Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-17, 09:36 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
which site is selling it anyways? I tired to search it and found nothing
I'm getting mine at Meraki Autoworks.
Old 03-21-17, 09:40 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by cbus
I'm getting mine at Meraki Autoworks.
I found them on ebay for $190

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPS-Blue-Sil...NYzHU~&vxp=mtr
Old 03-21-17, 10:43 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 03-21-17, 11:01 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

I hope they make something like this... its like a JB light... $199. I asked Terry on the forums a while ago and he said they'd consider making it for our cars. it's like 3 wires and super duper easy plug and play. 5 second install. I think it would make something like 3 lbs instead of 4? I think you can dial it how you want it. But up to 3. only one parameter is changed i think its the manifold absolute pressure. nothing else. the computer would compensate for all other values. worth it to some maybe? I'm not super duper excited about going all out for a piggy back so far. Would still like someone to post videos of any IS200t with any tune or piggy back. Something =)

Old 03-21-17, 11:35 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT
I hope they make something like this... its like a JB light... $199. I asked Terry on the forums a while ago and he said they'd consider making it for our cars. it's like 3 wires and super duper easy plug and play. 5 second install. I think it would make something like 3 lbs instead of 4? I think you can dial it how you want it. But up to 3. only one parameter is changed i think its the manifold absolute pressure. nothing else. the computer would compensate for all other values. worth it to some maybe? I'm not super duper excited about going all out for a piggy back so far. Would still like someone to post videos of any IS200t with any tune or piggy back. Something =)
Like i was telling Nuke, BMS came out with this tune since November 2015. Their priority and money maker are on BMW products, so i feel as though there is no urgency on this piggyback plus they have been waiting for their supplier to provide connectors, motherboards etc. but they are behind schedule. I've been in touch with Terry since he announced it on instagram and i was lucky to obtain a prototype which i did testing on and gave my feedback. From testing other piggyback systems i still feel this is far superior than the others and i would highly recommend waiting on it.
Old 03-21-17, 12:13 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Like i was telling Nuke, BMS came out with this tune since November 2015. Their priority and money maker are on BMW products, so i feel as though there is no urgency on this piggyback plus they have been waiting for their supplier to provide connectors, motherboards etc. but they are behind schedule. I've been in touch with Terry since he announced it on instagram and i was lucky to obtain a prototype which i did testing on and gave my feedback. From testing other piggyback systems i still feel this is far superior than the others and i would highly recommend waiting on it.
oh yeah i knnow its all about the waiting game. my friend's 335i back in 2007 was the first prototype for the original juicebox--what was originally a rats nest of wires has now turned into a refined box. i remember back in the day how long it took to get to the production phase. and we used to test Terry's 135i at the track weekend after weekend at Famoso. Used to drag against my friend's 08 M3 when it first came out. That 135i was fast. I think he still has it lol. anyway this was many moons ago so I know he really tests his products before they start selling and i know he makes a great product. Just hard to wait.. oh well At least we get to see if your engine pops first =D Are you confident with it so far?
Old 03-21-17, 12:50 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

oh yeah i knnow its all about the waiting game. my friend's 335i back in 2007 was the first prototype for the original juicebox--what was originally a rats nest of wires has now turned into a refined box. i remember back in the day how long it took to get to the production phase. and we used to test Terry's 135i at the track weekend after weekend at Famoso. Used to drag against my friend's 08 M3 when it first came out. That 135i was fast. I think he still has it lol. anyway this was many moons ago so I know he really tests his products before they start selling and i know he makes a great product. Just hard to wait.. oh well At least we get to see if your engine pops first =D Are you confident with it so far?
Yea Terry and the BMS crew came a long way, and he still has the 135I as their shop car. I highly doubt that the piggyback can damage this motor, i've ran my car hard a lot of times and no issues, no popping here lol.
Old 03-21-17, 01:51 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Yea Terry and the BMS crew came a long way, and he still has the 135I as their shop car. I highly doubt that the piggyback can damage this motor, i've ran my car hard a lot of times and no issues, no popping here lol.

The two areas I would be concerned about (as with any stock car on a piggy back) are the cats from overheating and the charge pipe popping.

How does the off the line acceleration feel when you stomp from a dead stop? Just as stock but more powerful? No weird lumps? I was looking at your NX thread and appears the torque and power curves are pretty nice and consistent through out the range, especially vs Toms. Looks like BMS makes the same peak gains as TOMs, but longer on the short end.
Old 03-22-17, 04:31 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

The two areas I would be concerned about (as with any stock car on a piggy back) are the cats from overheating and the charge pipe popping.

How does the off the line acceleration feel when you stomp from a dead stop? Just as stock but more powerful? No weird lumps? I was looking at your NX thread and appears the torque and power curves are pretty nice and consistent through out the range, especially vs Toms. Looks like BMS makes the same peak gains as TOMs, but longer on the short end.
Actually it is a lot safer than a reflash because it is still using the stock ECU tune to adjust the parameters. You are not going to overboost dangerously with the piggyback so the stock plumming is safe. The car acts normal in every aspect just with that extra power where you can definitely notice it. The great thing about the BMS is that you can buy the USB data cable and change the Maps for more boost if you eventually decide to install a downpipe or turboback exhaust.

Last edited by Sheddy; 03-22-17 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-22-17, 04:44 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Actually it is a lot safer than a reflash because it is still using the stock ECU tune to adjust the parameters. You are not going to overboost with the piggyback so the stock plumming is safe. The car acts normal in every aspect just with that extra power where you can definitely notice it. The great thing about the BMS is that you can buy the USB data cable and change the Maps for more boost if you eventually decide to install a downpipe or turboback exhaust.
how complicated is that and do you require any special tools?

Because am planning for DP and other things so if that's the case then BMS would be the best option for me
Old 03-22-17, 05:50 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

how complicated is that and do you require any special tools?

Because am planning for DP and other things so if that's the case then BMS would be the best option for me
Its pretty simple,there's the JB4 application that can be downloaded onto your MAC or PC and you can change the maps from there.

Old 03-22-17, 06:28 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

TTI Motorsport reflash coming soon!

Last edited by Sheddy; 03-22-17 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-22-17, 07:41 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Its pretty simple,there's the JB4 application that can be downloaded onto your MAC or PC and you can change the maps from there.
That's nifty....dam it now I have to wait for them since I was about to order Toms
Old 03-23-17, 06:32 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

That's nifty....dam it now I have to wait for them since I was about to order Toms
Yea, you may have to buy the data cable separately since it looks like the prototype doesn't have it, but it's a simple plug and play.

http://www.burgertuning.com/USB_Cable_Extension.html

Old 03-24-17, 06:13 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

TTI Motorsport reflash coming soon!
Interested to see how TTI and OVTuned differ.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune