Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-19, 03:12 PM
nan88
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Have been absent from CL for awhile, finally able to check in to see the OVTune is available.
To my surprise someone fitted a 2UR v8 into a 3IS. I've missed out!
Unfortunately I missed the pre-order date/pricing.
While I was missing, I was able to get a (N300) (2GR-FKS) Tacoma and also looking to OVTune it as well.
Just like the 8AR-FTS, the 2GR stock tune in the Tacoma leaves much to be desired.

Just ordered and hope to see much more drivablility out of the IS200t.
Very excited to see what Matthew has been up to and what has led to me posting.

There are a few topics I wanted to talk-about/general-fyis in future posts if time allows:
  • Engine knock/AFR - Will log stock tune and OVTune knock values through techstream (this should also capture the super-knock concerns @Clarjoa). I can't remember if TechStream monitors AFR, but will also monitor/log if it does.
  • Boost regulator valve (PN# 25819-0W010) - A few of us on here had a bad initial batch that failed on stock pressures. With increased boost pressures this could be a future problem part. I might order an extra one to be safe since my IS200t is an initial model. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...t-issue-4.html
  • A 3rd-gen (N300) tacoma had its ECU bricked during a (TSB) flash. Fortunately Matthew fixed it for him (pic attached). The conclusion of the failure was caused by poor battery voltage. Flashing should be very safe due to software protections and will only be affected by external factors. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...xed-it.564091/ Unrelated, Matthew mentioned 150+ orders were lined up when he released his tune for it. So he is a busy man lol, especially when he releases updates for a platform.

Last edited by nan88; 03-30-19 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-29-19, 04:43 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by nan88
Have been absent from CL for awhile, finally able to check in to see the OVTune is available.
To my surprise someone fitted a 2UR v8 into a 3IS. I've missed out!
Unfortunately I missed the pre-order date/pricing.
While I was missing, I was able to get a (N300) (2GR-FKS) Tacoma and also looking to OVTune it as well.
Just like the 8AR-FTS, the 2GR stock tune in the Tacoma leaves much to be desired.

Just ordered and hope to see much more drivablility out of the IS200t.
Very excited to see what Matthew has been up to and what has led to me posting.

There are a few topics I wanted to talk-about/general-fyis in future posts if time allows:
  • Engine knock/AFR - Will log stock tune and OVTune knock values through techstream (this should also capture the super-knock concerns @Clarjoa). I can't remember if TechStream monitors AFR, but will also monitor/log if it does.
  • Boost regulator valve (PN# 25819-0W010) - A few of us on here had a bad initial batch that failed on stock pressures. With increased boost pressures this could be a future problem part. I might order an extra one to be safe since my IS200t is an initial model. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...t-issue-4.html
  • A 3rd-gen (N300) tacoma had its ECU bricked during a flash. Fortunately Matthew fixed it for him (pic attached). The conclusion of the failure was caused by poor battery voltage. Flashing should be very safe due to software protections and will only be affected by external factors. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...xed-it.564091/ Unrelated, Matthew mentioned 150+ orders were lined up when he released his tune for it. So he is a busy man lol, especially when he releases updates for a platform.

This particular ECU actually failed during an update from Toyotas techstream software ( TSB update from toyota) not from our tune software.

In the event of a failed flash with our software, you do not have to do anything except flash again.
- No special tools, No removing the ECU, nothing. Just flash again.

If you guys watched our facebook over the last few days we had a last minute update with our test vehicle for the transmission. We're nearly complete with setting up the ROMs.

NX200T in particular may require a bit more transmission tuning due to the differences.
Old 03-30-19, 10:42 AM
nan88
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the clarification, post updated and corrected.
Old 04-01-19, 12:13 PM
ModTrav
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone have their car tuned yet? Would love to see a video! Also, anyone going to do dyno run? Would like to see numbers with someone who has FBO ( air intake, downpipe, exhaust kit etc..)
Old 04-02-19, 12:33 AM
vanillatag
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also curious if anyone has completed flashing their ECU and what's experience with the throttle response, power boost, driveability....etc.
Old 04-02-19, 12:50 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm still waiting for my tune. I believe I'm one of the first to have sent an ECU dump to OV for this batch of 8AR orders, having not needed to wait for the flash cable.
Old 04-02-19, 05:43 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Originally Posted by chezgk
I'm still waiting for my tune. I believe I'm one of the first to have sent an ECU dump to OV for this batch of 8AR orders, having not needed to wait for the flash cable.
We've got all files patched now and will be sending out tune files for 91 and 93 octane to everyone this week who sent us a ECU Dump.

I'll have a complete list of what's altered posted soon.

That includes old customers who have been here since we started development years ago. You will be updated this week too.

We just finished our latest round of code and everything is all set. We've also got a pretty awesome engine protection patch coming in 1.02. Due to how hot these turbochargers get after just a few pulls.
Old 04-03-19, 04:09 PM
ModTrav
Rookie

Glad to hear about the protection patch! Cant wait for the tunes to be rolling out! Will be steadily watching my e-mails haha
Old 04-03-19, 08:58 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
We've got all files patched now and will be sending out tune files for 91 and 93 octane to everyone this week who sent us a ECU Dump.

That includes old customers who have been here since we started development years ago. You will be updated this week too.

We just finished our latest round of code and everything is all set. We've also got a pretty awesome engine protection patch coming in 1.02. Due to how hot these turbochargers get after just a few pulls.
That's great news. Will be waiting and hoping to get it before the weekend. Hope you were able to implement transmission improvements in the NX tune as well, as you mentioned in response to my original inquiry.
Old 04-03-19, 09:40 PM
Rich565
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think upgrading the intercooler will help this issue.?

Do any of these stages have an upgraded intercooler, i see a down pipe. is there viable options for larger, better placed intercoolers. I cant wait to have a project complete so you can rake my money lol.
Old 04-03-19, 09:53 PM
ModTrav
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rich565
Do any of these stages have an upgraded intercooler, i see a down pipe. is there viable options for larger, better placed intercoolers. I cant wait to have a project complete so you can rake my money lol.
Most turbocharged engines produce a lot of heat hence all the heat shield protection inside the engine bay but there are a whole lot of other protective ingredients that help cool our vehicle. If I were you, I would purchase the GReddy Radiator Breather Tank from ProImportTurners website to help under harsh driving conditions. I have seen great improvements of this mod on my vehicle since I take it to the track once a month for some fun play dates. We won’t have to upgrade our internals just yet just because of this tune. Maybe once we have unleashed hybrid turbo upgrades, if that ever happens, or even get an E85 tune but that’s still a few blocks down the unbeaten path.
Old 04-04-19, 05:25 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

EROM Tunes by ID release tomorrow :
53N82
53N83
53Q22

(still working on 2018 GS300)
I will be available all weekend if anyone runs into any issues or needs help.
The following 2 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
chezgk (04-04-19), rawzkee (04-04-19)
Old 04-05-19, 12:39 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Hey folks,

We will be sending out tune files to everyone this evening with those IDs. Thank you for your patience. And thank you to the customers who got us the additional ECU info we needed (like on the NX200T)

So, we have a question. After we get through this round of setting up stage 1/2 EROM 1.01 tunes, we will be working on some new features (that are already in the works)

What we were thinking, and wanted to get some feedback on from the community >
Would you guys be interested in having a different tune build into our flash, depending on mode.
Here is what we mean >
when you put the mode selector into "eco"
the ECU will change to a different map
ECO >
Boost target
Ignition table
Fueling
VVT

Normal> Different map (map 2)
Different boost target
Ignition table / fueling / VVT

Sport > Map 3
Different boost target / ignition timing / Fueling / VVT

(also each will have it's own shift tables as well)
Old 04-05-19, 12:51 PM
ModTrav
Rookie

Hey folks,

We will be sending out tune files to everyone this evening with those IDs. Thank you for your patience. And thank you to the customers who got us the additional ECU info we needed (like on the NX200T)

So, we have a question. After we get through this round of setting up stage 1/2 EROM 1.01 tunes, we will be working on some new features (that are already in the works)

What we were thinking, and wanted to get some feedback on from the community >
Would you guys be interested in having a different tune build into our flash, depending on mode.
Here is what we mean >
when you put the mode selector into "eco"
the ECU will change to a different map
ECO >
Boost target
Ignition table
Fueling
VVT

Normal> Different map (map 2)
Different boost target
Ignition table / fueling / VVT

Sport > Map 3
Different boost target / ignition timing / Fueling / VVT

(also each will have it's own shift tables as well)
Hello, IS200T owner here, I think your idea of setting up an ECO tune map, Normal tune map, and Sport+ tune map would be an great update to have! I do like having my car being fuel efficient since I daily it and would be nice to have that option of detuning if you will, with a switch of a button, especially after harsh driving conditions.
Old 04-05-19, 01:11 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Completely agree with you.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune