Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-19, 11:30 AM
RC350s
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Thirst16
Oh wow. Was this your result? Also, all the reviews of OV so far seem to show little to no results on track times and feel. Would like to see what you think when you get it. Maybe even some dyno numbers for comparison.
This was Nuke's IS200t... he's a veteran here on the forums. Ill let you know feedback and comparison on my OVT tune once I get it.

No issues with warranty either...just flash back to stock before service.

Last edited by RC350s; 09-30-19 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-30-19, 12:40 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
Just the JB4. I’m not saying that these ECU tunes are totally useless, but we aren’t getting faster by any means compared to other platforms. For me the money on these tunes isn’t worth it with how limited the platform is due to the turbo. I’m sure the tuned throttle and transmission logic etc is nice but if I’m going to pay money for a $600+ tune it better give me much better power and torque this is just a personal opinion.
You can't make magic happen out of the extremely small turbo on the car. Whatever amount of power a JB anything will give you, a tune can do more.

Yeah the reviews so far seem like it’s nothing super special thus why I have no interest in these ECU tunes. I also don’t want problems when it comes to warranty.
We have multiple dyno results from 2+ years ago and dyno results in this thread. Just saying..

I dont really see track times on anything for this car. Tunes, TTi, JB4, powerbox modules, etc. They aren't track cars, and most owners just want the car to drive right.
The following users liked this post:
Minitech (09-30-19)
Old 09-30-19, 12:50 PM
Thirst16
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
You can't make magic happen out of the extremely small turbo on the car. Whatever amount of power a JB anything will give you, a tune can do more.

We have multiple dyno results from 2+ years ago and dyno results in this thread. Just saying..

I dont really see track times on anything for this car. Tunes, TTi, JB4, powerbox modules, etc. They aren't track cars, and most owners just want the car to drive right.

I get this part. I think a lot of it comes down to each individual owner and what they want. For me personally, I cannot justify a tune when the results are minor. Anything below the 300whp mark is essentially the same to me. Obviously not everyone will care about power equally. As you know, the turbo is the main culprit. This is why I am very excited to see your turbo upgrade results. That will be something I will absolutely spend money on.
The following 2 users liked this post by Thirst16:
Flash5 (09-30-19), snead (09-30-19)
Old 09-30-19, 02:09 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

I get this part. I think a lot of it comes down to each individual owner and what they want. For me personally, I cannot justify a tune when the results are minor. Anything below the 300whp mark is essentially the same to me. Obviously not everyone will care about power equally. As you know, the turbo is the main culprit. This is why I am very excited to see your turbo upgrade results. That will be something I will absolutely spend money on.
Exactly what I’m saying, I’m not going to pay for a whole different tune and void my warranty for a tiny power/tq bump. I respect what OV has done for sure, but I am looking forward to the turbo upgrade project.
Old 09-30-19, 02:26 PM
RideLex
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Exactly what I’m saying, I’m not going to pay for a whole different tune and void my warranty for a tiny power/tq bump. I respect what OV has done for sure, but I am looking forward to the turbo upgrade project.
I have been following this forum since January, I really hope this turbo upgrade project will be here soon. There’s a local gear head in my area that was mentioned in this forum before wanting to do a hybrid turbo for my IS200t but the only issue is there’s nobody to tune it. I believe that once OV TUNING releases their turbo and breaks 300HP, they will be overflowed with purchases.
The following 2 users liked this post by RideLex:
snead (09-30-19), Thirst16 (09-30-19)
Old 09-30-19, 02:34 PM
RC350s
Driver

...I am very excited to see your turbo upgrade results. That will be something I will absolutely spend money on.
same here.
Old 09-30-19, 02:37 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

is your jb4 still for sale?
Old 09-30-19, 02:39 PM
RC350s
Driver

Originally Posted by paulmantis
is your jb4 still for sale?
yes please take it, pm me
Old 09-30-19, 02:47 PM
Minitech
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
The pedal delay is there but improved on my end. Downpipe needed to get over 6k.
I have the OV tune on my car and here is my thoughts so far: i took it to the dealer recently for some repairs with no issues, i just flashed the stock file back on it prior. I have the older pre 102.0 tune (1.01g) and let me put it this way, 0-60 while important is not really why i choose this tune, it actually is the transmission tune and reduced pedal delay. Heck, i tried going back to stock for day and i couldn't stand it! lol the trans alone is worth it as it is MUCH better for me especially in city driving and passing cars on 4 lane roads. Plus if and when you upgrade the turbo depending on what turbo and downpipe you use (I would take Matts lead on that before i purchased anything) you could get a custom tune for it from OV as well. Lastly, I can't say anything bad about jb4 tuner box or TTI tune as i have never tried their stuff, but when I looked at the price of the TTI ecu tune + the trans tune there was no question that i was going with OV and so far i have been impressed.
RC350s (09-30-19)
Old 09-30-19, 03:00 PM
RC350s
Driver

Originally Posted by Minitech
I have the OV tune on my car and here is my thoughts so far: i took it to the dealer recently for some repairs with no issues, i just flashed the stock file back on it prior. I have the older pre 102.0 tune (1.01g) and let me put it this way, 0-60 while important is not really why i choose this tune, it actually is the transmission tune and reduced pedal delay. Heck, i tried going back to stock for day and i couldn't stand it! lol the trans alone is worth it as it is MUCH better for me especially in city driving and passing cars on 4 lane roads. Plus if and when you upgrade the turbo depending on what turbo and downpipe you use (I would take Matts lead on that before i purchased anything) you could get a custom tune for it from OV as well. Lastly, I can't say anything bad about jb4 tuner box or TTI tune as i have never tried their stuff, but when I looked at the price of the TTI ecu tune + the trans tune there was no question that i was going with OV and so far i have been impressed.
the TTI TCU tune is the same way and I cant wait to compare them. It tightens up the shifts so much you cant go back. I also notice how the car is willing to downshift faster in auto without fighting you.
Minitech (09-30-19)
Old 09-30-19, 03:11 PM
Minitech
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks @RC350s I can't wait to see your thoughts comparing the two tunes (TTI vs OV) especially in the transmission shifting points , if i had any feedback for OV (and this is really minor) i would like to maybe see the trans be a little more eager to downshift or hold a lower gear longer in sport, that being said it has learning points based on driver, so i dont know if that is even really a real-world possibility in the software code.
Old 09-30-19, 04:25 PM
RC350s
Driver

Thanks @RC350s I can't wait to see your thoughts comparing the two tunes (TTI vs OV) especially in the transmission shifting points , if i had any feedback for OV (and this is really minor) i would like to maybe see the trans be a little more eager to downshift or hold a lower gear longer in sport, that being said it has learning points based on driver, so i dont know if that is even really a real-world possibility in the software code.
I'll definitely report back. Matt says he'll have it for me asap since my 2019 ecu is new.
Minitech (09-30-19)
Old 09-30-19, 04:47 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Try cycling between the driving modes to see if the car will hold a gear longer. Some people were reporting that their driving modes got switched up with the OV tune so eco or normal were behaving like sport would.
Old 09-30-19, 07:24 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

On the matter of tuning boxes vs tunes: I don't have any experience with the performance of tuning boxes, as I've only had the TTi and OV tune so far. My worry with tuning boxes is their operating principle. Signals from sensors are intercepted and altered to somehow "shift" reality for the ECU, with the altered input signals making it then refer to a different section of the map for timing/fueling/spark outputs. I cannot imagine what would happen if the boxes fail. Would signals become pass-through? Would they disappear altogether? How would the ECU interpret this abrupt reversion/absence of signals?

I noticed that the transmission is always eager to downshift and hold gears when a calibration file is newly flashed. Transmission adaptation over time then causes it to become sluggish. If someone could come up with a way to make the transmission NOT learn at all, then that would already be a huge improvement as far as long-term driving enjoyment is concerned. That said, the latest 1.02 OV calibration for the NX (I FINALLY GOT IT) has the transmission responding a lot faster than before.

Originally Posted by Miintt
Try cycling between the driving modes to see if the car will hold a gear longer. Some people were reporting that their driving modes got switched up with the OV tune so eco or normal were behaving like sport would.
I was one of those who had mode problems. N > S+ > S, from most powerful to least powerful. OV's 1.02 update /seems/ to have fixed it (pending long-term testing), though throttle response seems to have become softer than before. 1.01G-C was calibrated for the FTP charge pipe installed in my vehicle and would easily pull from 2.5k revs all the way to the raised 6.5k rev limit (albeit in normal mode, not sport). 1.02 doesn't seem to have that oomph, along with a lower rev limit.

I have e-mailed OV/Mathew my concerns and await his response. With the mapping of modes sorted out, there's a lot of potential for this iteration of OV's tune.
Scrabie (10-01-19)
Old 10-01-19, 10:08 AM
Scrabie
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chezgk
On the matter of tuning boxes vs tunes: I don't have any experience with the performance of tuning boxes, as I've only had the TTi and OV tune so far. My worry with tuning boxes is their operating principle. Signals from sensors are intercepted and altered to somehow "shift" reality for the ECU, with the altered input signals making it then refer to a different section of the map for timing/fueling/spark outputs. I cannot imagine what would happen if the boxes fail. Would signals become pass-through? Would they disappear altogether? How would the ECU interpret this abrupt reversion/absence of signals?

I noticed that the transmission is always eager to downshift and hold gears when a calibration file is newly flashed. Transmission adaptation over time then causes it to become sluggish. If someone could come up with a way to make the transmission NOT learn at all, then that would already be a huge improvement as far as long-term driving enjoyment is concerned. That said, the latest 1.02 OV calibration for the NX (I FINALLY GOT IT) has the transmission responding a lot faster than before.

I was one of those who had mode problems. N > S+ > S, from most powerful to least powerful. OV's 1.02 update /seems/ to have fixed it (pending long-term testing), though throttle response seems to have become softer than before. 1.01G-C was calibrated for the FTP charge pipe installed in my vehicle and would easily pull from 2.5k revs all the way to the raised 6.5k rev limit (albeit in normal mode, not sport). 1.02 doesn't seem to have that oomph, along with a lower rev limit.

I have e-mailed OV/Mathew my concerns and await his response. With the mapping of modes sorted out, there's a lot of potential for this iteration of OV's tune.
realise this as well. Intially feel that it is stronger on the lower end but I think it suffers a lot for the high end. High end seems more linear as compare to 1.01 and the auto shift in sports can’t cross 6k mark. Haven’t feedback to Mathew yet.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune