Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-19, 08:02 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Hello again everyone.

Thanks for being patient. We will be sending out files to test out for some of our previous customers. We have been working on so much stuff lately for this ECU. We will have an in-depth blog post on this today.
Along with some more information about what is going on in our tune.
We'd also like to offer a few things:
1. A free tune kit for someone interested in getting before and after results on our flash - totally 3rd party, independent. If someone is active with a local shop / tuner we will even pay your dyno time.
2. a re-introductory price on our upcoming flash kits. (after results)

You can read more here:
https://www.ovtuned.com/blogs/news/8...rom-patch-1-01

Note.. .this is only a SMALL percent of what we have changed. We've redesigned nearly everything in this ECU.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 02-11-19 at 09:01 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
Ricoo (02-11-19), WhyHateTho (02-11-19)
Old 02-11-19, 09:07 AM
1stwrldprb
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been patiently waiting for a tune from you guys, mainly because you seem to be the only one capable of controlling throttle input. I like to do acceleration performance testing on my cars as the miles pile up, as sort of a health checkup. Normally I do that by 1/4 mile runs but I'll be willing to do a dyno as well, and I have access to a few places here in FL that can dyno.

My is200t is going in for its 80k mile service this weekend and I plan to do fresh spark plugs as it ran slower than expected 5k miles ago at 75k miles. I did 15.5@91mph. I plan to run it again bone stock after the plugs to see if it made a difference, and I'll run it again if/once its tuned. I'm very excited about your progress
Old 02-11-19, 09:19 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Originally Posted by 1stwrldprb
I've been patiently waiting for a tune from you guys, mainly because you seem to be the only one capable of controlling throttle input. I like to do acceleration performance testing on my cars as the miles pile up, as sort of a health checkup. Normally I do that by 1/4 mile runs but I'll be willing to do a dyno as well, and I have access to a few places here in FL that can dyno.

My is200t is going in for its 80k mile service this weekend and I plan to do fresh spark plugs as it ran slower than expected 5k miles ago at 75k miles. I did 15.5@91mph. I plan to run it again bone stock after the plugs to see if it made a difference, and I'll run it again if/once its tuned. I'm very excited about your progress

Modifying throttle limits is only a small part of what we've changed.
Our patch rewrites how the transmission shift tables work. We can even set a dedicated track mode where the ECU will only use Sport shift + 7000 RPM limiter on high boost setting as soon as you start the car.
- rewrites boost target by drive mode (eco, normal, sport) and rev and shift limits by mode
- patch eliminates stock airload caps in the ECU.
-patch modifies how fast the transmission shifts..
the list is extensive.

I dont think anyone else has even offered bumping up the rev limit. Not only can we change the rev limit to whatever we want, we can and do modify how each mode adjusted shifting, limiter and boost.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 02-11-19 at 09:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WhyHateTho (02-11-19)
Old 02-11-19, 04:28 PM
NEEDB00ST
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
Modifying throttle limits is only a small part of what we've changed.
Our patch rewrites how the transmission shift tables work. We can even set a dedicated track mode where the ECU will only use Sport shift + 7000 RPM limiter on high boost setting as soon as you start the car.
- rewrites boost target by drive mode (eco, normal, sport) and rev and shift limits by mode
- patch eliminates stock airload caps in the ECU.
-patch modifies how fast the transmission shifts..
the list is extensive.

I dont think anyone else has even offered bumping up the rev limit. Not only can we change the rev limit to whatever we want, we can and do modify how each mode adjusted shifting, limiter and boost.

This sounds amazing. Looks like you guys are really coming through.

So the 6000 rpm redline is just something Toyota programmed in to handicap the car eh? Assuming that is the case if you can safely raise the redline to 7k without any modification.

Have you guys worked on any turbo modifications to go with your tune?

When do you anticipate it will be available for sale?

OrangeVirus Tuning (02-11-19)
Old 02-11-19, 04:56 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Originally Posted by NEEDB00ST
This sounds amazing. Looks like you guys are really coming through.

So the 6000 rpm redline is just something Toyota programmed in to handicap the car eh? Assuming that is the case if you can safely raise the redline to 7k without any modification.

Have you guys worked on any turbo modifications to go with your tune?

When do you anticipate it will be available for sale?

The 6000 RPM red line is more so a limit of the turbos flow ability, than the engines ability to handle 7000 RPM. Regardless we test everything on our very own IS200T development vehicle extensively before release.
We have been slow, we completely understand that. This stuff is very hard to do. But we are very confident that our new ERom 1.01 Patched ECU tunes will be unbeatable in terms of performance and response. Nothing else out there even comes close to the work we've done.

Once we finalize all of our stock turbo stuff we have a bigger turbo waiting to go on it.

Also regarding the DI/PFI talk. We have control over when the Port and Direct injection. We can turn the PFI injectors on to help with valve cleaning.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 02-11-19 at 04:59 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
skyshadow (02-12-19), WhyHateTho (02-12-19)
Old 02-12-19, 09:53 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Someone should definitely volunteer to test OV's tune.
If you are in South Florida i can arrange dyno time at a really good price.
Old 02-12-19, 10:18 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
If I had easy access to a Dyno up here in Jacksonville I’d offer but alas I don’t.
Old 02-12-19, 11:58 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
Also regarding the DI/PFI talk. We have control over when the Port and Direct injection. We can turn the PFI injectors on to help with valve cleaning.
SOOOOOO EXCITED! A cleaning mode!!
Old 02-12-19, 01:24 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
im down. I think they r in Arlington VA. Only 4 hours from me. Would be willing to test it. Could even run up to the shop. Would be nice to see comparison of numbers with what i have dynoed right now.
Old 02-12-19, 02:05 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I PM'd them
Old 02-12-19, 02:31 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by skyshadow
I PM'd them
did the same last night. No response yet
Old 02-12-19, 02:37 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5

I was under the impression from my research that port injection occurred during low performance or while cruising? DI usually happens during high load by itself with no port injection. I could be wrong though, I’m seeing conflicting reports here on CL.
Originally Posted by skyshadow
I will run it up to the Foreman tomorrow but you have to remember, some of our biggest power improvements where when we switched to DI. It bit us in the *** and we had to start using port again to wash the valves. We left port for performance, port is not our performer.
Found this blurb from this car and driver article:

"The ultimate strategy is combining both PI and DI benefits, using each to diminish the other’s negatives. Toyota, for example, fires both injectors during low to medium load and rpm conditions—in other words, during normal driving. This raises the density of the incoming charge without boosting and flushes carbon deposits off the intake valves. During high load and rpm circumstances, when maximum combustion chamber cooling is needed because detonation is more likely, DI handles all the fuel delivery."

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...ect-injection/
skyshadow (02-14-19)
Old 02-13-19, 05:51 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Best way to message us is by support@ovtune.zendesk.com

A few people on here will be running one of our EROM maps and will be able to give their own feedback.
This weekend I will have some boost plots / videos and other data for you guys.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 02-14-19 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-14-19, 03:57 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Check this out guys
466 WHP / 420 Torque

Old 02-14-19, 04:09 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Some more information and log data regarding our EROM 1.01 Patch for the IS/NX/RC 200T
- ECU is closely following our Custom coded boost target,
- ECU also follows our intercooler temperature boost modifier table.

Log data shows the boost pressure vs EROM table
Log data below shows throttle position at full boost in low RPM (around 2000 and up, high gear)
Video below shows this as well.

You can see in the video around the 2:00 mark that when you floor from a stop, with no throttle limitations the turbocharger (stock) can have a difficult time maintaining more than 15psi of boost pressure. This is mainly due to the size of the OEM unit, and that our vehicle is stock, stock catalyst, stock exhaust.

Target peak boost pressure is 20psi on our 1.01 EROM Tune (Stock vehicle, 93 octane). 19 psi for 91 octane.

Wastegate duty at this boost pressure is roughly 65-70%. Close to being tapped out (again, stock exhaust).
Waterpump duty is also quite high, as the engine produces a lot of heat from these boost pressures and no throttle limit.

Throttle see here:

Wastegate Duty:

Waterpump duty, with inlet temps around 60ish* F.

EROM Primary Engine Boost Target (before temperature compensations)
Actual resulting boost (see pull near end):

Unedited Video of our stock IS200T development car taking a drive.
You can see the difference in response and immediate spool up in low RPM.
Check various pulls in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear you can see it is a steady and smooth acceleration from the throttle not being limited. Unlike stock where it is laggy until the sudden spike at 4000RPM.

Note-able video areas:
2:50 (2nd gear pull no limitation)
3:35 (3rd gear full pull)

Note, at around 70 * C (160* F) Our temperature compensation will reduce maximum allowed throttle to 50%. This is due to how quickly the stock intercooler gets hot when you run several full throttle pulls.
The intercooler itself is not really the problem, it is the turbocharger. At high boost pressure, without the throttle limiting flow, turbocharger shaft speed is extremely high and the boost air temperature is very hot.

The following 5 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
Flash5 (02-15-19), loophole35 (02-15-19), matttev (02-14-19), nan88 (02-16-19), skyshadow (02-15-19)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune