Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-19, 12:15 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by paulmantis
check out the apexi n1 exhaust. It’s in my opinion, the best sounding exhaust for our cars. The ARK grip exhaust sounds good too, but is more midrange heavy in its nite. The apexi is nice and deep
Pretty pricey exhaust. I think I'll stick with stock axle backs. I'm not trying to go for as much power as I can get, just more than stock.
Old 12-05-19, 09:52 AM
paulmantis
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

any chance you could post a video of gunning it from a stop? no worries if not! i'm just chomping at the bit
Old 12-06-19, 09:01 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Sent OV an email for an update on my order. Hoping it ships out soon. I ordered last Wednesday.
Old 12-06-19, 09:20 AM
paulmantis
Rookie

Originally Posted by tnilc
Sent OV an email for an update on my order. Hoping it ships out soon. I ordered last Wednesday.

they still haven’t shipped it yet??? They close on 12/15. I don’t have high hopes for getting my tune before then.
Old 12-06-19, 09:36 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by paulmantis
they still haven’t shipped it yet??? They close on 12/15. I don’t have high hopes for getting my tune before then.
I placed my order late Tuesday so they’d receive it the Wednesday before thanksgiving. I’ve managed e-commerce sites before and as a current retail district manager, I’m willing to cut them some slack for the holidays. I know it’s pretty tough about now.

Their website does say it takes about 5 days to fulfill the order before it’s shipped. So I’m hoping it’s ready soon!
Old 12-06-19, 04:55 PM
vanillatag
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OV, please give us an update on our orders (placed before Thanksgiving holidays), thank you.

Last edited by vanillatag; 12-08-19 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-09-19, 03:08 PM
MrOtis
Driver School Candidate

I have been following this thread for a long time and am a bit disappointed about OV's way of handling customer complaints. It is not necessarily the lack of desire and the want to "help", it is in my opinion a lack of ability to get through a problem fast enough. I get it is a great product, but when it's not working... it's a bad product. With the responses I've seen from OV, it make me wonder if this company is just a 2 person show: 1 is the programmer and the other is the programmer's friend also known as the CEO/president....
Silliness aside, why don't you all just go to JB4 since it's a piggy back option that won't remap the ecu? It still yields about the same HP/TQ numbers, so why not?!
The following users liked this post:
Will31894 (12-09-19)
Old 12-09-19, 03:24 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MrOtis
I have been following this thread for a long time and am a bit disappointed about OV's way of handling customer complaints. It is not necessarily the lack of desire and the want to "help", it is in my opinion a lack of ability to get through a problem fast enough. I get it is a great product, but when it's not working... it's a bad product. With the responses I've seen from OV, it make me wonder if this company is just a 2 person show: 1 is the programmer and the other is the programmer's friend also known as the CEO/president....
Silliness aside, why don't you all just go to JB4 since it's a piggy back option that won't remap the ecu? It still yields about the same HP/TQ numbers, so why not?!
How's the BOV sound coming along?
Old 12-09-19, 03:49 PM
Will31894
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Ive always been on the edge with their tune, but the fact they have a very delayed customer service always seals the deal on not purchasing the tune.
Old 12-09-19, 05:49 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

My main reason for picking the OV tune over the JB4 was that OV tunes out the artificial throttle delay that lexus programmed into our ECU. It's not necessarily about the power but that it actually improves the drivability of the car. I'm sure others have similar reasoning.

You are correct though that their communication and turn around time are lacking significantly. They did say they would be hiring more people when they moved into the new shop but it seems like nothing has happened yet. Hopefully they can turn it around soon.
Old 12-09-19, 07:32 PM
vanillatag
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Miintt
My main reason for picking the OV tune over the JB4 was that OV tunes out the artificial throttle delay that lexus programmed into our ECU. It's not necessarily about the power but that it actually improves the drivability of the car. I'm sure others have similar reasoning.

You are correct though that their communication and turn around time are lacking significantly. They did say they would be hiring more people when they moved into the new shop but it seems like nothing has happened yet. Hopefully they can turn it around soon.
The improved throttle response is the main reason I decided to go with OV. I just saw they'll be closed from December 15th to January 5th......hmm. I think I'll only receive my order in 2020. Hopefully they can find a way to speed up the process so for us we ordered for the Black Friday deal won't wait too long, fingers crossed.
Old 12-10-19, 07:36 AM
paulmantis
Rookie

Originally Posted by vanillatag
The improved throttle response is the main reason I decided to go with OV. I just saw they'll be closed from December 15th to January 5th......hmm. I think I'll only receive my order in 2020. Hopefully they can find a way to speed up the process so for us we ordered for the Black Friday deal won't wait too long, fingers crossed.
I sent them an email a couple days ago and got these responses last night

Old 12-10-19, 08:55 AM
paulmantis
Rookie

Further update: I asked if they'd still be sending out registry and tune files while the office was closed and Matt said that they would be!
The following users liked this post:
Scrabie (12-10-19)
Old 12-10-19, 01:17 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Mine shipped!
Old 12-10-19, 10:12 PM
vanillatag
Driver School Candidate

I got an email reply from Rafael too.
Glad to know they'll continue to send out registry and tune files during the holidays. I am looking forward to get the tune on my car soon.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune