4 upgrade kit? I'm trying to figure out what will the kit do with the existing stage one piggyback Do they increase the horsepower and torque as well?
Old 08-19-18, 08:06 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Got the JB4 bluetooth connector so i can monitor readings, perform data logs and change maps on the fly.

The install is pretty simple. Connects to the 2 boost sensors like the stage 1, but also has a OBD port connector that has to be wired to the interior through the firewall. The difference with the JB4 and Stage 1 other than getting engine readings are the maps.
Map 0- JB4 disabled
Map 1- +4 psi
Map 2- +5 psi
Map 3- user adjustable boost
Map 4- Stock tune w/ JB4 datalogging
Map 5- +6 psi
Map 6- Boost added by engine speed (RPM)
Map 7- +7 psi
On page 197+ I have some information posted about the JB4. The production model should be identical to mine since I was the beta tester. The JB4 hasn't been dyno tested to see its potential, but once BMS makes it fully functional then I would hope to see them test it.

@Rico, you got the JB4 upgrade. See the link posted below so you can install it.
http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/Q...B4_UPGRADE.pdf

Last edited by Sheddy; 08-19-18 at 08:13 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
Lexus989 (08-19-18), Ricoo (08-20-18)
Old 08-20-18, 10:40 AM
Ricoo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus989
Ricoo, Is this the JB4 upgrade kit? I'm trying to figure out what will the kit do with the existing stage one piggyback Do they increase the horsepower and torque as well?
yea green & brown wires, OBD connector, and a BMS S1 without the case.
thanks @sheddy
Old 08-20-18, 12:02 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

After running the stock tune and then BMS for some time i was finally able to load my TTI Stage 2+ and the car is running like a champ. I am hoping to dyno my car again since the last results were done incorrectly. As you can see the run didn't start till later in the RPM range.

Last edited by Sheddy; 08-20-18 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-20-18, 05:23 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

The JB4 will have more features than Stage 1, but they are both doing the same job. With the data cable you will be able to adjust the boost settings higher with the addition of the downpipe.

One question, does the new jb4 tune anything other than the boost sensors? The boost sensors will only do so much. There's a limit to what you can do in terms of manipulating the sensors. Regardless of if you're running +2 psi or 7+ psi the boost sensors will still only peak 1.5 psi in the lower rpm range and hold 1 psi on the high end. The difference in power between +7 psi is the same as +2 psi. At least this was my experience. It sounds like the jb4 upgrade only really provides data logging
Old 08-20-18, 05:55 PM
mvaldez24
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 08-20-18, 05:57 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

When I tested the BMS we saw an increase in power at +4, +5 and +6psi. I do agree that less is more in some situations and we got the best performance at +5psi (230whp 280wtq) . At +6 we saw a higher peak torque but a lower peak power.
Old 08-21-18, 01:50 AM
pnoygil
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After running the stock tune and then BMS for some time i was finally able to load my TTI Stage 2+ and the car is running like a champ. I am hoping to dyno my car again since the last results were done incorrectly. As you can see the run didn't start till later in the RPM range.
Sheddy how long did u have to wait until u got your stage 2 plus bin after sending the file to TTi?
i already sent mine and its almost 2 days and i still havent get mine yet? Im just waiting for it so i can schedule my dyno next monday...
im a bit exited what will be the car making after spending almost $2.5k this month
Old 08-21-18, 06:19 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pnoygil
Sheddy how long did u have to wait until u got your stage 2 plus bin after sending the file to TTi?
i already sent mine and its almost 2 days and i still havent get mine yet? Im just waiting for it so i can schedule my dyno next monday...
im a bit exited what will be the car making after spending almost $2.5k this month
There's a 1 to 2 day turnaround period so you should be getting it soon. What other modifications have you done for $2500??
Old 08-21-18, 10:02 AM
pnoygil
Rookie

There's a 1 to 2 day turnaround period so you should be getting it soon. What other modifications have you done for $2500??
okay thanks sounds good!
full invidia exhaust, PPE downpipe, HPS intake silicone, Lexus F-Sport air filter, charge pipe, turbo muffler delete, aftermarket heat exchanger with Toyota auxiliary pump, innovate wideband, two universal Catch can, and last but not least TTi stage 2 plus with HKS spark plug... i pulled the plug out of no where and did it just this month... broke AF lmao
Old 08-21-18, 11:21 AM
nan88
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

okay thanks sounds good!
full invidia exhaust, PPE downpipe, HPS intake silicone, Lexus F-Sport air filter, charge pipe, turbo muffler delete, aftermarket heat exchanger with Toyota auxiliary pump, innovate wideband, two universal Catch can, and last but not least TTi stage 2 plus with HKS spark plug... i pulled the plug out of no where and did it just this month... broke AF lmao
Very nice!
Where did you hook up your catch can?
What is the aftermarket heat exchanger with auxiliary pump?
Old 08-21-18, 11:41 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

okay thanks sounds good!
Wow, that's an extensive list! Do you have any pictures of the aftermarket heat exchanger setup? This is definitely on my to do list.
Old 08-21-18, 01:00 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,652 Posts

okay thanks sounds good!
did you pull the charcoal filter?
Old 08-21-18, 02:41 PM
pnoygil
Rookie

Originally Posted by nan88
Very nice!
Where did you hook up your catch can?
What is the aftermarket heat exchanger with auxiliary pump?
I got the heat exchanger from ebay but I cant find the link its a dual pass heat exchanger
water pump:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OW32Z68?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OW32Z68?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title
catch can:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XK9PTP7?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2 https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XK9PTP7?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2
Old 08-21-18, 02:45 PM
pnoygil
Rookie

Wow, that's an extensive list! Do you have any pictures of the aftermarket heat exchanger setup? This is definitely on my to do list.
i will try to take pics this afternoon afterwork

Quick Reply: IS200t tune