Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-19, 09:58 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus989
Is your tune compatible with NX 200T...as i know the gearbox are not the same..NX using 6 speed auto.
It is, I Pm'd and asked because I am also running the NX.
The following users liked this post:
Lexus989 (03-10-19)
Old 03-10-19, 01:47 PM
Thesickest
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If anyone in LA has purchased this tuned I would like to see the difference between OV’s and TTI’s I’m currently running their stage 2+
Old 03-10-19, 03:41 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

If we buy the OV tune but dont flash our car with it can the license be resold? I want to buy it to take advantage if the intro price but im not sure whether ill be keeeping my car or not
Old 03-10-19, 06:40 PM
Lexus989
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skyshadow
It is, I Pm'd and asked because I am also running the NX.
Well, if that so, i'm looking forward to purchase soon..currently running JB4.
Old 03-10-19, 11:25 PM
PGARazor
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If you have a tune already, will you need to go back to stock or can this be added on top of tune?
Pacific13 (03-11-19)
Old 03-11-19, 01:51 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Good question, not sure but to avoid issues I wouldn't stack flash tunes. Just my opinion, not that it matters.
Old 03-11-19, 05:40 PM
rawzkee
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Noob here. Anyone know if the OV tune could be reversed and leave no trace of it when taking to the dealer? I know with a piggyback its possible, but not sure if this is any different. I have roughly another 3 years of warranty left so wouldn't want to lose it, but the throttle lag KILLS what otherwise would be a solid car.
Old 03-11-19, 06:38 PM
PGARazor
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Why,

Yea, thinking if the lag is completely removed i probably try it. Still have fun with Stage 2+ on the highway on way to work and back home.
Old 03-12-19, 02:18 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by PGARazor
If you have a tune already, will you need to go back to stock or can this be added on top of tune?
I went ahead and bought the pre-order just now, with TAX19 code. Almost a no brainer since the price was similar to what TTi asked for to upgrade a Stage 1 tune to Stage 2.

Flashing TTi's tune was pretty quick since that one only changed values in factory tables. If you read OV's test blog, they seem to imply that the very logic of the ECU was altered, not just the table values. While I expect OV's tune to be a complete reflash and take a longer time to flash than TTi's, it might be better to flash back to stock first just to make sure there are no unintended remnants of data blocks, etc.

Hope this helped.

Last edited by chezgk; 03-12-19 at 02:22 AM.
Pacific13 (03-12-19)
Old 03-12-19, 03:42 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Flashing is simple, painless and takes less than 2 minutes.
Our software also allows you to do a full readout (about 15 minutes) of the stock ECU before flashing if you would like to. (on New ROMs for support, new ECU IDs, this is required.)
For any ECU ID that is yet to be built and patched, you'll need to dump the ECU details and stock ROM. Again, 1 button, super easy.

We are currently cleaning up a few code paths for throttle control in the higher gears (6-8).

Thank you to everyone who pre-ordered. Note, Pre-order pricing ends March 15th. And at the rate of how quickly we run out of cables, ordering after the 15th there will be a delay in shipments (generally + 1 week).

We've also got several requests of patching the ignition to create the exhaust burble / popping. This can be done.

Right now we are working with a IS200T in Asia to patch the final high gear throttle code to ensure these tunes are solid for cars in the USA and outside the USA.

NX200T is also supported. Transmission tuning is slightly different however Engine tuning is the same.

There are something that we will be working on in our 1.02 patch as well, including > Shift pattern simplification
We can set the ECU up to always use a single shift pattern (for example car starts in Sport mode.. etc).

I appreciate everyone's patience. The demand right now is very high. We are going as fast as possible to get back to everyone.

Originally Posted by Miintt
If we buy the OV tune but dont flash our car with it can the license be resold? I want to buy it to take advantage if the intro price but im not sure whether ill be keeeping my car or not
I am a bit confused why someone would want to purchase with the intention of not using it.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 03-12-19 at 03:47 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
chezgk (03-12-19), MllG0 (03-13-19), Pacific13 (03-13-19), Snow (03-15-19)
Old 03-12-19, 04:01 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
I am a bit confused why someone would want to purchase with the intention of not using it.
My car is leased, not bought. The lease is coming up soon but I’m contemplating buying it out. If I do keep the car I would like the tune of course. If I don’t end up keeping it the tune would be a waste. I’d like to take advantage of the promo pricing but I wouldn’t actually flash the car until I know for sure that I’ll be keeping it.
Old 03-12-19, 04:30 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt

My car is leased, not bought. The lease is coming up soon but I’m contemplating buying it out. If I do keep the car I would like the tune of course. If I don’t end up keeping it the tune would be a waste. I’d like to take advantage of the promo pricing but I wouldn’t actually flash the car until I know for sure that I’ll be keeping it.
If you don't use it in the end, and send the cable out, we can transfer the software to the new owner.
But if it is used, it cannot be transferred.

Old 03-12-19, 04:55 PM
ModTrav
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Super excited for March 15th! and glad to hear about the burble tune! Will this be already released in the current patch or at a later date? Can't wait to represent your brand out here in Houston!
Old 03-12-19, 05:14 PM
Lexus989
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NX200T is also supported. Transmission tuning is slightly different however Engine tuning is the same.
Is the transmission tune already done for NX in current patch?

Old 03-12-19, 06:54 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Flashing is simple, painless and takes less than 2 minutes.
Our software also allows you to do a full readout (about 15 minutes) of the stock ECU before flashing if you would like to. (on New ROMs for support, new ECU IDs, this is required.)
For any ECU ID that is yet to be built and patched, you'll need to dump the ECU details and stock ROM. Again, 1 button, super easy.

We are currently cleaning up a few code paths for throttle control in the higher gears (6-8).

Thank you to everyone who pre-ordered. Note, Pre-order pricing ends March 15th. And at the rate of how quickly we run out of cables, ordering after the 15th there will be a delay in shipments (generally + 1 week).

We've also got several requests of patching the ignition to create the exhaust burble / popping. This can be done.

Right now we are working with a IS200T in Asia to patch the final high gear throttle code to ensure these tunes are solid for cars in the USA and outside the USA.

There are something that we will be working on in our 1.02 patch as well, including > Shift pattern simplification
We can set the ECU up to always use a single shift pattern (for example car starts in Sport mode.. etc).

I appreciate everyone's patience. The demand right now is very high. We are going as fast as possible to get back to everyone.

First off, fantastic response time for my queries earlier today. I was the one who requested for no flash cable for my NX tune, and my messages regarding more technical issues of the tune were generally replied to in 10 minutes or less.

Would patching for the exhaust burble affect engine longevity?

Would incremental modifications, an AEM intake box, for example, necessitate logging and changes in the tune?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: IS200t tune