Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-20, 11:16 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Here's some sound clips of my set up. My cold start is way too loud lol

Cold Start in my garage

https://i.imgur.com/0vm6Ji3.mp4

About 10 seconds later it mellows out, still pretty loud
https://i.imgur.com/IgufhdS.mp4
Old 02-11-20, 11:19 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
Here's some sound clips of my set up. My cold start is way too loud lol

Cold Start in my garage

https://i.imgur.com/0vm6Ji3.mp4

About 10 seconds later it mellows out, still pretty loud
https://i.imgur.com/IgufhdS.mp4
sounds awesome! What exhaust is that ?
Old 02-12-20, 04:40 AM
shumasta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it just seems to me that they are concentrating on a few other cars instead of focusing on the IS200T, thing is OV needs to refine their rom issues for a while now.
Old 02-13-20, 10:59 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by paulmantis
sounds awesome! What exhaust is that ?
PPE catless downpipe, Invidia Midpipe, Invidia Q300 axlebacks
Old 02-13-20, 11:01 PM
tnilc
Instructor

I'm hoping my axlebacks change tone a little after they've been broken in. I really don't like the low rpm drone. I also feel like my transmission shifts too fast/much under 2500 rpms which keeps me in that drone.

Cruising at like 30mph tho it sounds fine.
Old 02-14-20, 05:49 AM
Thirst16
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shumasta
it just seems to me that they are concentrating on a few other cars instead of focusing on the IS200T, thing is OV needs to refine their rom issues for a while now.
This is the case for both OV and RR Racing. Our platform doesn’t really take top priority. I actually spoke to RR a couple days ago. They said their tune should be out later this year but they have several other projects to focus on before. I think the demand is just too low for anyone to devote enough time to it.
Old 02-14-20, 10:40 AM
RideLex
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Instead of waiting for new tune releases Ive decided to tune the car myself. I already found software for ECU and TCU tuning for the 8ar-fts engine. I’m going to get with local tuners, put it on a dyno and tune this vehicle with extra support. Since I don’t want/have to tune anything else, I’ll be focusing on this platform until I get all the juice out of this car. If we can’t get any real power from it, turbo upgrade will be coming very soon.

Last edited by RideLex; 02-14-20 at 10:45 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by RideLex:
illdanny (02-20-20), Minitech (02-27-20), Scrabie (02-17-20), shumasta (02-22-20), snead (02-14-20)
Old 02-17-20, 03:28 PM
illdanny
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RideLex
Instead of waiting for new tune releases Ive decided to tune the car myself. I already found software for ECU and TCU tuning for the 8ar-fts engine. I’m going to get with local tuners, put it on a dyno and tune this vehicle with extra support. Since I don’t want/have to tune anything else, I’ll be focusing on this platform until I get all the juice out of this car. If we can’t get any real power from it, turbo upgrade will be coming very soon.
what software can you use? Please get back to me privately I’m very interested in maybe working together on this I own a 2019 IS300 F-sport as well as an online car part business and I want to make a flex fuel kit/ tune for this platform
The following users liked this post:
snead (02-18-20)
Old 02-19-20, 10:06 PM
tnilc
Instructor

OVTune still going strong for me, no issues.
Old 02-20-20, 09:12 AM
tmiller43
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OV tune

Hey guys I've been following this thread for close to a year now. I have a '16 IS200T F-Sport, with an AEM intake w/heatshield, and a muffler delete. I have come from an 06 is350, and an 06 wrx with full bolt-ons, so obviously I can feel the lack of power with the 200. My question is, will it be worth it to invest in the OV tune? How much better is the powerband and drivability? I have read a lot of mixed review. Also, OV's website the lexus tune is no longer listed, only the Tacoma, Im waiting to hear back regarding availability.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-20, 07:23 PM
illdanny
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmiller43
Hey guys I've been following this thread for close to a year now. I have a '16 IS200T F-Sport, with an AEM intake w/heatshield, and a muffler delete. I have come from an 06 is350, and an 06 wrx with full bolt-ons, so obviously I can feel the lack of power with the 200. My question is, will it be worth it to invest in the OV tune? How much better is the powerband and drivability? I have read a lot of mixed review. Also, OV's website the lexus tune is no longer listed, only the Tacoma, Im waiting to hear back regarding availability.

Thanks!
Yes please! Someone please Contact OV I dont see the Lexus tune anymore either and I want to discuss the possibility of getting a flex fuel tune done as well. Also probably gonna start making custom downpipes, intakes, charge pipes and mid pipes for the 8ar-fts platform since the ones out there are a little expensive in my opinion
Old 02-20-20, 10:42 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by tmiller43

Thanks!
The OV tune is worth it imo. It's not gonna make the car fast by any means but it definitely improves the powerband and drivability a lot by tuning out the artificial throttle delay. I'm not sure why the lexus tune isn't listed any longer but their communication is pretty bad so be prepared for that if you decide to buy it.

Originally Posted by illdanny
Yes please! Someone please Contact OV I dont see the Lexus tune anymore either and I want to discuss the possibility of getting a flex fuel tune done as well. Also probably gonna start making custom downpipes, intakes, charge pipes and mid pipes for the 8ar-fts platform since the ones out there are a little expensive in my opinion
How do you plan on making a custom charge pipe? I really want one for my car but there's no one making or selling them for our cars. FTP did one group buy then discontinued them.
Old 02-22-20, 01:52 PM
idleninjaz
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Okay so I've sent in a data log on 2/11 and received a new tune with throttle response adjustments on 2/16. After a few days of driving, it definitely feels more alive and eager to move on re-acceleration. I'll probably be doing another data log to see if any fine tuning can be done.
Old 02-22-20, 01:54 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by idleninjaz
Okay so I've sent in a data log on 2/11 and received a new tune with throttle response adjustments on 2/16. After a few days of driving, it definitely feels more alive and eager to move on re-acceleration. I'll probably be doing another data log to see if any fine tuning can be done.
What was your throttle like before the adjustments?
Old 02-22-20, 01:58 PM
idleninjaz
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
What was your throttle like before the adjustments?
Felt like stock, they were having trouble tuning mine because it's a 2018 IS300 with different logic. It kept throwing a throttle actuator code on startup and took a while for them to figure out how to work around it. I think it was pretty much left on default cause I kept forgetting to do a data log for adjustments lol.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune