Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-19, 05:44 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Rashed89
Sir u left everything unaddressed and opted for yet another excuse.

First off "The Problem" is totally yours, I need a working reliable tune as part of our transaction, and I'm willing to cooperate and help to achieve that if u just respond and not ignore my ticket for months on ZenDesk.

Regarding the idle issue, it sure is tune related, because it is none existent in couple tunes & arises in the rest, with varied intensity, so.. yea, u made a progress in reducing the effect in 1.02 plus idle learning helps sometimes, so it's doable and pretty close I'd say if u just work consistently.

I'd like to assure there is nothing personal here, no one's feeling offended or getting aggressive, strictly business.

Please kindly arrange my tune asap, looking forward to it.

Cheers.

We are not ignoring you, or anybody. If you check our website we are in the process right now of having our new shop build and moving our equipment, so things are delayed until Nov 15th
Old 10-29-19, 12:53 PM
Rashed89
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
We are not ignoring you, or anybody. If you check our website we are in the process right now of having our new shop build and moving our equipment, so things are delayed until Nov 15th
I've been through multi several long delays Sir..
there were weeks initially of slow order processing & downpipe manufacturing..
then weeks of some holidays u were taking..
then weeks of slow response..
then weeks of family & newly born..
then weeks busy developing update & distributing..
then again weeks of ignoring/slow responding..

All of these are none of my problems, & they added up to 5 months time, I'm still here waiting for a working tune with the promised feature set I paid for.

I'm afraid I can't wait 2 more weeks for ur problems Sir, my case is an emergency, this is my main car & it's hindered & barely drivable, I need quick solutions not more delays.
The following users liked this post:
Andyzloy (10-30-19)
Old 10-29-19, 01:06 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

All of these are none of my problems, & they added up to 5 months time, I'm still here waiting for a working tune with the promised feature set I paid for.

I'm afraid I can't wait 2 more weeks for ur problems Sir, my case is an emergency, this is my main car & it's hindered & barely drivable, I need quick solutions not more delays.
Don't mess up your car champ since it's your main. I'd remove the tune until your problems are resolved.
Old 10-30-19, 11:07 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

What exactly is the promised feature set that you are looking for? because we have provided this, to you, on more than one occasion. And your vehicle has the exact same ID as our test car, and we did not experience any issues with our test car, especially not idle or anything else. I very rarely take any holidays, and I work on weekends.

With your car our 1.01G or 1.02 file should work flawlessly. It's the exact.. identical calibration as our R&D vehicle. But it doesn't. And other modifications or issues could be the cause.

Actually it has been 4 months in total, and yes I did just have a child so there was some delay during that time.

And actually we sent you the logger in September, and the log we received back was middle of October, about 2 weeks ago, in the middle of our new shop being built. I don't think it is accurate to put the entirety of blame on us. I said I was working on preparing a new file for you and requested that you datalog, this was in September, and we received that log from you only 2 weeks ago.

Regardless, we will do what we can to figure out what is the issue with your idle, and anything else. However because we are preparing our new shop right now (with deadline of Nov 15th) there will be some wait time.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 10-30-19 at 11:13 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
LouieXL (11-05-19), skyshadow (11-01-19)
Old 11-07-19, 10:59 AM
Rashed89
Driver School Candidate

What exactly is the promised feature set that you are looking for? because we have provided this, to you, on more than one occasion. And your vehicle has the exact same ID as our test car, and we did not experience any issues with our test car, especially not idle or anything else. I very rarely take any holidays, and I work on weekends.

With your car our 1.01G or 1.02 file should work flawlessly. It's the exact.. identical calibration as our R&D vehicle. But it doesn't. And other modifications or issues could be the cause.

Actually it has been 4 months in total, and yes I did just have a child so there was some delay during that time.

And actually we sent you the logger in September, and the log we received back was middle of October, about 2 weeks ago, in the middle of our new shop being built. I don't think it is accurate to put the entirety of blame on us. I said I was working on preparing a new file for you and requested that you datalog, this was in September, and we received that log from you only 2 weeks ago.

Regardless, we will do what we can to figure out what is the issue with your idle, and anything else. However because we are preparing our new shop right now (with deadline of Nov 15th) there will be some wait time.
* the feature set is just the same stuff u made a tune to achieve.
* the tune(s) provided introduced problems, some occasions more than the others.
* my car being same ID as ur test car should make ur work easier, y is it taking 4 months which u admitted and counting!?
* the only different car modification I have installed is your supplied downpipe, if u believe that's the cause of the problems, confirm & I'll remove it & return it.
* regarding the data log, what u said is not true, I hav sent u logs on 10th sep, & 11sep, providing comprehensive data as always, I'll provide evidence in attachments, u shouldn't hav missed those.
* alright I'll wait once more until 15th nov, we can then start over or continue or whatever u see fit, I'll then log all changes, write impressions, & video record performance & times for a complete review after all go well. Will publish that as an appreciation for ur hard work.

Cheers.

Old 11-07-19, 12:17 PM
808NXF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sir u did send multiple tunes on a span of 5 months all of which had multiple issues. No single tune was proper & daily drivable, some tunes were so bad the engine stalls, the most bearable tune is the old 1.01G-C-P001 which has CEL & doesn't utilize the downpipe I bought as part of the package, hence I asked for the boost.

Regarding CEL it's always there, in the last tune u sent 1.02Base it re-appeared after driving 60miles, & the tune has idle issues, plus the transmission optimizations previously had r gone, I have explained everything thoroughly in the ZenDesk ticket, idk y argue here, I'm surprised by ur reply.

I'm not asking for updates, just the proper tune with the promised feature set which I paid for.

Cheers.

This is part of the problem. Our tune does not modify idle in any way, or idle ignition or idle fuel. We have provided that file to you and then had to go on investigating why there is other problems with your car.

" Is being resolved" - means they are actively working on it
​​​​​
Interesting, OV doesn't modify idle in any way yet you are having all of these problems. In fact, the symptoms you describe sound a lot like what I experienced when my Fiance filled her IS200t with low octane gasoline. Rough idle, felt like it would stall when stopped, lack of power and opened the hood to find the engine shaking causing the whole car to vibrate unusually. She took her car to Lexus and they specifically said it was caused by poor fuel quality or lower than recommended octane fuel. My recommendations are trying a different gas station and use the highest octane they have available. Ensure your fuel doesn't contain more than 20% ethanol, and in the event your symptoms are not fuel related, visually inspecting your spark plugs wouldn't hurt.
Good luck in finding a solution.
Old 11-07-19, 12:43 PM
Rashed89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 808NXF
Interesting, OV doesn't modify idle in any way yet you are having all of these problems. In fact, the symptoms you describe sound a lot like what I experienced when my Fiance filled her IS200t with low octane gasoline. Rough idle, felt like it would stall when stopped, lack of power and opened the hood to find the engine shaking causing the whole car to vibrate unusually. She took her car to Lexus and they specifically said it was caused by poor fuel quality or lower than recommended octane fuel. My recommendations are trying a different gas station and use the highest octane they have available. Ensure your fuel doesn't contain more than 20% ethanol, and in the event your symptoms are not fuel related, visually inspecting your spark plugs wouldn't hurt.
Good luck in finding a solution.
I appreciate ur 2 cents,

for one, I use 98 octane racing grade fuel only.

Secondly, idle symptoms is one issue that appears & disappears when switching between different versions of the tune while still on the same fuel, same ride, same day.

Thirdly, all the other issues (transmission shifts, boost, & CLE) plus the mentioned idle, all together point to non other than the tune, especially when they alternate when different versions of the tune are flashed.

Mind u this has been 5 months experiencing & experimenting, as well as begging for a fix, it's not something happened in the morning on my way to work & posted once I'm on my desk.

Last edited by Rashed89; 11-07-19 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-07-19, 03:19 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,152 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Unfortunately this is often the name of the game when it comes to tuning a car. It's more or less uncharted territory cause most tuners aren't tuning this car, so I understand if a tuner can't get it perfect. I do hope they try, for your sake. And I hope they can genuinely resolve your issue without resorting to defensive tones. You've been respectful and polite from your posts.

My only experience with the 200t tune is the BMS stage 1 box. Plug and play. Is it ideal, no. Ideal would be a car being adequate right out of the box. But the piggy back box is easily reversible and doesn't inherently change any parameters, particularly off throttle. So your car retains stock driveability. Seems from what I gather the end result is the same whether you go w/ a tune or a piggy back box, in terms of acceleration times. So all things being equal, I'd take the piggy back box simply cause it's the least invasive. Just my 2 cents

It's been three years now since the 200t came out, honestly for the power any of these tuners make, it's not worth it to touch the car at this point. Everyone was excited at first, thinking we all just stumbled on the next BMW M54. But nope. A full BTO/tuned 200t still gets smashed by a bone stock F30 328i with stuffed animals and college parking pass in the window. I think it's safe to say that at this point, we've seen all this car can do, short of redoing the entire turbo $ystem.

It's 2019-- from what I see, I'd just stay stock. Or if you want more speed, just buy a fast car. Cause no matter what this car will never be fast.
Old 11-07-19, 06:32 PM
1stwrldprb
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The reason why the Lexus is200t/IS300 is slower than the competition is not because the motor is weak, its because the car weighs about 400-500 lbs more than the competition. The is200t is heavy, weighing about 3800lbs. Thats about 400-500 lbs more than the comparable 3 series. Our cars will always need to make more power than the competing brands to match them in speed. Our 2.0t makes comparable power for the class, its just burdened with a heavy car to move.
zhifan1 (11-09-19)
Old 11-08-19, 12:53 AM
Lexus989
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still waiting patiently for them to fix the tune 78035 1.02 Base 02, i have the same issue as Rashed89,
- RPM idle up and down
- inconsistent auto shift
but a big improvement on throttle response
Now using 1.01G with no such problem
Old 11-08-19, 03:49 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

do you go around looking under cars............

Did you spend your last $ or something on this tune or something man? Chill out. Orange Virus tuning is the only shop that has actually gone the distance to provide an actual tune for our platform. Let's not chase them away.
He mentioned multiple times throughout the thread that he's expecting a child, when his child was born, and that they were preparing to change shops. OV tunes more than just the 8AR..they have a base of customers. On the first tune update alone, they'd already provided far more than what BurgerMotorsports and TTI pulled up to ClubLexus with.

It takes a bit for someone to go through all of that personal life stuff that normally only happens once or twice in your life while manually review everyone's files, testing updated tunes, pushing updates for multiple engines that OV tunes, keeping in touch with customers on their own forums, updating website, filling orders...

OV has also been more responsive to the forum than all of the previous shops combined. TTI posted once or twice in the thread talking about turbo development and then dipped. BMS? I don't think they ever posted in here, and they never even pushed an update for the JB4. They said that they'd want us (already paid customers) to show more demand for an IS200T tune and then they'd start development again...instead of creating demand like OV by displaying good customer service, proven results, and proven tuning methodology.

Don't be that guy.

OV, I'm not trying to kiss butt or anything but please continue your development for the 8AR. Your work is very much appreciated by myself and every person that has posted in this thread. This is probably the most active and replied to thread on ClubLexus (arguably the largest Lexus forum on the web), and it's because we're dying to find a shop like you guys that can pull power from the engine. Wishing you the best of luck with everything that's going on!

Last edited by Lexus3GIST; 11-08-19 at 04:47 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Lexus3GIST:
1stwrldprb (11-11-19), rawzkee (11-11-19), Scrabie (11-08-19)
Old 11-08-19, 04:37 PM
DarthLex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Unfortunately this is often the name of the game when it comes to tuning a car. It's more or less uncharted territory cause most tuners aren't tuning this car, so I understand if a tuner can't get it perfect. I do hope they try, for your sake. And I hope they can genuinely resolve your issue without resorting to defensive tones. You've been respectful and polite from your posts.

My only experience with the 200t tune is the BMS stage 1 box. Plug and play. Is it ideal, no. Ideal would be a car being adequate right out of the box. But the piggy back box is easily reversible and doesn't inherently change any parameters, particularly off throttle. So your car retains stock driveability. Seems from what I gather the end result is the same whether you go w/ a tune or a piggy back box, in terms of acceleration times. So all things being equal, I'd take the piggy back box simply cause it's the least invasive. Just my 2 cents

It's been three years now since the 200t came out, honestly for the power any of these tuners make, it's not worth it to touch the car at this point. Everyone was excited at first, thinking we all just stumbled on the next BMW M54. But nope. A full BTO/tuned 200t still gets smashed by a bone stock F30 328i with stuffed animals and college parking pass in the window. I think it's safe to say that at this point, we've seen all this car can do, short of redoing the entire turbo $ystem.

It's 2019-- from what I see, I'd just stay stock. Or if you want more speed, just buy a fast car. Cause no matter what this car will never be fast.
Do you think with Supra being released we could actually see some action? They are both Toyota’s in a nutshell but geared towards different crowds. Really looking for support from HKS and or GReddy for reliability. I’m sure there are more but those two to me are synonymous with aftermarket turbos and accessories.
Old 11-08-19, 05:06 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT

I totally agree with you. After a downpipe, resonator delete, lightened crank pulley, piggyback(btw, I have dyno and tracklogs showing these don't really work), full exhaust, full intake and water/meth injection and then getting spanked by a lifted Chevy silverado on 33s from a stoplight, I came the conclusion that I need a different car if I want to go fast.
Thirst16 (11-08-19)
Old 11-09-19, 12:36 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stwrldprb
The reason why the Lexus is200t/IS300 is slower than the competition is not because the motor is weak, its because the car weighs about 400-500 lbs more than the competition. The is200t is heavy, weighing about 3800lbs. Thats about 400-500 lbs more than the comparable 3 series. Our cars will always need to make more power than the competing brands to match them in speed. Our 2.0t makes comparable power for the class, its just burdened with a heavy car to move.
true that... changing to CF hood and trunk, remove the spare tire yields immediate gains, lightweight wheels wouldn't hurt too.
Old 11-09-19, 01:31 AM
WatchOut
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus3GIST
Did you spend your last $ or something on this tune or something man? Chill out. Orange Virus tuning is the only shop that has actually gone the distance to provide...
any merchant charges a single penny should deliver their said service/product, unfulfilled transaction from seller side is called a scam, that's business/customer logic 101, & that was the lamest post starter u had right there...

...by displaying good customer service, proven results, and proven tuning methodology..
That's exactly the issue, several members now displayed the opposite of this, I remember one guy few pages back was so frustrated and given up calling it was a complete waste of money, for me and other potential buyers interested and watching this thread we have really big questions for all this nonesense.

...OV, I'm not trying to kiss butt or anything...
U r so riding his diq, look at ur post lol
Im waiting for the one man company to prove me wrong & satisfy unsatisfied customers around
thats whats up

Quick Reply: IS200t tune