Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-19, 02:54 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by XxS13Lifex
Only thing I can imagine would cause this is heat soak since it is a metal charge pipe so close to the motor... have you tried heat insulation tape on it by chance?
Thank you for your input. No, I didn't have the chance to wrap everything in insulation tape. I don't think heat soak was the culprit, however, as the power drop was noticeable within 10 minutes of driving and was completely gone after OV revised my tune. Perhaps it was the larger pipe diameter decreasing air velocity for a given metered volume. I'm not an engineer and most likely wrong though

Two things I wish OV's tune eliminated:
  • Auto upshift in M mode (fully turning TCS off doesn't help in the NX, unlike some IS models)
  • Transmission learning. The transmission is responsive after a reset but gradually gets sloppier and sloppier.
The following users liked this post:
XxS13Lifex (07-18-19)
Old 07-18-19, 06:21 PM
XxS13Lifex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chezgk
Thank you for your input. No, I didn't have the chance to wrap everything in insulation tape. I don't think heat soak was the culprit, however, as the power drop was noticeable within 10 minutes of driving and was completely gone after OV revised my tune. Perhaps it was the larger pipe diameter decreasing air velocity for a given metered volume. I'm not an engineer and most likely wrong though

Two things I wish OV's tune eliminated:
  • Auto upshift in M mode (fully turning TCS off doesn't help in the NX, unlike some IS models)
  • Transmission learning. The transmission is responsive after a reset but gradually gets sloppier and sloppier.
That's true and makes sense if they were able to eliminate it... I've only been skeptical of the metal charge pipes because of their locations/routing, but luckily the water-cooled intercooler probably does a decent job to make it negligible.
Old 07-20-19, 05:12 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Hello Everyone,

sorry for the lack of updates, we just added one to the family yesterday!

Anyways, if you would be interested in testing our upcoming 1.02 speed density patch, please send us a message

Requirements:
Already own our flash kit / tune
can perform datalogging / testing for us
stock or modded OK.

What is speed density?
Speed density is a fueling model that uses the manifold pressure sensor instead of the MAF sensor to calculate fuel.
This means that the car will no longer require a map sensor. (however we are building SD + hybrid SD that will use both).
Our new patch will have boost based fueling,a great addition for bigger turbos.
The following 3 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
nan88 (07-21-19), SWXF (07-22-19), WhyHateTho (07-20-19)
Old 07-21-19, 12:39 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Anyone with the OV tune feel like the transmission logic of Sport and Normal modes are swapped? Driving in D, throttle response is quick in normal mode, with the vehicle eager to downshift.

D in sport mode, however, is a different story, with a long lull after throttle application before revs rise to the mid-range. Transmission wouldn't kickdown as well, preferring to lug from low revs in the same gear (which is bad for turbo engines) instead. I often encountered what seems to be a power cut upon revs reaching 3k, too.

Sport mode in full M mode seems fine. I'm not sure if this is just an NX thing and not applicable to the IS tune, but it's getting frustrating, having had the tune for a few months now. I'm on 1.01 G-C 002, which is 1.01 adapted to the FTP charge pipe and with a higher rev limit.

Hope to hear from fellow OV tuned folks. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-19, 11:37 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Anyone with the OV tune feel like the transmission logic of Sport and Normal modes are swapped? Driving in D, throttle response is quick in normal mode, with the vehicle eager to downshift.

D in sport mode, however, is a different story, with a long lull after throttle application before revs rise to the mid-range. Transmission wouldn't kickdown as well, preferring to lug from low revs in the same gear (which is bad for turbo engines) instead. I often encountered what seems to be a power cut upon revs reaching 3k, too.

Sport mode in full M mode seems fine. I'm not sure if this is just an NX thing and not applicable to the IS tune, but it's getting frustrating, having had the tune for a few months now. I'm on 1.01 G-C 002, which is 1.01 adapted to the FTP charge pipe and with a higher rev limit.

Hope to hear from fellow OV tuned folks. Thanks in advance.
Try driving in ECO. Eager to down shift or up shift much quicker.
Old 07-21-19, 07:45 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
Come to think of it, I haven't been in ECO since getting the tune. I'll be sure to try this in the following days. If ECO is indeed more responsive than Normal, and Normal more responsive than Sport, then the modes are definitely flipped. May I ask if you have an IS or NX? Thank you.

Last edited by chezgk; 07-22-19 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-22-19, 03:26 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Come to think of it, I haven't been in ECO since getting the tune. I'll be sure to try this in the following days. If ECO is indeed more responsive than Normal, and Normal more responsive than Sport, then the modes are definitely flipped. May I ask if you have an IS or NX? Thank you.
I have IS200t
Old 07-22-19, 01:20 PM
LouisV
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

does the OV tune allow your muffler to bang and pop?

thanks
Old 07-22-19, 07:04 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
I tried this out on the way to work today and found different results for my vehicle: Sport is supposed to be Eco, Eco is supposed to be Normal, Normal is supposed to be Sport. At Sport mode’s half throttle, revs lug up to 4k+ before the vehicle starts to pull hard, compared to Normal mode producing power at 2.5k to 3k.

I took quick logs of part throttle acceleration and sent them to OV. Hoping to hear from them soon. Best case scenario: accelerator pedal to requested torque tables are switched. Worst case: all tables including boost, timing, and fueling are involved.

To OV: Congrats welcoming a new member to your family. I know things get pretty busy, but please do look into this as soon as you can. I want to help test 1.02 but really need this sorted first to make testing worthwhile.

Last edited by chezgk; 07-22-19 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-29-19, 07:26 AM
Thirst16
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone heard any updates on the RR Racing tune? Last I heard, they had the project on hold for a couple of months. This was back around the first of the year though.
Old 07-30-19, 11:39 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Hello everyone

We will be back in stock at the end of the week, and have some new mapping information out in August.

Also, for the RC200T ECU specifically, it has additional modes and controls and this takes longer for us to prepare. Please be aware ahead of time if you have a RC200T, supporting your ECU will take additional time.
Old 07-31-19, 11:25 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Hello,

I got a couple PM's regarding vouching for the CL marketplace. Unfortunately, due to 2 occurrences where I've vouched for the members (previous buyers of my items) and they didn't go through with the sale i will not be able to vouch for anyone again. Sorry.
Old 08-01-19, 09:01 AM
1stwrldprb
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm still waiting on the new data logger that can work on windows 10 computers. My car did not respond well to the tune I uploaded and in fact is now running slower times at the track than stock. I'm starting to feel like I want my money back if I'm not getting any results. I bought this since March when it first came out and I have nothing to show for it. The tune made the throttle feel more responsive but the car is not faster, and now I cannot data log because the windows computer I bought just for this tune is too new for the data logger. I don't want the money I spent on this to be a loss.
Old 08-01-19, 04:34 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Originally Posted by 1stwrldprb
I'm still waiting on the new data logger that can work on windows 10 computers. My car did not respond well to the tune I uploaded and in fact is now running slower times at the track than stock. I'm starting to feel like I want my money back if I'm not getting any results. I bought this since March when it first came out and I have nothing to show for it. The tune made the throttle feel more responsive but the car is not faster, and now I cannot data log because the windows computer I bought just for this tune is too new for the data logger. I don't want the money I spent on this to be a loss.
I have a new logger ready that should work without any issues, I will send it over as soon as possible.
The following users liked this post:
Scrabie (08-01-19)
Old 08-02-19, 09:19 AM
Andyzloy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
If your ECU is a NEW ID it can take some time for us to develop support for it. Writing the code for a new ID can't just be done in one day, and I am doing this solo for the time being, so we are a bit backed up right now. We deal with hundreds of people and tune multiple platforms, not just the lexus, so there are some times when we get a little bit behind. The average time to support a new ECU ID is 10-15 days.

the ECU version we will have released for support this weekend are :

89663-78053
89663-24362
The weekend hasn't ended yet?

Quick Reply: IS200t tune