Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-19, 05:34 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
Hello,

We are looking into this issue. You are not the only one. It's something to do with the latest windows update. We are working on a new version of software.

Also, we are almost ready to roll out 1.02 update to people.

Finally, I will be unavailable from July 17th through the 22nd, (baby on the way!)
Congrats on the baby!

What can we expect with update 1.02?
The following users liked this post:
levchik77 (07-11-19)
Old 07-10-19, 05:44 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt
Congrats on the baby!

Going on 3 weeks with literally nothing to show for my order. I understand shipping and order fulfillment, I understand the 4th and it being a holiday......
What I don’t understand is “ we’re working on it “. No eta, and now I’ve got nothing to show for my purchase. Can someone tell me how this is even remotely fair? I’m a small business owner myself, not sure this constitutes as customer service. Just taken back how I now have a cable, no tune, and no end sight of an eta on when this will work.

As as it pertains to windows, most computer auto update. Not sure what else to say. Not too happy at the moment.
Old 07-11-19, 05:35 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
Going on 3 weeks with literally nothing to show for my order. I understand shipping and order fulfillment, I understand the 4th and it being a holiday......
What I don’t understand is “ we’re working on it “. No eta, and now I’ve got nothing to show for my purchase. Can someone tell me how this is even remotely fair? I’m a small business owner myself, not sure this constitutes as customer service. Just taken back how I now have a cable, no tune, and no end sight of an eta on when this will work.

As as it pertains to windows, most computer auto update. Not sure what else to say. Not too happy at the moment.
If your ECU is a NEW ID it can take some time for us to develop support for it. Writing the code for a new ID can't just be done in one day, and I am doing this solo for the time being, so we are a bit backed up right now. We deal with hundreds of people and tune multiple platforms, not just the lexus, so there are some times when we get a little bit behind. The average time to support a new ECU ID is 10-15 days.

the ECU version we will have released for support this weekend are :

89663-78053
89663-24362

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 07-11-19 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-11-19, 06:32 AM
levchik77
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt
Congrats on the baby!

Need more H.P. and TORQUE.
Old 07-11-19, 07:42 AM
milimart
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

And change of speed limiter
The following 2 users liked this post by milimart:
levchik77 (07-11-19), Ricoo (07-11-19)
Old 07-12-19, 03:45 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
If your ECU is a NEW ID it can take some time for us to develop support for it. Writing the code for a new ID can't just be done in one day, and I am doing this solo for the time being, so we are a bit backed up right now. We deal with hundreds of people and tune multiple platforms, not just the lexus, so there are some times when we get a little bit behind. The average time to support a new ECU ID is 10-15 days.

the ECU version we will have released for support this weekend are :

89663-78053
89663-24362
I cant get my cable to read, so I can’t even give you an ID. As well, you’re being defensive vs clearly stating that “ we are backed up “ when clearly you said it’s just you. I get it, but again, I have a product that I paid for. I have nothing to show and it doesn’t work. Put yourself in my shoes. Just seeking an aspect of when will it work. Defensiveness normally means something else. I’m trying to be patient, but I’d at least like the cable to read the car.....which it doesn’t.
Old 07-12-19, 03:52 PM
NEEDB00ST
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I cant get my cable to read, so I can’t even give you an ID. As well, you’re being defensive vs clearly stating that “ we are backed up “ when clearly you said it’s just you. I get it, but again, I have a product that I paid for. I have nothing to show and it doesn’t work. Put yourself in my shoes. Just seeking an aspect of when will it work. Defensiveness normally means something else. I’m trying to be patient, but I’d at least like the cable to read the car.....which it doesn’t.

OV I agree with the above.... One of the reasons I personally have not yet purchased your tune is because of how you've been responding to posts like the above. This man paid for your product and your response to his inquiry for help is just plain ****ty to be frank. Not very good customer service...
levchik77 (07-13-19)
Old 07-12-19, 04:02 PM
MacroZed
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NEEDB00ST
OV I agree with the above.... One of the reasons I personally have not yet purchased your tune is because of how you've been responding to posts like the above. This man paid for your product and your response to his inquiry for help is just plain ****ty to be frank. Not very good customer service...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ditto. I have not ordered because of issues such as these. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The following 2 users liked this post by MacroZed:
levchik77 (07-13-19), Will31894 (07-13-19)
Old 07-12-19, 04:25 PM
NEEDB00ST
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MacroZed
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ditto. I have not ordered because of issues such as these. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hope that OV responds to this criticism constructively instead of getting more defensive.

You have a promising product and you are on the cutting edge for this platform... If your claims are true then you really have no competition at this point. Don't mess up your position by being untrustworthy. Give is reason to trust you and I'm sure you will have a lot more customers for this product
levchik77 (07-13-19)
Old 07-12-19, 05:21 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by NEEDB00ST
I hope that OV responds to this criticism constructively instead of getting more defensive.

You have a promising product and you are on the cutting edge for this platform... If your claims are true then you really have no competition at this point. Don't mess up your position by being untrustworthy. Give is reason to trust you and I'm sure you will have a lot more customers for this product
That’s what I’ve noticed too. I have a working standard flash and while I'm happy with it I am disappointed in OV's communication. The thing that’s bothered me from the beginning is that OV dodges important questions it seems like. When I asked about reliability before I bought the tune they ignored the question. When I asked what 1.02 update will include they ignored that question too.

I understand being super busy but I think a business needs to hire more staff if they're understaffed and falling behind. Customers should get the product they paid for in a timely fashion.

Last edited by Miintt; 07-13-19 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-13-19, 05:51 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Please submit a message to support@ovtune.zendesk.com with your order number, system ID and the error you are getting.
We have a fix already if it's "internal error 00002" but I honestly do not know who you are just by these forum posts so I don't know how to help.
When I say "just me" it's just me who does the individual code writing.

I am just telling you guys the truth, we are backed up right now. The 4th of july holiday had a massive amount of orders and we are trying to catch up. I am not trying to dodge any questions. I do not come on this forum very often because of how many vehicles we are doing right now. If you want to know anything > please submit a message to our zendesk and we will get back to you.

Consider it from our point of view. We worked extremely hard to provide the best possible flash we can, and are continually improving, for free, we have shown higher power results and the ability to tune to 7000 + RPM, something nobody has even come close to offering, and 90% of the questions we get are "how are you better than TTi" or "will this get me 300whp." or "will this work with E85 and pops and bangs"... How many people actually read our blogs or read what we post? People still ask us for dyno results when we've posted them. I just don't know what else we can provide you guys to show you? EVERY dyno result we've posted is 3rd party, not our dyno, no fudging numbers, no anything. Other companies have made promises and done nothing. Other companies seem to have ghosted this platform all together. We are working, still trying, making improvements. But we are a small shop, we need time.

This is not a jab at any of you, and we truly appreciate the people who do decide to tune with us, and are working as diligently as possible to continue development and updates, I just don't know what else I can tell you other than we are extremely backed up right now. Also, so everyone understands even if we aren't posting on here, we are still working.

Please don't read this as attacking / defensive / etc. It's not meant to be.

When we are all caught up, we will show you guys what we have been working on with update 1.02. It includes all new torque control code, a 3D boost plot table instead of 2D limit tables, and more. It's going to take direct MAP sensor pressure feedback from RAM and use this to plot target boost. Like REAL BOOSTED ecus do! Not this toyota weird torque modulation crap.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 07-13-19 at 06:54 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
DiverseIS (07-13-19), gbgary (07-13-19), Lexus989 (07-13-19), matttev (07-13-19), rawzkee (07-13-19), Ricoo (07-13-19), SWXF (07-14-19) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-14-19, 06:41 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Our 1.02 ECU / TCU Tune update will include :

Updated boost strategy :
- Single boost table from 1.01 code will be modified to a 3D boost reference table that has pressure vs load (example of what stock is (the small table below) and our version)

Updated Fuel enrichment cross-over:
This will modify when the ECU allows for fuel enrichment based on throttle position and accelerator position so that fuel enrichment can come on sooner than 4500+ rpm / full throttle.

Modified Torque control logic:

A modified version of our current torque control logic tables, increases response and shift control.

Condensed fuel compensation tables:

Rather than having 2 different compensation tables for fuel / maf load, we condense this into a single target table.

more information will be given as we get closer to release.
The following 7 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
chezgk (07-14-19), levchik77 (07-14-19), Lexus989 (07-14-19), mvppadilla (07-14-19), SWXF (07-14-19), WhyHateTho (07-14-19), XxS13Lifex (07-18-19) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-14-19, 12:05 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Those of you that have the OV tune, do you have mods or just stock with tune? I have HPS intake tube.
Old 07-14-19, 07:07 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
Those of you that have the OV tune, do you have mods or just stock with tune? I have HPS intake tube.
I'm running the FTP charge pipe on my NX. Went through stock pipe, stock tune >> stock pipe, OV tune >> FTP pipe, OV tune >> FTP pipe, OV tune (after logging).

Everything I read about charge pipe mods state that it's more an insurance mod than a performance mod, but I actually lost low and mid-end power going from stock pipe to FTP pipe despite the engine seeming to run "freer" on high revs. It took logging several pulls and sending them to OV for tune adjustment to restore the low and mid-end power to pre-FTP levels but still capitalize on the freer top-end.

Last edited by chezgk; 07-14-19 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-15-19, 08:42 AM
XxS13Lifex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by levchik77
I know a lot of people who want to change turbo for bigger, but nothing on the market. Do you have ideas for bolt on turbo?
Originally Posted by chezgk
I'm running the FTP charge pipe on my NX. Went through stock pipe, stock tune >> stock pipe, OV tune >> FTP pipe, OV tune >> FTP pipe, OV tune (after logging).

Everything I read about charge pipe mods state that it's more an insurance mod than a performance mod, but I actually lost low and mid-end power going from stock pipe to FTP pipe despite the engine seeming to run "freer" on high revs. It took logging several pulls and sending them to OV for tune adjustment to restore the low and mid-end power to pre-FTP levels but still capitalize on the freer top-end.
Only thing I can imagine would cause this is heat soak since it is a metal charge pipe so close to the motor... have you tried heat insulation tape on it by chance?

Quick Reply: IS200t tune