Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-20, 01:40 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

what effect have you seen on fuel economy?
Old 01-04-20, 04:07 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

Default Fault code P0505-00-E8

My car threw this code after a day and a half of 1.02

hs anyone else seen this Code? It disabled my cruise control... I cleared it with their software though and everything was back to normal.

any thought?
Old 01-04-20, 06:12 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

Originally Posted by novaman64
So there is a idle learn procedure that OV just emailed me, takes about 10 minutes, they said it should resolve my high idle issue. Gonna give it a whirl after work before my commute home.

can you describe the process? I just got mine flashed, and the car has thrown two codes related to the idle control system. That was on 1.02, I’m on 1.01GC for now until I can get that figured oht
Old 01-05-20, 11:31 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

I still haven't received my registry file...I ordered my OV Tune on 11/27, didn't receive it until 12/16.

I sent my registration info 12/17.

Left message on their Facebook 12/31 about not receiving registration info. OVT Replied and asked if I sent to the correct email, I said yes. No reply since.

I resent registration information on 01/01...still no reply or file. Some of you sent your files in on 12/18 and 12/26 and already have tunes. This is really frustrating. Another Facebook user said they're in the same boat. I'm probably going to file a charge back if I don't get a response. I feel like I've been patient enough.
Old 01-05-20, 11:03 PM
vanillatag
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
I still haven't received my registry file...I ordered my OV Tune on 11/27, didn't receive it until 12/16.

I sent my registration info 12/17.

Left message on their Facebook 12/31 about not receiving registration info. OVT Replied and asked if I sent to the correct email, I said yes. No reply since.

I resent registration information on 01/01...still no reply or file. Some of you sent your files in on 12/18 and 12/26 and already have tunes. This is really frustrating. Another Facebook user said they're in the same boat. I'm probably going to file a charge back if I don't get a response. I feel like I've been patient enough.
Did you send the registration info to support@ovtune.zendesk.com? If you didn't send it there, I suggest you resend the registration info again to their designated inbox. Hope it helps you to get the license sooner.
Old 01-05-20, 11:19 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by vanillatag
Did you send the registration info to support@ovtune.zendesk.com? If you didn't send it there, I suggest you resend the registration info again to their designated inbox. Hope it helps you to get the license sooner.
Yes, I did. I said OVT asked the same thing and the answer is Yes. I literally copy pasted the information. I even sent it a second time as I said I did.
Old 01-06-20, 03:46 AM
vanillatag
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Review on 1.02 tune file

Thanks, Mathew for sending out the tune files before the weekend. I was able to test the 1.02 tune file during the weekend for both city and highway driving. With 1.02 tune file, the car definitely feels more sprightly. We all knew the 3rd gen IS is a heavy car, the tune makes the car feels much lighter. The throttle response feels much snappier and much more responsive while the car is in motion. However, the difference is less obvious when doing a full-throttle from a red light stop. I feel the laziness is still there when trying to do hard acceleration to the car from 0. Besides the laziness when accelerating from a dead stop, the overall driving experience is vastly improved for city driving for sure.

For highway driving, which I do quite a lot every day (I drive 25 miles each way for work commute). The experience has been fifty-fifty improvements for me. I find the acceleration comes on quicker when I put my foot down 50% of the time, and in another 50% of the time, I still find the car feeling lazy. I am not sure why the car still feels lazy 50% of time on the highway, maybe it's simply the turbo lag? I don't know. Maybe someone who knows more about the car can explain it better. Generally, I find the car feeling lazy when I am cruising at lower RPMs (i.e. 2,000 RPM), I wish the car can feel more consistent in terms of responsiveness for high way driving. One thing for sure is, it used to be quite dangerous when doing manually down-shifting for speeding up and overtaking, there was always a 1~1.5 seconds delay before you could feel any acceleration after dropping the gears. Now the delay has been reduced, and it's much safer now because you don't need to plan that 1~2 seconds ahead before trying to overtake other cars.

The tune makes the car felt how it was supposed to be right from the factory. It's a great work from OV, the tune is worth every dollar spent.
@OV, you guys made the car from feeling lazy to feeling normal now. Is it possible to make our cars feel even more aggressive through the tunes?
Old 01-06-20, 07:23 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by vanillatag
Thanks, Mathew for sending out the tune files before the weekend. I was able to test the 1.02 tune file during the weekend for both city and highway driving. With 1.02 tune file, the car definitely feels more sprightly. We all knew the 3rd gen IS is a heavy car, the tune makes the car feels much lighter. The throttle response feels much snappier and much more responsive while the car is in motion. However, the difference is less obvious when doing a full-throttle from a red light stop. I feel the laziness is still there when trying to do hard acceleration to the car from 0. Besides the laziness when accelerating from a dead stop, the overall driving experience is vastly improved for city driving for sure.

For highway driving, which I do quite a lot every day (I drive 25 miles each way for work commute). The experience has been fifty-fifty improvements for me. I find the acceleration comes on quicker when I put my foot down 50% of the time, and in another 50% of the time, I still find the car feeling lazy. I am not sure why the car still feels lazy 50% of time on the highway, maybe it's simply the turbo lag? I don't know. Maybe someone who knows more about the car can explain it better. Generally, I find the car feeling lazy when I am cruising at lower RPMs (i.e. 2,000 RPM), I wish the car can feel more consistent in terms of responsiveness for high way driving. One thing for sure is, it used to be quite dangerous when doing manually down-shifting for speeding up and overtaking, there was always a 1~1.5 seconds delay before you could feel any acceleration after dropping the gears. Now the delay has been reduced, and it's much safer now because you don't need to plan that 1~2 seconds ahead before trying to overtake other cars.

The tune makes the car felt how it was supposed to be right from the factory. It's a great work from OV, the tune is worth every dollar spent.
@OV, you guys made the car from feeling lazy to feeling normal now. Is it possible to make our cars feel even more aggressive through the tunes?
seriously wtf why can’t I even get a registration file. I followed instructions exactly.
Old 01-06-20, 01:56 PM
untdavid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
seriously wtf why can’t I even get a registration file. I followed instructions exactly.
Did you check your spam/junk mail folder? Otherwise, request them to help you remotely via remote access software (TeamViewer, screen connect, etc.)
Old 01-06-20, 04:32 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by untdavid
Did you check your spam/junk mail folder? Otherwise, request them to help you remotely via remote access software (TeamViewer, screen connect, etc.)
yes.

I did everything correctly. I finally got my file.

it’s time to get this going. Lol. I have a lotta mods so interested to see how my car takes this tune.
Old 01-06-20, 07:19 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

would love to hear how it affects your fuel economy! Since flashing my car has been DRINKING fuel...(i'm on 1.01 G currently because they're not sure why my car won't stop idling high even after doing the idle reset :/
Old 01-06-20, 08:53 PM
untdavid
Driver School Candidate

I received my EROM tune ver. 1.01G for calibration 53Q21 today. I guess ver. 1.02 is not available until all the bugs have been addressed. I removed my BMS stage 1 piggyback and the initial impression of the tune is positive. The only downside is I can't tell the difference between the three modes. They all feel the same.

I hope they iron out all the kinks from ver. 1.02 soon, since I hear mainly positive things about it.
Old 01-06-20, 09:02 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by untdavid
I received my EROM tune ver. 1.01G for calibration 53Q21 today. I guess ver. 1.02 is not available until all the bugs have been addressed. I removed my BMS stage 1 piggyback and the initial impression of the tune is positive. The only downside is I can't tell the difference between the three modes. They all feel the same.

I hope they iron out all the kinks from ver. 1.02 soon, since I hear mainly positive things about it.
I was going to ask OVT about the possibility of running the BMS Stage 1 tune with the OV Tune.

I know a lot of BMW guys will use the BMS JB4 in conjunction with other flash tunes. It's an interesting idea so I think I'm going to hold on to my stage 1 tune for now.

BTW, Loved my BMS stage 1 tune. It was worth it.
Old 01-08-20, 09:59 AM
paulmantis
Rookie

It's definitely stronger than 1.01. On my car though, it was making it throw codes related to the idle control system. The car was idling at 1,250 RPM in park, even after trying the idle reset several times
Old 01-08-20, 10:57 AM
bartolini9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by paulmantis
It's definitely stronger than 1.01. On my car though, it was making it throw codes related to the idle control system. The car was idling at 1,250 RPM in park, even after trying the idle reset several times
What is your problem that your car is idling at 1250 RPM when started? I could see this on my car from the beginning (brand new car), when the car starts, engine keeps a bit higher RPM in park, but when I change the gear to D the RPM go down. When in park after 1-2 minutes it goes down to 700-800 RPM. I can't see that it's anything wrong with that. On my friends car is exactly the same.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune