Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-17, 01:49 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by sypw
Any of you ppl install this HPS ? Any Comment ?
Honestly I would recommend you guys to refrain from changing the intake pipe or going for HPS, new cars rely allot on MAF calculations and these pipes are getting plugged after the maf, this causes calculations to be inaccurate, and the way to fix that is tuning and we all now that the tune for this car is a long way from becoming mature and looking into these issues, I am talking from my own experience also the "additional" power these pipes add is questionable since you are not changing the actually restrictions (End and beginning part)

Nuke
The following 2 users liked this post by Nuke:
Pacific13 (04-03-17), sypw (04-03-17)
Old 04-03-17, 06:29 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by cbus
Sheddy,

Could you update us with fuel consumption and just everything? I'm so excited about this. Stage 1 is coming very soon..
So far i am highly satisfied with how my car feels! Fuel consumption didn't seem to change, acceleration has been improved greatly and the car just pulls very strong throughout the RPM range. I would definitely say it feel a lot more fun than the piggyback, since a lot of parameters have been tweaked versus just boost. If i had to find a fault is that i tend to drive too fast now

Old 04-03-17, 06:35 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Honestly I would recommend you guys to refrain from changing the intake pipe or going for HPS, new cars rely allot on MAF calculations and these pipes are getting plugged after the maf, this causes calculations to be inaccurate, and the way to fix that is tuning and we all now that the tune for this car is a long way from becoming mature and looking into these issues, I am talking from my own experience also the "additional" power these pipes add is questionable since you are not changing the actually restrictions (End and beginning part)

Nuke
@Sheddy,

Is initial throttle response improved? TTI get rid of that horrible pedal lag?

They do rely on MAF calculations indeed. I enjoy my HPS intake quite a bit- no issues with it so far after a couple hundred miles. If a CEL was going to come on, it would have done so already. 3500-5000rpm feels a little stronger in the car now.

Last edited by cbus; 04-03-17 at 06:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sypw (04-03-17)
Old 04-03-17, 07:14 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cbus
@Sheddy,

Is initial throttle response improved? TTI get rid of that horrible pedal lag?
The pedal feels in sync now, the kick down is still present due to the drive by wire throttle, but has been drastically improved.
The following users liked this post:
Pacific13 (04-03-17)
Old 04-03-17, 09:35 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sheddy
So far i am highly satisfied with how my car feels! Fuel consumption didn't seem to change, acceleration has been improved greatly and the car just pulls very strong throughout the RPM range. I would definitely say it feel a lot more fun than the piggyback, since a lot of parameters have been tweaked versus just boost. If i had to find a fault is that i tend to drive too fast now

looool i need to have that fault too soon stage two on mine
Old 04-03-17, 09:55 AM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

looool i need to have that fault too soon stage two on mine
19 MPG club :P?
Old 04-03-17, 11:13 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
19 MPG club :P?
loool Mason bro i would trade MPGs for WHP any time 😂
Old 04-03-17, 11:15 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

btw Sheddy I see ur gauge displays PSI value in the middle mine only has the indicator, so is that a US spec thing or do I need to switch it on?
Old 04-03-17, 11:15 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I also will sacrifice my MPG to the WHP gods. I get 19mpg stock lol.... in its stock form its kinda a 100% throttle or 0% kinda car for me at least.
Old 04-03-17, 11:43 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

btw Sheddy I see ur gauge displays PSI value in the middle mine only has the indicator, so is that a US spec thing or do I need to switch it on?
Yes the US spec has PSI, i believe you may have 100KPa (Kilopascal) = 1 Bar = around 14.5 PSI.
Old 04-03-17, 12:12 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

I am not going to dyno it so soon. Tony advised me to drive it around for a couple days to make sure everything is good with the fuel consumption etc , but I will definitely say that this is the best tune I've ran on my car. The boost holds past the 1.5 bar throughout the RPM's, the throttle feels very responsive and the car just moves!
Interesting man. Glad you like it. Can you post a video from stand still til whenever-miles-per hour? including the boost gauge?

thats interesting though. the boost doesn't taper off as RPMs climb as stock does? isn't that done for safety? Maybe they have some tuning tricks these days. lol
Old 04-03-17, 12:13 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Oh nevermind your video popped up. that looks great. and seems to retain some taper off.. but aggressive! looks nice
Old 04-03-17, 12:14 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Yes the US spec has PSI, i believe you may have 100KPa (Kilopascal) = 1 Bar = around 14.5 PSI.
in the menu you can switch between psi and bar.
Old 04-03-17, 12:55 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT
Oh nevermind your video popped up. that looks great. and seems to retain some taper off.. but aggressive! looks nice
Yea, it feels great! The adjustments TTI made on the boost, VVTI engagement, A/F etc. is very noticeable over stock.

Last edited by Sheddy; 04-03-17 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-03-17, 02:40 PM
Pacific13
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TTITony
That's information for NX200T user as follows,I thing IS200T owner would like to know too.

About the Toyota system, we use the dedicated tools via OBD port read/write and programming software to do the basic upgrade.

In fact, we have implemented 102 days with daily driving tests and dyno tests to be the reason for the balance of durability and fuel consumption.Try to reference our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ttimotorspo...13748451985991
NX200T test info click herehttps://www.facebook.com/ttimotorspo...18560258171477

About us to modify the ECU detail as follows

Basic program
1. Boost pressure request value
2. Mass air flow static value
3.Maximum filling( 5 modes)
4.Torque limitation
5.Boost limitation via intake tempture Knock level
6.Injection control (IAT/MAF/Coolant)
7.Lambda control (open loop/close loop)
8.Ignition timing(IAT/Knock control)
9.VVT-i optimization(full boost and high RPM)
10.Throttle response
For upgrade ECU that above basic settings are necessary, we do two type of fuel octane(RON95 and 98)
We are ready to road test for 8AR-FTS in US next week.
Please feel free to contact us ttisuperfast@gmail.com

I hope you are satisfied with our reply
Tony, you make reference to the dedicated tools via OBD to flash/read/write the ECU. What do you mean by dedicated??.. Is it MVCI as usually used with Techstream for Toyota/Lexus or it is something like Ecutek or Alientech?? Thank your job. I follow with interest the development and may be will do the ECU/TECU flash.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune