Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-19, 06:51 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RC350s
Thinking about getting this for my 2016 NX200t... does the tune file fix the O2 cell code/error that comes up from an aftermarket catless downpipe?
Pasting my reply to your private message asking for the diff between TTi and OV (and adding some) here, for the benefit of all:

I've used OV's tune for close to a month and a half now and have used TTi's tune for almost a year. I've driven both tunes on spirited mountain runs, bumper to bumper traffic, and pretty much everything in between.

TTi has better low- and mid- range grunt (until maybe 2500-3000 rpm) and snappier shifting. The transmission is more eager to downshift in auto mode, too.

OV has better pedal response and absolute top end power, helped in a big way by raising the rev limit, which TTi could never do. However, you can get pretty deep in the accelerator in auto mode, and it still wouldn't downshift. This could be confined to the NX's 6AT and inapplicable to the IS's 8AT.

OV has posted recently that their latest update should improve the 2500-3000 range, though I'm not sure when that will start trickling out to customers.

Last edited by chezgk; 05-15-19 at 06:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Pacific13 (05-16-19)
Old 05-16-19, 05:40 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Will be sending out files to several of you guys today
Old 05-16-19, 06:02 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
Looking forward to it. Carried my laptop & OBDII V3 Flash Cable to work with me. 😎
Old 05-16-19, 06:03 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

TCU issues sorted? Stock limiter? Just asking.
Old 05-16-19, 06:28 AM
Clarjoa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Including 89663-53P01?
Old 05-16-19, 07:29 AM
RC350s
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by chezgk
Pasting my reply to your private message asking for the diff between TTi and OV (and adding some) here, for the benefit of all:

I've used OV's tune for close to a month and a half now and have used TTi's tune for almost a year. I've driven both tunes on spirited mountain runs, bumper to bumper traffic, and pretty much everything in between.

TTi has better low- and mid- range grunt (until maybe 2500-3000 rpm) and snappier shifting. The transmission is more eager to downshift in auto mode, too.

OV has better pedal response and absolute top end power, helped in a big way by raising the rev limit, which TTi could never do. However, you can get pretty deep in the accelerator in auto mode, and it still wouldn't downshift. This could be confined to the NX's 6AT and inapplicable to the IS's 8AT.

OV has posted recently that their latest update should improve the 2500-3000 range, though I'm not sure when that will start trickling out to customers.
Excellent info, thanks. Which one do you prefer?
Old 05-16-19, 11:20 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Originally Posted by Clarjoa
Including 89663-53P01?

yes all ecus today. (by my evening time. Currently sending out more right now) as I usually work late (7-8pm)

Originally Posted by chezgk

1.01G-C sent to you. (let me know by email your thoughts, and the datalog we need)

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
TCU issues sorted? Stock limiter? Just asking.
Currently, for 1.01G we are keeping stock limiter unless cars have a downpipe.
NX200T are a bit different and will go a bit higher.

Edit***

For cars that have FBO / Downpipe and full exhaust we will need you to do some datalogging for us so we can dial the cars in. They require a bit more than just standard cars.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 05-16-19 at 01:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
nan88 (05-16-19), WhyHateTho (05-16-19)
Old 05-16-19, 02:49 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

All calibration files sent out except 89663-3A200 (working on it right now!)

if you have any questions, issues, want to do datalogs, etc please let us know by zendesk right away.
Old 05-16-19, 03:00 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

File received and flashed. Thanks I'll keep you (OV) updated.
Old 05-16-19, 05:03 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

This new update is unbelievable(53N82). Wow. I don't need another super speeder ticket. Well done OV..I'm really tempted to get a downpipe now...

Last edited by WhyHateTho; 05-16-19 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-16-19, 05:04 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Haven't tried sport mode yet
Old 05-16-19, 06:22 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

1.01G-C sent to you. (let me know by email your thoughts, and the datalog we need)
Got it, thanks. Will flash and test.

Originally Posted by RC350s
Excellent info, thanks. Which one do you prefer?
I reserve comment, now that they've sent 1.01G-C. The good points of each tune supplement the other's. They'd be combined in an ideal world, but this world is far from ideal.

Some intangibles to think about:

TTi's Tony is easier to get a hold of.
TTi's tune is a one-time thing and supplied as final.
OV's tune is an on-going project and subject to constant improvements, which are pushed to clients eventually.
OV's tune can be customized based on existing mods and logging.
Old 05-16-19, 06:35 PM
1stwrldprb
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't notice a difference from the first version of the tune. I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong even though it says successful at the end of the process. Its still shifting at 5800-5900rpms. I power braked and launched it from a stop a couple times and ran it up to about 70-80mph, feels the same as before. Is anyone with an N84 ECU having success?
Old 05-16-19, 08:58 PM
nan88
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

All calibration files sent out except 89663-3A200 (working on it right now!)

if you have any questions, issues, want to do datalogs, etc please let us know by zendesk right away.
Hey Mathew, thanks for the hard-work and dedication.
I really appreciate the effort and time invested into this platform.
I hope this first revision has not burned you out of the 8AR due to the numerous hidden versions.
Look forward to tuning my Tacoma very soon.

The wait is over and the tune is here!
Just got back from flashing and a quick night drive.
I think this was everything that was promised and probably a little bit more.
Will update with another full/long-term review, but for now first impressions.

Throttle:
Man that throttle response is vastly improved.
Will have to relearn the pedal actuation, since it feels touchy even in Eco-mode but this is a welcomed change.
Car is absolutely ready to put down power the instant there is decent pedal change/request.

Transmission:
Jerkiness of the 8AT transmission is also improved when shifting from/to P/R <--> D.
Transmission is very eager to downshift when their is a sudden change in throttle.
Gear will stay relative to speed at low speeds and wont shift into 8th gear.

Performance:
From a dead-stop in Sport-mode TC is easily triggered, never seen this before on stock tune (unless it was raining).
Boost builds crazy fast and I was wowed when it went past the stock x1.5bar limit.
Makes me consider a catted-downpipe and finding a LSD that will be drop-in.
Very revy with the combination of quick downshifts.
Spirited driving is funner than ever and it is going to get me into trouble if left unchecked.
Currently back to stock box with FSport filter but want to reinstall the Injen intake to hear what this sounds like.

Economy/Longetivity:
Car seems more economical but too early to tell.
Learning mode is directly affecting the MPG numbers.
Keeping a close eye on KCLV going forward, many factors are playing against this value (mainly heat/summertime).
Heat does build very fast after 1-2 pulls, will need to be careful in the future.

Quick update: Very hard to keep it out of boost, average MPG is 1-2 less in Eco-mode. Personal preference: less aggressive downshifting in Eco-mode (not sure if possible).
Want to also place an emphasis on engine warm-up and cool-down.
Going to switch to manual mode to lock in 8th gear for highway cruising, and see if MPG improves.

Last edited by nan88; 05-17-19 at 09:25 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by nan88:
gbgary (05-17-19), WhyHateTho (05-17-19)
Old 05-16-19, 10:26 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Can anyone recommend a cheap windows laptop that wont mess up on me during the tune?

Quick Reply: IS200t tune