Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-19, 06:49 AM
Lexus989
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

78035 1.02 update:
Mine not so great with the tune...
- Throttle response is too sensitive when off from standstill, it jump forward when pressing the gas pedal a little , it make the car jerky during low rpm
- Gear shift in auto mode roughly shift up and down mostly on low rpm
- All drive modes have the same problem
Old 09-21-19, 07:52 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
I am almost finished with 78132. It's not that it it is too difficult or not, it's just finding all the map code takes time.
This needs to be updated further as we have also completely retuned airload control tables as well
If there is anyone who has NOT received 1.02 update please send us a ticket/email (support@ovtune.zendesk.com)
include:
Name
system ID
ECU ID
requesting 1.02

Future updates after this will be available through flash manager so it won't need requested
E-mail sent in the format you specified. Really hoping to get it soon. Thanks.
Old 09-21-19, 10:05 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Theyiqin
Ordered from 3 SEP till now have not update about the status . Send numberous email but no reply .
If you ordered the handheld the manufacturer of them will have them to us monday, they were delayed on their end, not us.
Flash kits are all already sent.

Originally Posted by Lexus989
78035 1.02 update:
Mine not so great with the tune...
- Throttle response is too sensitive when off from standstill, it jump forward when pressing the gas pedal a little , it make the car jerky during low rpm
- Gear shift in auto mode roughly shift up and down mostly on low rpm
- All drive modes have the same problem

Thanks I will look into this, as I did adjust the throttle tables, but I can lower them if it is still too sensitive.
The following users liked this post:
Lexus989 (09-22-19)
Old 09-21-19, 10:13 AM
idleninjaz
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

This file was already sent to you a few days ago
I never got it...I'll just make a new email thread to request it.
Old 09-21-19, 11:24 AM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

This file was already sent to you a few days ago

I am almost finished with 78132. It's not that it it is too difficult or not, it's just finding all the map code takes time.

To give everyone a clear idea here, from when we initially started we had about 5 ECU versions to support. Right now we have 30+ ECU versions, and it is growing. For new or potential customers.. please be aware 2019 ECUs require the most time right now. And also RC200T ecus, as they have additional modes.

This needs to be updated further as we have also completely retuned airload control tables as well

If there is anyone who has NOT received 1.02 update please send us a ticket/email (support@ovtune.zendesk.com)
include:
Name
system ID
ECU ID
requesting 1.02

Future updates after this will be available through flash manager so it won't need requested
I replied to our email chain that has all my info for the 1.02 file but still haven’t received it
Old 09-22-19, 07:09 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Many more ECUs with 1.02 sent as of this morning.
Please let me know your feedback so we can continually improve to make you guys the best calibration possible.

I've made a second adjustment for NX200 where throttle is too sensitive.
Lexus989 (09-22-19)
Old 09-23-19, 05:46 AM
m1919
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

What kind of fuel economy are you guys with the latest update seeing?
Old 09-24-19, 06:04 AM
1stwrldprb
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

So I installed the 1.02 tune 2 days ago, and the car feels like there's more punch in the midrange, top end power feels about the same. Throttle sensitivity feels about the same to me. I haven't done a full throttle launch or ran it all the way to redline yet, but rolling into the throttle feels like there's more urge. Its not a dramatic improvement but I'll probably go back to the track sometime to see if the improvements I'm feeling is measurable over stock. If it actually runs a faster time, then I'll probably go back and re-dyno the car vs what it put down stock.
Old 09-24-19, 08:55 AM
Thirst16
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stwrldprb
So I installed the 1.02 tune 2 days ago, and the car feels like there's more punch in the midrange, top end power feels about the same. Throttle sensitivity feels about the same to me. I haven't done a full throttle launch or ran it all the way to redline yet, but rolling into the throttle feels like there's more urge. Its not a dramatic improvement but I'll probably go back to the track sometime to see if the improvements I'm feeling is measurable over stock. If it actually runs a faster time, then I'll probably go back and re-dyno the car vs what it put down stock.
This sounds like a review I would expect from a piggyback like JB4. Would you say the improvement is equivalent to a JB4?
Old 09-24-19, 09:16 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stwrldprb
What calibration file are you on? I'm on 53N82
Old 09-24-19, 09:33 AM
1stwrldprb
Driver

Originally Posted by Thirst16
This sounds like a review I would expect from a piggyback like JB4. Would you say the improvement is equivalent to a JB4?

I can't answer this question because I have no experience with a piggyback to compare to. This is the only tune I've done on this car. I avoided the piggybacks because I wanted something invisible (no hardware or splicing) and I also like that OVTune can manipulate the throttle to open fully and stay open when my foot is to the floor, unlike the piggybacks. At minimum, throttle response is improved. I thought the car was faster after the first tune until I took it to the track and repeatedly ran slower times than stock. My fastest 1/4 mile time is on the stock tune. With this latest 1.02 tune, again I feel like the car is faster but I don't trust my own judgement based on my experience with the first tune. I will revisit the track for some real numbers.
zhifan1 (09-27-19)
Old 09-24-19, 09:34 AM
1stwrldprb
Driver

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
What calibration file are you on? I'm on 53N82

Mine is 53N84.
Old 09-27-19, 07:30 AM
1stwrldprb
Driver

Alright I'm planning on going to the track tonight for some more 1/4 mile drag racing. I'll let ya'll know if I finally break into the 14s with this new tune.
Old 09-27-19, 10:11 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,167 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Originally Posted by Thirst16
sounds about right.

if you go on the N54tech forum, JB4 founder says the IS turbo turbo is the bottle neck and it's just too small period. so it seems to max out fast whether you go with JB4 or a tune.

personally i'd go with the Jb4 because it's cheaper and reversing it back to stock is matter of two plugs. and no risk at bricking your engine computer

on this level/power level of car with a tiny turbo, there's just not much benefit IMO in getting an expensive tune.
Old 09-28-19, 10:53 AM
1stwrldprb
Driver

I went to track last night and unfortunately only got 1 run in, because they were soo busy. On my first and only pass, the car did 15.1@94 mph. Same ET as stock but with a 3 mph gain. This time my 60ft was 2.3 vs 2.1 with the stock run. I'm sure I can run 14.9-14.8s if I get more practice and can bring my 60ft times down to 2.1 like I did when stock. NOW I actually see an improvement with the tune and I'm somewhat satisfied. I will go back to the track an another night and see if I can actually get a 14 second timeslip.

This was also my first time launching and running through some gears since the latest tune. The motor now feels like the turbo4 that it is, vs the stock tune where it felt like a small naturally aspired motor. With the stock tune and throttle limitations, the power would build linearly, and the motor would feel more powerful the higher it revved. It felt like it had more topend power than midrange or low-end power. With the tune, where is some lag until about 2k rpms, then a surge of power and I can feel the power taper off up top. The meat of the power is now in the midrange vs up top. This is nice for daily driving and passing. There's more oomph when rolling into the throttle around 2-3k rpms without needing to downshift.

I will eventually go back and re-dyno but I'm estimating about a 30whp gain, and more in torque. I can feel the gain here is mostly torque/ mid-range power. I'd like to install a DP but that won't be for a while. For anyone looking to mod their IS200t/IS300 for power, spend your money on a tune and downpipe first. I don't think an intake or turbo muffle delete is going to give us much. I do have the HPS intake tube w/ my stock airbox and I've noticed nothing since installing it.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune