Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-20, 02:05 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by idleninjaz
Felt like stock, they were having trouble tuning mine because it's a 2018 IS300 with different logic. It kept throwing a throttle actuator code on startup and took a while for them to figure out how to work around it. I think it was pretty much left on default cause I kept forgetting to do a data log for adjustments lol.
Oh got it, my RC has a bunch of bolt ons. Sent datalogs with stock axlebacks and they said everything looked good just needed a couple of tweaks and asked what octane I was using.

I got my axle backs on and it caused me to realize there was a problem. After getting forum help, it turned out my vacuum regulator was bad and it was a known issue with a TSB. After I fixed it, I threw a CEL because my O2 sensor came loose from my downpipe. Sent some new datalogs with the axle backs to OVTune on Sunday afternoon. I did mention to them that with the full exhaust now, I felt like the car shifted too quickly under 2500 rpms. The car had a really bad drone between 2000 rpms and 2500 rpms, I wonder if throttle adjustments could help that?

Either way, after driving more on the new axle backs, they broke in a bit and the drone isn't as bad as it was brand new so I can live with it, but I hope OVTune can help it improve.
Old 02-23-20, 01:33 AM
JayHarris
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final answer!

I’m tore apart between TTi/JB4 tune!!! If you have either of the two please list mods and numbers if you have them!! Need advice and a Facebook group for the 2.0t platform would be so much easier than all this flipping thru trying to find a good answer!!!
Old 02-23-20, 10:27 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by JayHarris
I’m tore apart between TTi/JB4 tune!!! If you have either of the two please list mods and numbers if you have them!! Need advice and a Facebook group for the 2.0t platform would be so much easier than all this flipping thru trying to find a good answer!!!
Totally different tunes. TTI is a flash tune which a flash tune will always be better than a piggyback tune which is what a JB4 tuner is. I am running the JB4 and all you really get is increased torque. A flash tune like TTI or OV Tune will change much more such as the acceleration table the transmission logic, etc etc. Go with the TTI I’m planning on going with the OV tune once my power train warranty is over.
The following users liked this post:
RC350s (03-16-20)
Old 02-23-20, 04:29 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by Flash5
Totally different tunes. TTI is a flash tune which a flash tune will always be better than a piggyback tune which is what a JB4 tuner is. I am running the JB4 and all you really get is increased torque. A flash tune like TTI or OV Tune will change much more such as the acceleration table the transmission logic, etc etc. Go with the TTI I’m planning on going with the OV tune once my power train warranty is over.
Unless you're in So Cal, TTi might not be a good choice because it looks like there was one member that had issues with getting equipment replaced. I know they have a So Cal shop that I have been to to pick up a turbo muffler delete.

OVTune removed the Lexus flash from their website. Not sure what happened, hopefully they'll bring it back.
Old 02-23-20, 06:27 PM
JayHarris
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but reading some of these comments on OV tune I’m not sure if I want to be bother with them and TTi website say out of stock and that’s a lot of money when the jb4 can still get decent numbers!!!
Originally Posted by Flash5
Old 02-23-20, 07:18 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

but reading some of these comments on OV tune I’m not sure if I want to be bother with them and TTi website say out of stock and that’s a lot of money when the jb4 can still get decent numbers!!!
I've been running the JB4 for about 1.5 years and it's been pretty good. I haven't really changed it from Map 1, but it definitely bumps the torque up. Without it, this car feels even slower than it already is haha. I really want an ECU tune to improve the acceleration delay as that's probably one of the biggest reasons this car feels sluggish. I would recommend you spend your money on the TTI tune if anything.
Old 02-23-20, 08:14 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

I've ran both tunes. TTi's tune is pricier but works out of the box, with fast vendor communication. OV's tune, on the other hand, makes the car more responsive and pull harder than TTi's with some ironing out most likely needed, based on the experience of others and myself.
Old 02-25-20, 02:29 AM
levchik77
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi. Does the racechip box really work?
Old 02-25-20, 08:29 AM
paulmantis
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Hiccup

So, yesterday on the way home, I was driving on the highway in rainy weather. Out of nowhere, my car goes into limp mode. It was pretty scary, especially with how much traffic there was all around me. Thankfully, I was able to limp the car off the highway and into a parking lot, where I turned it off. I waited about 30 seconds, and then started it back up. Fortunately, that was able to get me enough power to get home. The dash was lit up like a christmas tree, brake system override failure, VSC, check engine light, bunch of stuff. I got it home, read the code, which was P 2119-04-E8. I flashed back to 1.01 G. The car today has been driving perfectly. Thankfully it seems like it was only related to the tune, not damage of my actual vehicle. I emailed this to OV. Waiting to see what they say, will update the thread.
Old 02-25-20, 09:31 AM
illdanny
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paulmantis
So, yesterday on the way home, I was driving on the highway in rainy weather. Out of nowhere, my car goes into limp mode. It was pretty scary, especially with how much traffic there was all around me. Thankfully, I was able to limp the car off the highway and into a parking lot, where I turned it off. I waited about 30 seconds, and then started it back up. Fortunately, that was able to get me enough power to get home. The dash was lit up like a christmas tree, brake system override failure, VSC, check engine light, bunch of stuff. I got it home, read the code, which was P 2119-04-E8. I flashed back to 1.01 G. The car today has been driving perfectly. Thankfully it seems like it was only related to the tune, not damage of my actual vehicle. I emailed this to OV. Waiting to see what they say, will update the thread.
I messaged OV on facebook on regards to the lexus tune and still haven’t heard back from him lmk if he gets back to you I wanna buy his tune lol
Old 02-25-20, 08:58 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by paulmantis
What tune were you on when it happened? And how many miles did you have on it? Sometimes I wonder if I should leave my laptop in the car. I wish we had a handheld for this.
Old 02-25-20, 10:19 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
What tune were you on when it happened? And how many miles did you have on it? Sometimes I wonder if I should leave my laptop in the car. I wish we had a handheld for this.

a revision of 1.02 OV sent me, I probably had about 6-750 miles on this tune.
The following users liked this post:
Minitech (03-08-20)
Old 02-26-20, 08:35 AM
tmiller43
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard back from Matthew at OV. His email regarding the tune being taken off the website: "Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately we do not have any date for availability".

That sucks, not only is there no timeframe for the tune, but it also won't be available during their 15% off sale.
Old 02-26-20, 08:08 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by tmiller43
I heard back from Matthew at OV. His email regarding the tune being taken off the website: "Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately we do not have any date for availability".

That sucks, not only is there no timeframe for the tune, but it also won't be available during their 15% off sale.
That 15% off sale comes around frequently.
Old 02-27-20, 02:53 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by tmiller43

I’m really curious why they stopped offering the tune. I’m glad I got mine when I did.

I asked Matt about an ETA for the big turbo and he told me that they stopped working on the project for now to focus on other things.

I wonder if they’re dropping the Lexus platform altogether.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune