Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-19, 11:56 AM
paulmantis
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

please keep us posted! I cant wait to get mine
Old 12-03-19, 08:11 PM
novaman64
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

So this happened...

Definitely stronger in the mid range. Kinda weird, but the car is idling high in neutral now (1100rpm when its warmed up).
Old 12-03-19, 08:55 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by novaman64
So this happened...

Definitely stronger in the mid range. Kinda weird, but the car is idling high in neutral now (1100rpm when its warmed up).
Jealous, still waiting for mine to ship out.

So how does the process go once you receive it? Do you send a datalog of your current set up and it gets tuned or do you just flash whatever tune is out?
Old 12-03-19, 09:06 PM
novaman64
Rookie

Originally Posted by tnilc

So how does the process go once you receive it? Do you send a datalog of your current set up and it gets tuned or do you just flash whatever tune is out?
-Get the hardware, install it on the computer, send them a code it spits out.
-They send you a reg key, that essentially licenses the software.
-Plug into car, pulls firmware, calibration and some other numbers, copy the text and email it to OV.
-Then they send you a stock tune, there 1.02 tune.
-Then just flash in the tune the sent you.
Old 12-03-19, 09:12 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't know if the process has changed any but when I originally got the tune they sent me the standard map at the time (1.01). I flashed the file they sent me then started datalogging while on that file. I sent them the datalogs and they sent me an updated custom file for my car after a few days.

You don't have to do the custom tuning but if you have supporting mods such as downpipe you can do it to maximize power. I chose to go back to the standard file because it was good enough for me and I had a scary experience with the custom tune so I didn't want to risk damage to the car .
Old 12-03-19, 09:36 PM
novaman64
Rookie

Originally Posted by Miintt
I don't know if the process has changed any but when I originally got the tune they sent me the standard map at the time (1.01). I flashed the file they sent me then started datalogging while on that file. I sent them the datalogs and they sent me an updated custom file for my car after a few days.

You don't have to do the custom tuning but if you have supporting mods such as downpipe you can do it to maximize power. I chose to go back to the standard file because it was good enough for me and I had a scary experience with the custom tune so I didn't want to risk damage to the car .
These are the directions.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/08...ns_V.1.pdf?162
Old 12-04-19, 09:32 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt

I’ve got a few bolt ons.

-injen intake
-ppe downpipe decatted
-invidia midpipe
-tti turbo muffler delete
-bms stage 1 tune soon to be replaced by OVT

stock axle backs tho. I’m thinking a custom tune will maximize what I have. I still go back and forth on invidia axle backs but I like the stock look and I don’t really want a loud exhaust. Trying to fly under the radar here.
Old 12-04-19, 11:51 AM
paulmantis
Rookie

how is the pedal response?
Old 12-04-19, 01:06 PM
novaman64
Rookie

Originally Posted by paulmantis
how is the pedal response?
IMO way too sensitive. Taking off from a stoplight I have to really try to not hit it hard (I feel like a 15 yr old driving on a learners permit for the first time). I am trying to press the base of the pedal closest to the floor now so its not so sensitive. Not a fan of the trans tuning either. I might give it a day or 2 before flashing back to stock to see if I get used to it.

I emailed OV last night about the high idle, waiting on a response....

Might also see if they can send me a tune that isnt quite so sensitive in the pedal and minus the trans tuning.
Old 12-04-19, 01:18 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

IMO way too sensitive. Taking off from a stoplight I have to really try to not hit it hard (I feel like a 15 yr old driving on a learners permit for the first time). I am trying to press the base of the pedal closest to the floor now so its not so sensitive. Not a fan of the trans tuning either. I might give it a day or 2 before flashing back to stock to see if I get used to it.

Might also see if they can send me a tune that isnt quite so sensitive in the pedal and minus the trans tuning.

im happy to hear that the throttle lag is improved! What year is yours? I think I read that the tune behaves a little differently for each vehicle
Old 12-04-19, 01:20 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

I’ve got a few bolt ons.

-injen intake
-ppe downpipe decatted
-invidia midpipe
-tti turbo muffler delete
-bms stage 1 tune soon to be replaced by OVT

stock axle backs tho. I’m thinking a custom tune will maximize what I have. I still go back and forth on invidia axle backs but I like the stock look and I don’t really want a loud exhaust. Trying to fly under the radar here.
check out the apexi n1 exhaust. It’s in my opinion, the best sounding exhaust for our cars. The ARK grip exhaust sounds good too, but is more midrange heavy in its nite. The apexi is nice and deep
Old 12-04-19, 01:21 PM
novaman64
Rookie

im happy to hear that the throttle lag is improved! What year is yours? I think I read that the tune behaves a little differently for each vehicle
Mine is a 2016
Old 12-04-19, 01:21 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

what about the trans Tuning do you not like? I am not super clear on what it does to the transmission
Old 12-04-19, 01:29 PM
novaman64
Rookie

what about the trans Tuning do you not like? I am not super clear on what it does to the transmission
I live in the foothills (3,000 elevation) and commute down to the city everyday (sea level, about 50 miles each way). At the slightest sign of a hill or even a slight increase in throttle it seems like the car will downshift, and then wont upshift again once the load or throttle is let off, so running down the highway in 7th doing 2200rpm instead of 8th around 2000rpm. I got sick of it on my commute this morning and put in manual mode and just left it in 8th gear. When it downshifts, seems to be a bit more aggressive, so you def feel the downshift, its jerkier than out of the factory. In all honesty it feels like my 1 ton truck after rebuilding the transmission and increasing line pressure and putting in a triple disk torque converter, then driving around in tow/haul mode. Which is great for a truck, but not what I was after in a luxury car.
Old 12-04-19, 03:08 PM
novaman64
Rookie

So there is a idle learn procedure that OV just emailed me, takes about 10 minutes, they said it should resolve my high idle issue. Gonna give it a whirl after work before my commute home.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune